FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google TV globally launched in 2011

rjraaz
Google's CEO Eric Schmidt, announced the release date of Google TV at the IFA show in TV, it will apparently go live in the United States this October, and will be launched globally early next year.

Diverging from the Apple TV pricing scheme, Eric Schmidt also announced that the service would be available free of cost. Google TV would rely on shows produced by content providers, and Google has no intention to " get into actual content production."
mengshi200
Google is full energy and creative spirit company!
deanhills
That sounds like wonderful news. So will that mean that I will be getting TV directly through the Internet without having to attach gadgets to my hardware?
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:
That sounds like wonderful news. So will that mean that I will be getting TV directly through the Internet without having to attach gadgets to my hardware?

No you have to required a tv box in addition to
Voodoocat
You need either an internet capable TV (Sony is bringing out out) or a box such as the logitech revue. Google seems to have a streak of genius- they enter a field and dominate it with innovation. Networks beware!
Navigator
Ah! Google at it again, but what exactly will they be offering with this new service? and how is the advertisement going to work?
deanhills
Navigator wrote:
Ah! Google at it again, but what exactly will they be offering with this new service? and how is the advertisement going to work?
I wonder whether they are going to get it to work seamlessly with the Internet? One could be watching TV as well as get into Google Mail, and all its other services at the same time?
Da Rossa
I'm wondering when it will get to Brazil. We already have some international channels on cable TV in here, but I'm not even sure if it's the same system.

Very positive news.
coolclay
Interesting, I am not really sure what that means? Will they offer like the standard tv networks, and channels or what. Maybe I am behind the times, but I've never even heard of Apple TV? It so funny that people get so excited about free internet TV, when we have and still have free TV programming for so many years. Growing up we never had cable, or satellite tv, just the local channels, and between our 6 local channels there was always something good on. Of course I never really, and stilled don't watch very much TV but that's a different story!