FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone here take probiotics or enzymes?

will22
Does anyone take probiotics or enzyme supplements? Both at the same time? Good food sources? I'm thinking it would be a very good thing to add to my heath regimen.
watersoul
Never tried them or vitamin supplements, I just stick to fresh juices, fruits & vegetables on top of a balanced diet - I prefer to let my body naturally make what it needs out of that. Some friends of mine are passionate about their benefits, but an overall healthy diet suits me well and I let my own "gut bugs" fight out the battle for balance inside Smile
deanhills
will22 wrote:
Does anyone take probiotics or enzyme supplements? Both at the same time? Good food sources? I'm thinking it would be a very good thing to add to my heath regimen.
I did take them after a fasting session (my first ever) during the summer holidays. They are supposed to be good for digestion and regularity. Enzymes are also very good, but I try and get mine from fresh fruits and vegetables. This is my own opinion, but I don't think one should use probiotics or any other supplements continuously. Better to set a time limit when you start the supplements, then take a long break in between. I took the probiotics for a month and then stopped using them.

There are of cause also natural probiotics in the form of fermented food. For example high quality yoghurt, kefir or quark, or fermented vegetables, like sauerkraut or kimchi.