FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm too thin and I don't want to

ratanegra
Hello, forum, I've been thinking about myself and my body and I've realized that I'm too thin, compared to lots ov other people. I really want to get some weight or at least some shape, but I don't want to go to a gym, I don't want to pay for it.

So I wanted to ask for a way to do all ov that inside my own house. I hope that you can help me.
deanhills
Well, if I want my dog to be healthy and have a shiny coat, I feed it oil. So maybe for humans good quality oil would work as well. I would use a variety of oils. Organic coconut oil for cooking, as coconut oil can deal well with high temperatures. I won't use olive oil for cooking, but add it to the food after it has been cooked. I have just started to cook after a few months of living on raw foods only, and use coconut oil for cooking and drizzle some olive oil after the cooking. I always try and get the extra virgin olive oil, which is the olive oil that comes from the first pressing. I also get organic canola oil and Barleans Flax Oil, and then try and use a variety if I can. Fish oil is also good for you. I am eating a vegetarian diet for now, and take those in capsules. Maybe bulking up on high quality protein may also be a good idea. Especially fatty fish like salmon and sardines and if you are partial to eggs some eggs as well. Probably good to have a large variety of many foods and to eat as regularly as you can.

Together with high quality protein and fats, and of course plenty of vegetables and fruits, exercise is almost equally important. I'm sure your library would have books on what exercises you can do at home. I do my own collection of stretching exercises every morning, and try and get a long walk in as much as I can and when it is not too hectic at work. Right now I'm not doing too well in that, so try and move around as much as I can instead of sitting too much. Best way to get exercise that is really good for you is to develop a hobby out of an exercise. Like golfing can be really great fun, but perhaps a little on the expensive side. I like diving, have done birding at one time that meant long walks out in the field. Find something that gets you in the outdoors and involves plenty of activity in fresh air, but is fun as well. Walking I really enjoy, as after a while I find it almost like meditation of a kind.
watersoul
Push-ups, sit-ups & pull-ups (if you can rig some kind of bar up in a doorway or something), plus lots of protein & carb's to let your body work with, and lots of effort.

I'm the same about the gym, boring as anything to me, so I just do the above and keep in pretty good shape as a result. Remember though, it's not the shape you are, its the shape you're in. I've shamed a few big blokes over the years when my quite thin body has dug longer trenches or carried more roof tiles up ladders in the day than they have.

Honestly, half an hour each day will make a huge difference in only a matter of weeks. Your body will tell you how much food you need depending on how much energy you've used. I'm going into lazy winter mode right now, but March/April 2011 I'll get back on the case so I can can be bare-chested on a summer beach without feeling too self confident!
c'tair
You can look for a book called Convict Conditioning. It's great for body weight exercises.

And to gain weight, you simply must combine working out with eating more. Try eating more than 4 meals per day, try sneaking in some snacks in between meals.

When you hit a certain point in working out, it's very hard to maintain weight, since from one side you're burning a lot of fuel and from the other you start eating like a monster.
SonLight
Good balanced nutrition is important, but plenty of protein is especially important for good general health, regardless of whether you're losing, gaining, or maintaining your weight.

It can be difficult to get enough exercise, especially in the winter time. I find most gym stuff and strenuous activities to be too boring, except perhaps something like swimming (which I consider a health risk in the winter) or walking (which is likely to be both unpleasant in the cold and too time-consuming).

One winter I sang in a choral group on a regular basis. I was amazed at how well I maintained body conditioning, even when I only went to one practice a week. I think singing would only work if you really challenge yourself with demanding material and sing at concert volume, though.

I did try singing a little with a group a few months after an illness one time, and was amazed at how quickly I tired and couldn't continue. I was singing at very low volume, so I thought it would be mild exercise. As it turned out, following along with varied timing requirements seemed to be very demanding physically.
macky
ratanegra wrote:
Hello, forum, I've been thinking about myself and my body and I've realized that I'm too thin, compared to lots ov other people. I really want to get some weight or at least some shape, but I don't want to go to a gym, I don't want to pay for it.

So I wanted to ask for a way to do all ov that inside my own house. I hope that you can help me.

all you have to do is to drink lots of vitamins... eg Vitamin C will do help you... eat lots of healthy foods

green leafy vegetables and fruits... lessen to eat junk foods...
xiaohan
Do some sports.