FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alter reality...

spinout
Let say there is another universe needed to create this one - >

Let say you appear there in the same form and at the same moment of your birth: What vould you have done different in your life?
Are you more successful? Different wife - But then the loss of your present kids?
More time in school?
What in this life would you sacrifice to gain another status?

Most people would have changed it - should you?

Myself: I am kind of Darth Vader so I should have changed alot of stuff - not beeing so bad, bitter.
Bluedoll
I would definitely go out to change my life completely, intent to correct all the mistakes before they happen, and aim only for all the good quality things I know now I can achieve. In this new universe, I now have my wits and knowledge of the past to predict a new better future, not be held back but go into this alternate, bravely with all good intentions.

But alas the world, I did know does not exist. Now that I am changing things, it has ceased to be and what I thought would evolve into a wonderful future, where success would trickle off trees like dew drops has for me, by me, created new windfalls but also new setbacks and challenges that I could not predict. Here I am again with a new life but facing the same dilemma. I am human. Life is a _______.
c'tair
It's hard to tell. Most of the mistakes I've done gave me much needed experience in life. I never really messed up anything more than bad, I've, in my humble opinion, have led a decent, well balanced life filled with quite a few adventures.

I feel pretty good with myself, I see my past as filled with bad stuff but also good stuff. I wouldn't change anything.
ocalhoun
... Given the exact same starting conditions, I would probably end up the exact same way...

Or do you mean that I would start over with all previous memories intact?

If that's the case, I would learn different career paths, so that I would have an even wider base of knowledge... I would have voted differently... And I would have had more confidence in general than when I was young.
...Don't really have any huge mistakes I would go back and unmake, if that's what you're asking for.
deanhills
If I start a new life in a different Universe, and I don't know what I know now when I am born, I probably will do everything the same again. But if, when I am born in that new Universe, I have the advantage of prior knowledge, I would want to try out new things. Would be boring to repeat everything if I already have the foresight of how it is going to turn out. Smile
spinout
Hm, my idea was to see if there was an alter ego in an other universe theat actually accompliced something I didn't manage to do. Someone with same the start but did become something useful Smile

OK, to start over again WITH the present experience - wouldn't that be great! what would you have done different?
deanhills
spinout wrote:
Hm, my idea was to see if there was an alter ego in an other universe theat actually accompliced something I didn't manage to do. Someone with same the start but did become something useful Smile

OK, to start over again WITH the present experience - wouldn't that be great! what would you have done different?
Now this idea I like. Almost like being in competition with yourself on another planet?
spinout
Yes, not exactly a fair start but would be intreresting - would I make it then? What ever goals I had in mind... Still, wouldn't it take the edge of life?

Hm, somethings I would have altered, still NOT all.

Once I met a woman 55 years that said life didn't turn out how she wanted it! Not so great, still needed to make others succed...
watersoul
If I knew what I know now?

I'd probably hurt less people than I have in my current "past" as I've already got through my testosterone fuelled and angst ridden younger days.

Would I particularly want a different life altogether though? Not really, as long as that life gives me food in my belly, clothes on my back, a safe roof over my head, the feeling of being loved by others, and others who I love - then I'm sure I'll find happiness there Smile
jeffryjon
Alternative reality of alternative 'theorality'. It's reasonable to assume that people would want to change those things that they messed up permanently, but would that really improve the present situation? At certain times, like most I guess, I used to wish things had turned out differently, though as life progressed, I felt more that this was childish - life experience made me what I am today and there's nobody else I'd rather be.
spinout
Good for you!

Good tthat some people do it right! Or did you? If your intention was to be a villain, lousy one, then it wouldn't be so hard to become pleased with yourself? Laughing
Today 10% of this planets people have 90% of the resources ... Concidered as bad in my POV. harder to be a hero in that aspect. Still I envy you for beeing proud of who u are!!!!