FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 Players, More than just an Ipod.

yule
What sort of MP3 players do you guys have? I just finished writing an essay on them for economics so why not talk about em? Seem as good a topic as any and if some people are looking for one I can givermy personal non iPod recomendations.
GamingParadise
Look, they Ipod has like 20 GB Space, but like a MP3 player 512 MB / 1 GB.

The IPod has alot more functions, but is bigger.

So if you don't mind wearing abig music thing with you, choose the I-Pod.

But i can't get a 20 GB full with music, so if u are doing like a ICT Study , 20 GB is still alot.

So i think i'll choose the MP3 Player, Small,Compact and i can't even get 1 GB Full.
dan751
I have a BenQ Joybee 125 MP3 player, it has a storage capacity of 256MB. I soon plan to get the Ipod Nano though.
Hoogeveense RAT
I have the Packard Bell Audio Key 256 MB FM. It's good MP3 Player and 256 MB is not a lot, but's for me it's enough.
BioHaZaRD
I have the Color 20GB iPod and I love it. I really like it because there are so many accessories and other stuff that normal MP3 players don't have. I also find the spin dial thing very easy to use.

By the way, have you guys seen that iPod Nano? That thing is awesome. It's so small, if you've only seen the commercials go to Best Buy or something and see the actual size for yourself. I find it amazing that you can fit 1,000 songs on something so small.
nakamaru
People just get ipods because that's what everyone else has even though Ipods are very lacking in features and in cases such as the nano, has defects. I have a 20GB iriver H10. Photos, sound recorded, better automatic song sorting than the ipod,better sound in my opinion than the ipod..the list goes on and on. Wake up people and think for yourselves rather than following this sad trend.
Philip
dan751 wrote:
I have a BenQ Joybee 125 MP3 player, it has a storage capacity of 256MB. I soon plan to get the Ipod Nano though.

i think MP3 Flash is cheaper and smaller than a IPOD,
but IPOD have many features that support playback and tracking MP3, Wink
joshua_erceg
I have a D'Snap Audio (well, technically I don't - but I have one on layby for my birthday Very Happy).
They have like 1GB on them - way more than I would ever use...
They are from panasonic & there are 2 models - both are tiny & one of them (the 1GB one) supports SD cards.
There are stereos out now which have a little slot SD memory cards - so you can take your SD card out of your D'snap & put it in your CD Player!!!
They are endorsed in Japan by J-pop Queen, Ayumi Hamasaki (not that my being a fan of her would neccasserily make me choose a D'snap over, say a Ipod).
D'snap audios are new - there are other D'snaps - ones which carry mp3's but can also shoot 640x480 30fps video!!!
Anyway D'snap Audios are better than Ipods
GamingParadise
joshua_erceg wrote:
I have a D'Snap Audio (well, technically I don't - but I have one on layby for my birthday Very Happy).
They have like 1GB on them - way more than I would ever use...
They are from panasonic & there are 2 models - both are tiny & one of them (the 1GB one) supports SD cards.
There are stereos out now which have a little slot SD memory cards - so you can take your SD card out of your D'snap & put it in your CD Player!!!
They are endorsed in Japan by J-pop Queen, Ayumi Hamasaki (not that my being a fan of her would neccasserily make me choose a D'snap over, say a Ipod).
D'snap audios are new - there are other D'snaps - ones which carry mp3's but can also shoot 640x480 30fps video!!!
Anyway D'snap Audios are better than Ipods

Lol SD Memory Cards, Nice on ur MP3, its cool u can just put in ur CD Player (Which supports SD Memory Cards then Razz)
marocsite
I like the MP3 with 1 GB because its small and easy to use, and if 1 GB is full, its hard to search a song u like.

And if u have 20 GB on ur I-Pod u have to search for like 5 hours before u can find ur fav. song Razz
nickhaw
Creative zen touch 20gb here Very Happy
ddukki
nickhaw wrote:
Creative zen touch 20gb here Very Happy

This is a really good choice! My friend has one of these and it has pretty much all the functions of an iPod, minus the gaming option. Pretty cool, I think. And I hear it's really cheap, compared to the iPod, too!
Eyre
i just got an ipod 30 gig, color, and holds photos. for me it works, because music is a big part of my life, and i have LOADS, it's amazing, it pretty much sticks to me where ever i go.
snowboardalliance
I have an iRiver 256MB now

If I want to upgrade to a Hard Drive one (with like 20GB) is the Creative Touch a good choice? Any other suggestions?
thekman82
Im a bit of a noob when it comes to the Ipod but im intersted in getting one the only thing that is putting me off that everyone is going on about is Itunes. Apparently you have to change your mp3's to Itunes. Is that right? if so how difficult is it?
S3nd K3ys
I have an Ipod, an Ipac and my Sony Erricson phone plays MP3's. (I can also make/use my own MP3's as ring-tones.) Very Happy

Current ring tone: Disturbed.
uknowgary
I dont any MP3 player. I hate buying music online because you dont really own your music. When you wipe your harddrive, OS, You have to pay again. That's what I did with walmart.
My signature: what I post reflect my thinking and knowledge. Sometimes, it may be wrong. So I am not responsible for what I posted. If my thinking is correct and it benefits you. Just PM me to thank me. My website is www.msu.edu/~avss. Feel free to visit my organization. These is no limit for the bandwidth for my website. You can visit it at anytime. But please dont hack it coz I'll kill you. (I just got my black belt in karate last week).
wanroij
I have a 1 GB Lifetec mp3 player. I had it for 3 weeks and it doesn't work anymore. I have to send it back but I didn't have the time for it. Confused

I have 3 years of guarantee with it. Exclamation
The Profile
I have an ALBA 128mb MP3 Player! It does the job really but i am currently deciding on a new MP3 player to buy though!

I am planning on getting one which photos are viewable on.
I worked out the 2gb Nano is 60 per GB and the 60GB iPod Photo was roughly 5 per GB, i think i might get the latter! Very Happy
lovect
oh i got an ipod nano. i LOVE IT =] you should all get it =D. i've got the 2gb its plenty of space for me =) its really tiny to so its go when i go out because i dont really like to carry bags. i fits in my pockets =]

but then its so scratched now. i wish that when i bought it, i bought a case as well >_>"

and when i bought it. i got it discounted because i bought a playstation 2 aswell. if you live in like sydney. you should go to jvc i THINK thats what its called its the store thats main colors are like yellow and black. you can find it in most westfields =]
AtyPics
I've got the Ipod 10Go, the third generation. I'm a bit despointed because the battery was dead after 1.5 year! I must change it now, but in the other hand I find the apple player really handsome... Smile
tim_s
My wife has a pink ipod mini which she loves, unfortunately the batteries only last about 4 hours. I want to get one of the little tiny Sony ones - apparently they have a 50 hour battery life.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=NWE507&Dept=audio&CategoryName=audio_mp3players_capacity_1gb

Has anyone tried it? How long does the battery really last?
vedet
I've had Creative - 5gb Zen Micro almost a year Smile i like this mp3 player really much, i've had no problems with it and so on.. I think 5Gb is just as much i need, if there was more room for music i wouldn't know what to listen Very Happy too much songs to choose from!
Insanity
I own a 40GB Creative Zen Xtra and man is it huge when compared to the Nano or Mini. I was lured by its gigantic capacity, but seriously, who here has actually managed to fill up their 20GB iPod yet?
grnsmilie
I just got a Creative Zen Micro Plus. 1GB storage capacity.

I love it.

Just big enough to carry around a good selection of albums, it can tune in to radio stations and then record from them (great for catchin snippets of unknown songs for later lyric googling), I can use it to record audio notes or capture from line in...

About the only problem with it is that it's tiny. I'm constantly afraid I'm going to lose it.
a.Bird
iPods are horrible. if they'd stop making the damn things so flashy and appealing, and stopped paying celebrities to do commercials just as flashy and appealing, sales would go down and the trend would end at a screeching halt. their hardware is shitty shitcake. battery life is laughable. price of iPod accessories is outrageous. firmware stability is unreliable. overall price for the amount of iPod features compared to less advertised brands is horrendous. you might as well pay the same price for an iAudio that gives you countless features and no bullshit. ****** steve jobbs, i'd shit on him if i had the chance.
Srs2388
I really like ipods there small (the ipod nano) the color screen is nice..... they work really well, they have great space on them.... im getting one soon i have been using my cousins so i would know i like it when I buy it Smile
Tomppe
The good thing in ipod is the memory space.. But i don't like the size and everything else in the ipod.
Iv'e got an Creative Zen nano plus with 256mb.. And i like the size and the sound.. But the radio dosen't work so god if the player is in the pocket but on the taple it works quite good... The memory is quite good for me because i don't listen to many different songs.. I change, change and change my mind ;O
IceCameron
nakamaru wrote:
People just get ipods because that's what everyone else has even though Ipods are very lacking in features and in cases such as the nano, has defects.

I totally agree and i am not ashamed that i did it just because it was cool.
Right now tho i need moooore space i have way more music than my 4g mini can handle.
JoeCool
Ipod suck!... just kidding, I just said that to follow up all the Ipod talk. They are poor in quality compared to some others. Still cool... I guess, if you have the money to waste, that is. Wait... i mean money to spend.. lol.. What ever floats your boat... or sinks it!.....
JoeCool
Shrapnel
I think the Ipod is a pain interms of the software itunes is such a pain. i do admit that the scroll wheel does help. But the iaudio distroys an ipod any day. i just can't stand how everyone buys ipods when there are many other better quality products out there.
Blaster
Ipods are too overrated

They don't have the radio.

A 2gb nano cost like 200 dollars

But a 4 GB nano cost like 230 dollars

Who the hell has 60 GBS of music that you had to make an Ipod that would hold it

Ipod videos cost a lot why not just get a psp and be able to do even more

But I like my Creative Zen Micro that is a 6 GBS and I have like 3 GBS on it.
Scott
I got a samsung 5 Gig mp3 palyer, it was great for awhile, but it broke, so the sent me a new one, and now that broke, and I'm getting another new one. I wouldn't recommend it.
ddukki
I have a 1GB iriver T10 mp3 player. It has a full color interface and it support the direct-sync with the Windows Media Player. It even has a clock on it! Too bad there's no alarm, though. Laughing
nakamaru
I used to be the biggest basher of IPOD and an avid supporter of the Iriver H10 because it was plain and simply better. Both better looking and easier to use. When IPOD came out with the 30GB IPOD video it was exactly what I wanted. I didn't give a shit about other MP3 players because the video is really nice and high quality. After just taking my IPOD out of the box I instantly realized that it's about 2/3 thinner than the IRIVER and looks better. It automatically updates for me with no effort and I can enjoy a new video podcast every day. IPOD video highly recogmended. The nano is total shit though.
bigdan
I have a SanDisk 1GB Digital Audio Player, and I have it about half filled with songs in 64kbps WMA format. It can hold around 32 hours/480 songs in that format.

I used to use a cheapo brand 256meg player. It holds around 100 songs in WMA format as well. I'm still holding onto it, possibly for my collection of Air Farce and or Rodney Rude albums! Razz

I'm not one for falling into brands, so I'm avoiding iPods at all costs! Very Happy
marquis51
Im owning what i consider the best for now, The Istation I2 !
It is made in south korea and is pretty hard to find, but believe me if you find it it is worth considering it as a serious competitor to anything else.

Here for the biggest site (none official)
http://www.istationhq.com/portal.php?topic_id=45

Here is the official site:
http://www.digital-cube.co.kr/

Here is a review in english:
http://joel.burslem.ca/istation-i2-review/

If you are interested in it, The only shop I found for europe is the following:
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=799

For me the shopping experience by this shop was great, great service, fast answer and respect of the delivery time. No bad surprise.

Well hope I gave a good idea to many of you Smile
phathugo2467
I have a Creative Zen Micro, the four gigabyte model. I like the zen very much. It is cheaper than the Ipod Mini and it is also smaller. I like how it fits in the palm of my hand. The Ipod is just to big and bulky. Also, many of the accesories for the creative zen micro are cheaper than accesories made for the Ipod. Plus, I hate Apple and their Macintosh computers. I highly recomend the creative zen micro.
Jeslyn
I have an iRiver, and it's quality, in my opinion - especially in the sound department is much better than iPod.
failed14
I've got an iriver H340 40 gigger. I've updated the firmware to the European version this way i can play converted .avi's on that bad boy. It's been treating me good. A little bulky but def. strong. I've had an iPod before and did not think to get another one. I have about 4,000 mp3s, whole bunch of recordings right off the built in mic., a whole bunch of movies and videos, couple of photos, and of course i use it for extra storage. It works great to move files from one computer to another. Just gotta plug it in and the computer reads it as an external hard drive. The great thing about this is that I can make a custom layout or upload a premade one. I can even buy an 80 gig hard drive if I wanted to and install it into the mp3 player myself! It has a built in FM tuner with presets and it can record directly from the radio or can record from an inputted source. Now thats what I call an mp3 player!
b17
I have an iPod nano 4 GB.It's full of songs so it has no empty space.I'm really satisfied with its technical qualities. Its sound quality is quite high.
Keshav
I have a 1GB MP3/FM/Voice Recorder. Its really good. But the only feature that it doesnt have is that, I cannot skip parts of a song. There is only album skipping and song skipping provided.
Wanderer
i have a mobiblu dah-1500i. it has 1gb, mp3 and wma support, fm radio (hard to get a good signal), and voice recorder. its in the shape of a 1in x 1in x 1in cube. its pretty good but the screen is small and takes awhile to find some music. depends on how you organize it.

it has a necklace style earphones. i have been stopped at school several times because people wanted to know why i was wearing a cube around my neck.

i like it because its more origional than the ipod everyone has. its one of the smallest mp3 players out there
ntothes
why do so many people say that ipods are horrible. what about them is horrible. I have over 3,000 songs on mine, and i can get to any song i want within like 15s. Plus it automatically organizes it for you, and the interface is really simple. Instead of just saying, "Ipod sucks, people get it just cause everyone else does," tell me why it sucks. Do you think it sucks JUST because its popular? have you ever seen one or used one? and it sucks compared to what? what other media player is SO much better than ipod?
Timoses
I don't think Ipod is bad. It's pretty cool I think.

But what I wanted to get was a Sony W-800i. It's a cell phone with a mp3 player in it. I didn't buy it because I'm lackin the money. And I don't really know if I need it. How much is an Ipod btw.. have to look that up now hehe.
Well, I'll read myself through this thread and will see if I find a better
mp3 player than the ipod one..