FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NOD32 update

sudipbanerjee
I am using NOD32 antivirus in my Home PC. I have no internet connection in my home. In past I took the update file from my office PC which also runs with NOD32 antivirus. But at present Office has take Kasparsky as antivirus. So anybody can help me to give information about downloading NOD32 update without installing it in the PC.
menino
I also sometimes need to use offline nod32 updates on a remote PC, which did not have internet, but recently removed the antivirus, as it slowed down the system, since it is old.

In any case, one of the sites used for downloading the offline updates is http://whi5t1er.wordpress.com/

just check the date for the latest update file.

Hope this serves your need.
dude_xyx
Hmm I thought NOD32 don't release offline updates. Thanks for the site. It's interesting.
granvals
This is the best I am using anti-virus software.I love it because when it working I will going to my work,so i chices it. You will use the site http://www.goodmima.cn/nod32mianfeijihuoma.html
menino
the site I posted is unofficial, and not from eset nod32.... If Eset do find out about it, they will try to close it down.

I think that today, most PC's on the internet have to have an antivirus, but offline PC's without internet, may not need to have an antivirus, unless they use usb or external media which have been use outside on other PC's.
This will ensure protection of the PC, and it is better to be safe than sorry.
dude_xyx
I was pretty sure it was not given by Nod32. Problem is this kind of updates can contain virus it self if providers intentions are not good. I think these days only AVG provide update patch which you can download and install.
Fire Boar
The reason why anti-virus software requires an internet connection is that it's all but useless without one. If the computer doesn't have an internet connection then any virus on it is useless. Plus, with no internet connection there are only two ways left for a virus to get in: as a trojan or autorun.

My recommendation: remove NOD32 entirely and just disable autorun, and don't install stuff without checking if it's any good or not. You're wasting money by having commercial AV software on a computer with no internet connection.
Segun3d
menino wrote:
I also sometimes need to use offline nod32 updates on a remote PC, which did not have internet, but recently removed the antivirus, as it slowed down the system, since it is old.

In any case, one of the sites used for downloading the offline updates is http://whi5t1er.wordpress.com/

just check the date for the latest update file.

Hope this serves your need.

Dude, this is really something. I've been using eset for 4years and counting but i knew there was anything like offline update this is tight. Thanks mehn.
sudipbanerjee
http://whi5t1er.wordpress.com/

I have checked the site. But this is not working properly.
menino
sudipbanerjee wrote:
http://whi5t1er.wordpress.com/

I have checked the site. But this is not working properly.

I checked the site right now, and it is working... ie. it is opening the page.

Could you specify what exactly is not working?

Perhaps you can use another browser? Question
driftingfe3s
Yes, this is not an official site. Looks like you would be able to update your NOD32 without a username and password, e.g. you license or trial has expired, using this site.

I don't really see the point otherwise for offline updates and for a PC that isn't connected to the internet, antivirus isn't very important in my opinion.
mukesh
Hi sudipbanerjee

Your antivirus NOD32 is free?

If your free antivirus then you should to download a new NOD32 file that is good solution.
FunDa
Even if your computer is offline, it is important to have the antivirus updated. Because a lot of viruses come through pen drives and other USB storage devices.

Some antivirus like AVG allow you to download the latest updates on another computer and install it in the required computer.
But NOD32 does not officialy allow that.

But one of my old friends used to do that, but not from the official site. He got the updates files, edited some registry settings and copied the new files into some specific folder.

I don't remember what exactly, so sorry i cannot be more helpful. It is possible, but not easy. and not officially allowed.
portoskt
you should change antivirus programm, you can find a lot of good antivirus programms on the web for free, dont loose your time with cracked one