FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deleting wp directory fails because folder not empty

milleja46
There is a folder on my site was named wp-content, and tried to delete it, thought renaming it wouldn't give the same error but yet it does, the error is:
Unable to delete directory /domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/FAIL: The directory /domains/milleja46games.frih.org/public_html/FAIL is not empty

How do i delete it so i can concentrate on remodeling site?
Bondings
Try to check the directory with the DirectAdmin file manager and remove the files inside there.
milleja46
I actually tried that before i posted this topic.....
watersoul
I had a similar problem a while ago, if you have cPanel access, go to "Legacy File Manager" and try there, for some reason it worked for me where FTP and File Manager both failed.
milleja46
Well i don't have cpanel on my site...it's that direct admin or whatever it's called, i've also tried changing permissions to 777 and it failed...
watersoul
Sorry can't help any further, I did the change perms thing as well first, was really frustrating until the "Legacy File Manager" worked, pity you don't have cPanel, good luck though, maybe someone here has an answer.
truespeed
I had this problem a while back,i found i was able to delete folders using an online FTP.

http://www.net2ftp.com/

I think the above one is the one i used,but there are many others if you google online ftp.
Bondings
I was able to remove the FAIL folder with the DA file manager.

The problem was that in a subdirectory some files were owned by Apache, which caused the problems. By using the 'change ownership' option in the file manager, you can change the permissions back to yourself and after doing that, I was able to remove the folders that caused the problems.
milleja46
thank you bondings!!!!