FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Social Network

PureReborn
I went to see this movie (AKA the facebook movie) last night with my roommmates. We were all surprised at how good the movie is given the plot and subject. It's also a pretty nerdy movie at the start (Wget, perl scripts, apache servers etc), but being a bunch of Computer Sci majors we enjoyed it.

Anyone else seen the movie yet and what did you think?

Personally I feel it ends rather abruptly, but the story of facebook doesn't have an ending yet so it matches real life pretty well.
loyal
So is it worth me going to see? I don't often go to watch movies, so I only wanna watch really good movies.

Peace.
menino
I heard it was really good, and found out after the movie, from interviews with people on the telly, that Zuckerberg wasn't really the co-founder of facebook.
It was some other guys, including one Indian guy, who has his own company now, and Zuckerberg was just brought in to finish some code, which he stalled, and after a while, he got it from them somehow.
Anyways, I can't wait to watch it. It looks interesting.
LostOverThere
I'm going to see it on the 25th October, when it's released in Australia.

I don't really like David Fincher, but the film does have 95% on Metacritic.
recked
I'ts an awesome movie no doubt about that. I love the plot, the storyline, the characters (well except Justin Timberlake) kinda thru me off lol. Was the creator of napster really apart of the creation of facebook?
Insanity
The trailers looked interestng enough, and it'll be fun to watch how Facebook got started, although that depends on how accurate the movie is.
parcinfo
justin yeah!
snowboardalliance
Nice to see a good movie about a tech start up that gets played in the theaters. The only other one I've seen like it was Pirates of Silicon Valley (about Gates and Jobs) and we watched that in a class. I think that was just a made for TV movie.
silverdown
I seen someone on Youtube mention it but haven't seen it. I might watch it, who knows im more of a gamer.
eday2010
loyal wrote:
So is it worth me going to see? I don't often go to watch movies, so I only wanna watch really good movies.

Well, it's a movie about Facebook. That alone should tell you it is not worth seeing. It's Facebook. Who cares?
ankur209
Yep,the movie was damn good...
I really appreciate this work of David to produce,direct such a good movie on 'facebook'.
Well,after seeing this flick i'm now clear with all those cases related to Zuckerberg. Razz

But i think he should have expand the movie and focus more on the programming language he used and all rather than showing those scenes in which Zuckerberg was being accused.... Crying or Very sad

Overall the movie was damn good.... Wink
soljarag
i thought the movie was really good. It was like no other movie i have ever seen, so that was refreshing.... NO doubt 80% of the storyline was made up.... However i would totally reccomend watching it
soljarag
ankur209 wrote:
Yep,the movie was damn good...
I really appreciate this work of David to produce,direct such a good movie on 'facebook'.
Well,after seeing this flick i'm now clear with all those cases related to Zuckerberg. Razz

But i think he should have expand the movie and focus more on the programming language he used and all rather than showing those scenes in which Zuckerberg was being accused.... Crying or Very sad

Overall the movie was damn good.... Wink

HaHa, I don't think most people would care about the programming language he used Smile

That would be more for a documentary, ratherthan a hollywood movie
ato784
I'm on the fence about going to see the movie, on one hand it seems interesting, but at the same time it seems like it might be just a bunch of drama. not to mention that Critic's do not always rate correctly, and I find that I have been steered wrong, despite the praises a movie may get.
Abhishukla
i am really surprised by the fact that Zuckerberg is not the real founder or we can say owner of the world's biggest social networking site FACEBOOK.
i have not seen this movie yet, but i will watch it for sure,
people are concerned more on the fact which they see.
loyal
eday2010 wrote:
loyal wrote:

Well, it's a movie about Facebook. That alone should tell you it is not worth seeing. It's Facebook. Who cares?

haha. nicely put.
Radar
I've heard people raving about this movie, saying it's good, saying it's bad, saying it's useless.

At any rate, everyone seems to be aware of it. Whether or not people like it, it's certainly convincing enough just from it's premise to have people going to see it.
rocking
A great movie.
Don`t have any special effects but the plot is the great.
And the fact that the movie kind of tell a true story makes it special and very shocking.
I recommend everyone to watch it on DVD.
recked
Hahah why would it need special effects? I loved the movie overall. It was sad to see Mark turn his back on his bestfriend. I kinda liked their relationship.
rogue_skydragon
I really enjoyed this movie. Initially I thought it would be a farce, with Justin Timberlake playing Napster founder Sean Parker. But in the end, the film did what a film is supposed to do...entertain!
paolord
I really liked the movie. It kinda inspired me a little. That's why I found frihost. I might make my own cool website.
rayxzero
Cool movie, if you are a programmer you can understand some part of the movie well.
otalp
Definetly worht watching movies, Even if u dont have account on facebook or dont have any interest in facebook, u have to watch it just in order to withness great film
joostvane
Good movie imo. Worth watching. A good and interesting plot.

rayxzero wrote:
Cool movie, if you are a programmer you can understand some part of the movie well.

That's also true, some parts of the movie they talk about some tech stuff, but it only lasts a minute and it doesn't really mather for the plot, but it's cool to understand it.[/quote]
pll
Yeah the movie is really great for someone who has basic knowledge in computers and computers history. But GOD I went to see this movie for the first time with a girl, and believe me the girl found it nerdy!!

So : DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE IF YOU ARE WITH YOUR FUTURE GIRLFRIEND ! Cool
It's not a good movie choice if you think to go out with a girl
Flakky
. I
Quote:
t's also a pretty nerdy movie at the start (Wget, perl scripts, apache servers etc), but being a bunch of Computer Sci majors we enjoyed it.
Much better than those high budget movies which use technical terms which make no sense Smile

I really liked this movie. Very surprising and inspiring Smile
Abhishukla
social network or we can say Facebook, movie was really very awesome movie. I enjoyed each and every part of it. If any of you guys have not watched this movie, then i personally recommend you to do so,
dodymike
movie is great i love it
a1webshopping
I thought the movie kinda sucked myself.
Insanity
I thought it was a great movie. It's amazing how they managed to make a movie so entertaining when a lot of it revolves a computer based plot. It's hard to make website creation exciting when it is really just typing code on a computer. But they managed to make the most of the drama that occured, and I think that's where they shined.

I think it was a good representation of how websites are born, with a lot of investment and some good ideas. However, I don't think that it was very historically accurate. I think that there wasn't that much actual drama in the real life version of the movie. I liked how I could identify and care for the characters.
TurtleShell
I'm a little annoyed with the way facebook is taking over the planet and I'm kind of hesitant to see a movie ABOUT facebook. This may just be neurotic on my part, I'm not sure.
menino
I had kept "Social Network" on my list for a long time and kept putting it off, untill last week, when I saw it.

It was actually a good movie to watch, including all the jargons and technical terms.
Some of the characters were played really well.

And the way facebook actually came out is a good story altogether.

But yeah... facebook is a good way to waste time, and still another way to find new friends and wish people online.
LostOverThere
TurtleShell wrote:
I'm a little annoyed with the way facebook is taking over the planet and I'm kind of hesitant to see a movie ABOUT facebook. This may just be neurotic on my part, I'm not sure.

Well, it's not about Facebook anyway. The movie could have been about the advent of television, radio, the motion picture camera or the lightbulb and it wouldn't have needed to be much different. Facebook is simply a plot device.

It's all about the creation, betrayal, loyalty, and a bunch of other universal themes. Mark Zuckerberg is truly the modern day Charles Foster Kane.
captainsuperdude
revolver entertainment in the uk is releasing a parody of the social network called chatroomfilm.

it ain't about no chatroom I ever been to, though, it ain't no disgusting secretive subplot about it, no way, know how.