FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

VPN Program

jilbs
Hi! I would like to know if there's someone where who tried installing his own VPN server at home on a windows. I've tried hamachi but it is not as good as i expected. i guess im just looking for a software that i can install and configure to act like vpn server and or client on the other end.

I will use it for LAN Gaming. I've tried tunggler but um. it is quite slow. I hope you guys has an idea bout this.

thanks.
welshsteve
What issues did you find with Hamachi? I assume this is a Windows based network? I have used Hamachi before and once configured, it's pretty stable.

You could try Comodo's Easy-VPN. I've never used it, but Comodo products are pretty good and reliable. here's the link.

http://www.comodo.com/e-commerce/email-security/vpn-client.php
jilbs
Hamachi is good. although its quite slow considering my connection. Thanks for the link. ill give it a try. Smile
welshsteve
jilbs wrote:
Hamachi is good. although its quite slow considering my connection. Thanks for the link. ill give it a try. Smile

No probs, and good luck. There is another program I came accross but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. If I find it, I'll let you know.
menino
hamachi is good, but it will be slow in arab countries, especially Saudi Arabia, where the internet is monitored and filtered and goes through a proxy server.

But based on the games that you want to play, they usually come with a built in server for gaming, so that you do not have to play them remotely. Confused
jilbs
@welshsteve,
Comodo VPN din't work for me. Somehow i got stuck with the creating an account portion and it seems like its taking forever. I hope you remember the other one you are telling. anyhow, thanks again for responding.

@menino,
yeah I agree, but if there's a way for me to setup a peer to peer vpn within the same Internet service provider, I think its gonna be faster. as for the gaming, yeah it has LAN capability. The only reason why i like to setup a personal VPN is because we want to play Warcraft III Dota.
SultanMA
The best VPN i have ever try is: usaip.eu

go there and u will find a free one. give it a try and u will signup! Smile
portoskt
this last one is very good, but i stay with hamachi... its good, but its getting even better when you buy pro licence... great software
LegendVPN
jilbs wrote:
Hi! I would like to know if there's someone where who tried installing his own VPN server at home on a windows. I've tried hamachi but it is not as good as i expected. i guess im just looking for a software that i can install and configure to act like vpn server and or client on the other end.

I will use it for LAN Gaming. I've tried tunggler but um. it is quite slow. I hope you guys has an idea bout this.

thanks.

You can try LegendVPN... https://www.legendvpn.com/
It's easy to use. Wink
dude_xyx
Does Teamweaver counts as a VPN program too ? It works great when i want troubleshoot my friends computers.
ahmedakter
I am using Hamachi more than three years and still i think that hamachi is on of the best VPN software in the world. Make hamachi as your main network adapter and i hope it will work fine ...
simonwhite
You can try http://www.purevpn.com/ to fulfil your need. They really provide brilliant services with a minimum cost.