FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dexter

adri

Source: http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/dexter_season_3.jpg

Quote:
Dexter is an American television drama series that centers on Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), a bloodstain pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police Department, who moonlights as a serial killer.

-----
So much for the information for people who don't now the series Dexter. Smile
I'm watching Dexter for a few years now (I guess I started somewhere in 2008 and then I quickly saw season 1 and 2), and I've been hooked up ever since. So far I found Season three the worst (which was actually still pretty good but of all seasons, three was least) and Season four the best. Season 5 is now airing in the USA and this season is really breathtaking. Surprised

So anyone else watching this hit series on Showtime? What do think of this series?

adri
Denvis
Yeah, I watch Dexter. One of my favorite TV shows. I actually found the first season the most interesting and not really liking the 4th season (only because that season focused on how limited Dexter was in terms of free time.... i like it when he kills). The ending of the 1st season was so incredibly dramatic. The ice truck killer turning out to be his brother... I didn't see it coming (maybe it was just me that didn't notice it).

I haven't started watching the 5th season (too busy) but whenever I get the free time, I definitely will. Same goes for the new episodes of supernatural and House.

I don't know if it's me but I really really find Debra irritating and just outright annoying. Despite all she has gone through, I really just want her killed off, I was so disappointed when Lundy died but Debra didn't Crying or Very sad
adri
Denvis wrote:
Yeah, I watch Dexter. One of my favorite TV shows. I actually found the first season the most interesting and not really liking the 4th season (only because that season focused on how limited Dexter was in terms of free time.... i like it when he kills). The ending of the 1st season was so incredibly dramatic. The ice truck killer turning out to be his brother... I didn't see it coming (maybe it was just me that didn't notice it).

Season one was also a good season, but when I look at it now, you can see how much the series has evolved. The first episodes (of Season one) were also extremely dark compared to those in season four and five. Not that I'm too bothered with that because I like Dexter more for his thoughts, not his killing.

Denvis wrote:
I haven't started watching the 5th season (too busy) but whenever I get the free time, I definitely will. Same goes for the new episodes of supernatural and House.

Surprised You should, it's less focused on the family but more on Dexter himself. Smile

Denvis wrote:
I don't know if it's me but I really really find Debra irritating and just outright annoying. Despite all she has gone through, I really just want her killed off, I was so disappointed when Lundy died but Debra didn't Crying or Very sad

Yeah, she's irritating with all that swearing (and f*cking and being stupid), but she'll probably never die in the series because it's one of the mayor storylines. And I can't wait for the moment, where Debra finds out that Dexter is a serial killer. Let's see if she has a big mouth then... But did you know that in real life, Dexter and Debra are married. Shocked

adri
adri
Matthewop wrote:
this show is awesome. Cannot believe there is such a man diffrent in the daytime and at night.. Is there real man in the world??

It's still a show... Razz But there are probably some persons in the world who are quite like Dexter (except for the killing part, that's probably quite unique). There was even a man in Belgium who was a teacher in the daytime but a killer when he was at home...

Don't believe me? Here's an article from the Daily Mail:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1242884/School-teacher-arrested-killing-neighbours-confesses-serial-killer-committed-11-murders.html

But you can't really compare Dexter with any real serial killer. First of all, Dexter has extremely good luck in all of his tensed situations. (He always escapes, he always ends up killing his victims after all,...) Secondly, the chances that you get the drug that Dexter uses to stupefy his victims, are pretty slim. And there are actually a lot of others things that in real life would be almost to impossible...

adri
menino
I've also been watching Dexter since a couple of years now.
I am on season 5, and although I don't find it as good as season 1 and 2, I still like it a lot.

I doubt that there are any real life types like Dexter, in the sense that they prey on other serial killers.
Serial killers prey on other innocent people mostly. Anyways, this is just a tv show.
Segun3d
Any one ever played this series games.
Wouldn't mind being a serial killer myself.
totally teaching the art of killing and being untraceable!
joostvane
"Bump!" New episodes of Dexter have been airing the past weeks. The Lumen character added a lot to the series. (I try not to give away spoilers) Recent developments in the series really bring daytime Dexter and serial killer Dexter closer than ever. It's dangerous and I love it!

What do you guys think about the new season?
oly0015
Least in my opinion the earlier "darker" season one episodes of it I was not a fan of because it didn't really seem to fit for me. These latest episodes I've caught a few of and it seems like they got a lot better at the show in my opinion. Seems like the plot and settings are a bit more thought out then before at least for what I have seen.
Abhishukla
Dexter is really a nice serial, i am watching this serial from quit a long time.
snowboardalliance
I caught up on the first two seasons this past month. I'm really hooked to this show. It's definitely different than most typical shows. Reminds me of non-cheesy burn notice (the style of the clever main character and his narration) combined with the story of the movie Mr. Brooks.
marstrott
Dexter is the show I have been waiting for my whole television watching life! The visual elements from the show are stunning, Dexter is absolutely brilliant and hilarious; it is easily the best new show on TV!
cherry-pie
can't wait for the next season *-*
tazone
great show
really gets into his mind
portoskt
i tried to see that show few times, but every time after just one or two episodes i have lost my interest about it... probably not my kind of fun...
adri
Ghehe, a new trailer appeared on YouTube. Very Happy The trailer suggests a more darker season, I think.

adri
Tesa323
I barley started wacthing Dexter I've seen a couple episodes maybe around 4 episodes it's not that bad actually thougt this was going to be boring. But guess I was wrong.
metalfreek
I haven't followed dexter for season 1 but I have recently watched a few serials and I think its great. But unfortunately season just ended and I have to wait for a while to catch the next season. I am desperately waiting for new season to come. Very Happy
welshsteve
I was racked off with ITV in the UK, when they decided to stop showing this after 2 series, because I think it's a great show. FX now has it, but I don't get this channel on my TV package. I would need to upgrade and am not going to do that just for one channel. I have loads of other crappy channels I never watch and would happily ditch them for the FX channel, but TV packages don't work like that.
menino
Well... if you don't get Dexter on cable..... then do what my friend does ... he downloads them from torrent sites... and then do what I do.... I take it from him .... Laughing
mgeek
What can you say about the new series of Dexter? This one involves religion and religious fanatics. Has anyone seen it yet?
matrixuk321
Just finished season 4 it's great. Shame Rita died though
menino
I saw the season finale a few months ago, and its very interesting.
I don
t know if the new season will start or its ended.
I do hope they continue with Dexter... it is an interesting series, and they've done it quite well.... so far.
mgeek
menino wrote:
I don
I do hope they continue with Dexter... it is an interesting series, and they've done it quite well.... so far.

At the end of season 6, Lieutenant Debbie Morgan caught her brother Dexter Morgan stab the Doomsday Killer. I think that season-ender announces a Dexter7
Peterssidan
Dexter is killing people? I thought it was a Children's television serie.
mgeek
Peterssidan wrote:

This one is not the child-scientist of Cartoon Network. This Dexter is a serial killer who kills serial killers. Well, he has a long-legged sister too who is in love with him.
portoskt
i never liked dexter... i think i just dont like that actor... all my friend like this show, but i dont
Peterssidan
mgeek wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

This one is not the child-scientist of Cartoon Network. This Dexter is a serial killer who kills serial killers. Well, he has a long-legged sister too who is in love with him.

d'oh! Ah, that explains it. I don't know about this Dexter then so I just walk away...
GuidanceReader
menino wrote:
I don

Apparently it's been renewed for 2 more seasons.
belltown
I've been watching Dexter on Netflix, since I don't have cable TV. I can't wait until the last season is released on Netflix, whether it's streaming or DVD, I don't care. Unfortunately, when they release a new season of a show that I'm addicted to, it only takes me a week or so to watch all the episodes of that season. Then I have to wait another year for the next season. I wish there was a way I could only watch one episode every week or to. I just don't have that much willpower though.
Laro696
Segun3d wrote:
Any one ever played this series games.
Wouldn't mind being a serial killer myself.
totally teaching the art of killing and being untraceable!

Wait, there's a game?? Never heard of it. Know there's books though
mgeek
GuidanceReader wrote:

Apparently it's been renewed for 2 more seasons.

Two more seasons! Wow. It must be really that good.
mazito
i just have a 6 seasons marathon in the last month, i hear about it and never look at it until i finish the Six Feet Under, a month ago, so i turn my sigth to Dexter, and i like it, the six season finale when Deb see Sexter kill Travis is good finale.

i think the obvious is that Deb helps Dexter skip justisce this time, because she is in love with her stepbrother (curious, that now in the series will be a couple when in real life have some time divorced).

i think Deb have a chance to be the killing partner that Dexter already experiment with Lumen (Julia Stiles).

cant wait till septemeber 30
gheba
I did not really like the last season... the religious fanatics were boring.

Still the best show on tv anyway.