FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Impossible love

ratanegra
Not long time ago I was looking at a girl and what I saw in her was beauty. She stood out from all of the girls around her and albeit she wasn't the most beautiful, for me, she was the right one. I'd only see her once every week (on Saturdays). Thus I started planning things to see her more frequently. When my plan was ready I took it out. But the day before my first strike had taken place I heard her say something about her boyfriend. I didn't care, I would take her from him. But then it happened. She mentioned his name and it took me a whole minute to realize that her partner was my best friend.

A good man for a good girl. Who can tear them apart?

They love each other very much. Two days ago she was planning to buy for him the best birthday gift I've ever seen.
kitsrock
Wow. That kinda sucks. I suppose it really depends on your definition of the term 'line' that shouldn't be crossed regarding friends and love.

Some would agree that 'all is fair in love and war', while others might be chanting the 'bros before hoes' mantra.

Whichever route you take, you are going to be criticized. Take her, and you're a jerk who steals his best friend's gf. Leave her alone, and you're sissy who can't man up to his feelings.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. At the end of the day, it really matters what you want. (p.s. if you try for your friend's girlfriend but fail to get her, worst. case. scenario. ever.)
Bluedoll
Reminds me of an old Elvis song. What were those lyrics again?
Something along the lines of "I let my best friend into my love affair, that was the end of my love affair, that was the end of my friendship".
Yes, my dear friend, you need to do the right thing and let love take the right course. Threesomes are illegal in most states but residences can apply for a license to fight for what is rightfully yours.
Welcome to the state of Ohigotabigcrushonyou.
deanhills
@ratanegra. I guess you've just described a classic situation. I'm sure this happens very often to best friends. They fall in love with the same girl. This has to suck badly however, since he is your best friend, you will have to face her as often as you see your best friend.

There is someone who says that the best remedy for a head ache is to run into a wall head first. So maybe it would be a good idea now to go find another girl that you can take out on a regular basis and who can distract you. Even if only on a friendship basis. You need to focus away, otherwise all of this is going to mess with your head, more than it should.
Greatking
Well I guess it was not meant to be.

Everything well planned and then it turned out to be your best friend's girl. What if it was another person than you best friend.

Hard luck I guess, but hey there is someone out there desperately waiting for you. Keep searching and you will find.
Da Rossa
ratanegra wrote:
Not long time ago I was looking at a girl and what I saw in her was beauty. She stood out from all of the girls around her and albeit she wasn't the most beautiful, for me, she was the right one. I'd only see her once every week (on Saturdays). Thus I started planning things to see her more frequently. When my plan was ready I took it out. But the day before my first strike had taken place I heard her say something about her boyfriend. I didn't care, I would take her from him. But then it happened. She mentioned his name and it took me a whole minute to realize that her partner was my best friend.

A good man for a good girl. Who can tear them apart?

They love each other very much. Two days ago she was planning to buy for him the best birthday gift I've ever seen.

Well, then you don't love this woman. You don't want to. It's not worth. It's like swimming through the Atlantic to grab a 100 dollar bill. Yeah, trust me, this comparison is not absurd.

Present and actual friendship trumps an eventual affair.

And you made it clear: what you've seen is beauty.

It's even immoral to think about considering something. Don't go there. It's betrayal on the thoughts field. The next is betrayal by words and, finally, the effective betrayal by action. Don't feel tempted.
jmlworld
@ratanegra this is one of the few annoying situations that make you start being jealous towards your friend, and unless you want to get trouble with your best friend, you have an option to turn your focus on something else.

deanhills wrote:
...maybe it would be a good idea now to go find another girl that you can take out on a regular basis and who can distract you. Even if only on a friendship basis. You need to focus away, otherwise all of this is going to mess with your head, more than it should.

Deanhills is spot on, and I couldn't agree more. Exactly what I wanted to say.
Da Rossa
Matthewop wrote:
things will change i think. everything is possible! don't be so disappointed!

Yes, but eventually! If you hit on your good friends' still-warm-ex-girlfriend, he'll probably twist his nose. Not a good environment will come up after that.
inuyasha
Absolutely, you can't tear them apart, and you don't have to.
Don't feel upset. Does it really matter whether she loves you or not? It's the most important that you love her. Therefore you can feel her joy and sorrow. You can help her if she's helpless. You can be great. You will realize love doesn't necessarily need echos.
macky
there are many ways that a relationship might tear apart who knows... no one knows... until

when that a relationship will last..