FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

questions :P

Astrolopitecos
how does the webmail works?the mail name is gonna be like what? name@namewechoose.frihost.com?wich one of the 3 is best?

do i need to install 4images or phpbb by fantastico or i can install by myself??
just need to make the mysql database right?
for example in my site i modified 4images php programming for my use.

thanx Cool
Bondings
Your webmail will be *everything*@subdomain.frihost.net or *everything*@yourdomain(s).com.

You may install the software yourself or do it with fantastico. It's your choice, but fantastico is easier IMO.
Astrolopitecos
thanx for the fast answers Wink
i know fantastico is much easier, but in my case i changed a lot of programing in 4images and i dont want to start it over again Razz

this question is stupid...but usually how much space occupies an email?
i think im gonna stay with gmail and mail so i dont use a lot of my webspace with mail stuff, just use it for the site Razz

thanx bondings Cool
Bondings
Astrolopitecos wrote:
this question is stupid...but usually how much space occupies an email?

An email usually occupies a few Kb. Not much and I don't think you'll occupy a lot of space with those emails.
Maka
I dont use the webail provided I just use normal gmail as thats 2gig of space and deosnt use firhost bandwith, I dont have any gallerys installed again that takes space and lots of bandwith, I only have php-nuke installed, the mods I dont need are taken out again to free up space, so now have over 200mb for forum use(messages).
Astrolopitecos
I uploaded the site already...its every thing ok...less the favicon...i doesnt appear...do u know why?

Code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" HREF="imagens/favicon.png" TYPE="image/x-icon" />

should appear...it did in my home server

anyone can help?

another thing...if i do like this ar.frihost.net/imagens/ it will appear a list of my images...isnt there any way to block this?...to appear a error msg instead of the list of my images?

thanx Cool
Astrolopitecos
Quote:

another thing...if i do like this ar.frihost.net/imagens/ it will appear a list of my images...isnt there any way to block this?...to appear a error msg instead of the list of my images?

this one i already discovered...i need to play more with cpanel eh eh eh

thanx anyway Cool
Bockman
You can also CHMOD the folders through your FTP Client.

Afterwards, show us your site.. i'm curious about it Very Happy

Be Well Cool
mOrpheuS
Astrolopitecos wrote:
less the favicon...i doesnt appear

From what I've read up on the internet about this.
the favicon should be a 16x16 pixel, 256 color icon file (.ico) and should be placed in your public_html root.
you can create a .ico out of your jpg using some icon editing tool. (many freewares/sharewares are available)
then it should show up automatically with your site (if bookmarked in IE & in the tab of most multi-tabbed browsers, firefox, maxthon etc.)

try this method and let us know if it works.
Wink
Astrolopitecos
Code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" HREF="imagens/favicon.png" TYPE="image/x-icon" />

Morpheus this is correct Smile
u're favicon it must be in png and can be sized up to 40x40 and u can place it anywhere u want, only need to say it at href Razz Wink
the favicon already started to work Razz it was some javascript code that was getting in the way Razz

Bockman when i get it at 50% working ill tell you the site Smile I need to correct the inclusion of phpbb forum in my site because it is giving me page headers errors, maybe on wednesday Razz until then u can see this one Razz its only based fixed graphics Smile www.acoresradical.co.nr

the real site im doing is a small portal with integration of 4images gallery modified by me and phpbb ( in the future ill change it to SMF forum ) Smile

stay well u all Cool

PS: my current page is getting 21 new unique hits per day, im amazed =) i hope the portal has the same success or better Razz Wink
Maka
Wow you use a lot of smiles lol Laughing ^.