FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

minus and negative points

is this a good idea
ofcourse NOT
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

mahirh
I dont know if this was already suggested but i was thinking about some excellent posts which did not have enough qualification to be called as post (it can be called a comment though) but most of them are short but it did have some idea in it so couldnt we add a system like this- you give + points to a persone if you like his post and once he gets a specific amount (like 10 pluspoints) he would get a point and if the person gets minuspoints , once he gets a specific amount (like 10 minus points) he would get 0.25 points subtracted and one can only give 5 minus points a day and he can only give 10 pluspoint a day and he can only give 5 points to person in his life time , he cannot be on the same ip as the reciever and we can use a proxy detector tooo , he cannot send more than 10 points a month if he is not a verified poster (to prevent abuse)
Bikerman
Sounds very complex and I'm not sure it would work well. I think you would get little groups of posters giving each other points...
mahirh
Bikerman wrote:
Sounds very complex and I'm not sure it would work well. I think you would get little groups of posters giving each other points...

i think you are correct but mybe instead of 1 point for 10 +points , what if we use another currency which can be used for trade or instead of stopping the earning for frih$ , why not use it for this system so that we can make the market once more alive without turning exchanging of coins which will lead to frihost going bust
Peterssidan
I don't like to only be able to decide if something is good or bad. There are so many levels in between. Youtube used to have a rating system 1-5. That was much better because many videos was OK but nothing special so they deserved 3. Some videos was good but not excellent so they deserved a 4. Now they have just good/bad which I don't like at all. So if Frihost should have a rating system I think it should have at least 5 levels (more is probably just confusing).

On the whole idea I don't really see what the benefits are. It's just one more complication. Keep it simple!
adri
I would not insert this, it has to many downsides. First of all, the system is very subjective: people can control other people's points (and that's not something I like), people can give each other likes (where they don't deserve it) so they can both get more points,...

Now such a system is only good, if let's say The Elite Frihosters (Moderators, respected members,...) are able to use this system. In that way you know when points were subtracted from your account, it was because your posts weren't good (visa versa for good points of course...)

adri :p
deanhills
adri wrote:
I would not insert this, it has to many downsides. First of all, the system is very subjective: people can control other people's points (and that's not something I like), people can give each other likes (where they don't deserve it) so they can both get more points,...

Now such a system is only good, if let's say The Elite Frihosters (Moderators, respected members,...) are able to use this system. In that way you know when points were subtracted from your account, it was because your posts weren't good (visa versa for good points of course...)
Totally agreed about the system being too subjective. With regard to your point about Elite Frihosters and respected Frihosters and moderators, I'm not in total agreement. There is a chance that they could be less subjective, but any allocation of points will naturally have an element of subjectivity in it. For example one Moderator's standards may be very high, and his/her allocation of points on the negative side in comparison with another Moderator who may be more compassionate and generous in allocating/subtracting points. The one with the sky high standards may feel duty bound to go round giving points, whether the more compassionate and generous one may not think it is that important in the scope of things. Also, the one with the severe standards may be posting much more regularly than the one who tends to be more easy going and generous when they make their assessments. So subjectivity can be involved in many ways and there may never be a good balance in the total picture so as to be really fair to the posters.

For some it is already an effort and really hard to make their postings, so it may completely discourage them to post as well.
mahirh
adri wrote:
I would not insert this, it has to many downsides. First of all, the system is very subjective: people can control other people's points (and that's not something I like)

only in small amounts , for 10 points , you get 1 frih but you can only give 5 points in a lifetime to the same person
Quote:
For example one Moderator's standards may be very high, and his/her allocation of points on the negative side in comparison with another Moderator who may be more compassionate and generous in allocating/subtracting points.

even if it would make this more complicated , you could assign more categories like
generous category can give only 0 .1 point per post and can only deduct 0.05 per post while
strict moderators can give 0.5 points per post and can only deduct 0.08 point per post
or like "Peterssidan" said , why not just make a starring system and give less points like 0.01 frih$ per 5 stars and so. but you wouldn't be able to point out bad posts and encourage the person to write more quality posts by deducting points