FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anybody here get Free Domain using coins?

k_s_baskar
Hi all,
Frihost recently announced that they are giving free domains for collection coins. Does anybody here collected coins to get free domain?
truespeed
Nobody has reached the 350 minimum requirement yet.
Bluedoll
Deanhills is an excellent member, has made quality posts and getting very close to being awarded.
k_s_baskar
Bluedoll wrote:
Deanhills is an excellent member, has made quality posts and getting very close to being awarded.

Wow. can we expect DEANHILLS will get his domain within few days?
goutha
I still have 0 coins. I've been away the last two months and didn't posted alot. I was not aware about this new offer with frihost. I'm gonna check the information.
Bluedoll
k_s_baskar wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:

I wish that were true but Deanhills has taken a leave of absence. Sad
However, if I can find interesting topics to post to or suggest some, I may get into that ballpark who knows! If I do, I want to run a contest and give the domain away, how that will be done I am not quite sure yet but I think it can be managed somehow. Smile
Nameless
1.71 coins FTW. I'm almost there! Laughing

'ts cool though, I bought myself three years of domain name a while ago - it's not that expensive.
c'tair
It's a cool feature. I have a few plans that I might put into motion once I get a domain name, but it's still quite some time away.
ocalhoun
My most important domain will probably run out soon... Hopefully I can earn a free one by then.
standready
I am working on shooting for before the end of the year or mid January even though my renewal is not until mid-March. One never knows with holiday coming up.
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
Embarassed I guess this is in the eye of the beholder, but much appreciated, thanks.
k_s_baskar wrote:
Bondings indicated in his Blog that it will take a while yet for the domain project to be implemented. I am happy with the coins and proud of them, but my real goal is for Frihost to reach 1-million postings. The coins are a nice reward for the effort to work towards that goal. Once Bondings starts with activating the project I am almost certain many other members will be cashing in their coins for domains long before I do. Bondings says we may be able to run competitions with our coins as well. I'm thinking of running a competition so that I can get people to do more postings, not quite sure how to do that, but will work on that as soon as the coins project has been activated ....
goutha
This is a great idea. I hope that it will increase quality posts and participation of new members.
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
Bondings indicated in his Blog that it will take a while yet for the domain project to be implemented. ..

From reading the blog post Dean there is nothing in there that says the domain project is yet to be implemented,just the opposite,anyone who succeeds in getting 350 coins can request a domain,though it doesn't give any details on making a domain request once you have the required amount of coins.
rjraaz
no one can collect 350 coins so much early.

it just few months they announced that.
truespeed
rjraaz wrote:

It was 1 month ago,Sept 17th to be precise.

Its not that difficult,Dean is a prolific poster,there are a couple of others who aren't far off the target of 350 as well.
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
Embarassed I guess this is in the eye of the beholder, but much appreciated, thanks.
k_s_baskar wrote:
Bondings indicated in his Blog that it will take a while yet for the domain project to be implemented. I am happy with the coins and proud of them, but my real goal is for Frihost to reach 1-million postings. The coins are a nice reward for the effort to work towards that goal. Once Bondings starts with activating the project I am almost certain many other members will be cashing in their coins for domains long before I do. Bondings says we may be able to run competitions with our coins as well. I'm thinking of running a competition so that I can get people to do more postings, not quite sure how to do that, but will work on that as soon as the coins project has been activated ....

If you go into your account page, there is a link to exchange your coins for a free domain.
rjraaz
truespeed wrote:
rjraaz wrote:

It was 1 month ago,Sept 17th to be precise.

Its not that difficult,Dean is a prolific poster,there are a couple of others who aren't far off the target of 350 as well.

OH REALLY PLEASE TELL ME THERE PROFILE LINK. I WANT TO READ THERE POST.

and thanks to tell us about exact date for announcement.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
If you go into your account page, there is a link to exchange your coins for a free domain.
Amazing! Thanks for the info Ghost Rider, I was unaware that it has been activated already. I was waiting for some or other official announcement to come from Bondings, but it is great to hear from you. I should go look at my Account Page more often Smile

Just noticed some other new goodies in my Account Page that I had not noticed before. Great stuff! Someone must have done some hard work to get it like that. Much appreciated.
spring567
My Coins: 0.00 . It is too hard to get free domain.
I think it is easier to get free domain tk or ru than fri. Very Happy Very Happy
standready
spring567 wrote:

Hmmm, self-edited. Just takes a little effort.

Thanks Ghost Rider for the heads up.
Bluedoll
standready wrote:
spring567 wrote:

Hmmm, self-edited. Just takes a little effort.

Thanks Ghost Rider for the heads up.

I like hard besides easy is just not me. Posting is something I want to do anyway. So it is actually a bonus and as previous said my plans are to give mine away, in a contest perhaps, still working that one out but sure why not. Smile
Ghost Rider103
As stated by Bondings, exchange of coins amongst members is unlikely.

But you may possibly be able to give your domain away. I'm not 100% sure on how the domain registration will be processed. I know a possible option was that Bondings will give you kind of like a gift card (probably a number or something) for a 1 year registration with GoDaddy. Though that was for the competitions. Not sure if it's the same process with the coins system but I'd assume so.
Bluedoll
Thank you Ghost Rider103 for that, yes gift card would work, I'm excited to here more about what the competitions are about too. It all takes time of course but something to look forward to. I find it kind of cute too just to see the numbers changing sort of like a kilo-meter in a car keeping track of the distance we just traveled.
Bondings
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
As stated by Bondings, exchange of coins amongst members is unlikely.

Actually, the exchange of frih$ for coins is very unlikely. However, trading with coins (like for signatures and all the other things in the marketplace) is something I'm thinking of allowing.
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
But you may possibly be able to give your domain away. I'm not 100% sure on how the domain registration will be processed. I know a possible option was that Bondings will give you kind of like a gift card (probably a number or something) for a 1 year registration with GoDaddy. Though that was for the competitions. Not sure if it's the same process with the coins system but I'd assume so.

Yes the gift card will also be used for the coins option too. It will be exactly the same as for the competitions, just that if you win a free domain with a competition, you of course won't have to pay 350 coins for it. Wink

@Bluedoll, the first competitions will be called 'essay competitions' (others still need to be coded). You will need to choose a topic and write a detailed post about it. The best one will one. At first I'll decide which one is the best, afterwards I might make a whole voting system for it. After the competition, the entries are placed as normal topics in the forums and can be discussed as normal topics.

As for when they are coming, I hope pretty soon. I still need to code a few more details that will barely be noticed but are needed for everything to function.
Ghost900
I am looking forward to the competitions as my chances of getting 350 points is low, just trying to stay above the 0.00 mark at the moment. With college I just don't think about it to often nowadays.

As for deanhills, congrats on being the first or one of the first to reach the 350 coins.
ocalhoun
Ghost900 wrote:

As for deanhills, congrats on being the first or one of the first to reach the 350 coins.

If I remember correctly, some of the non-hosted members had more than that on the first day, as all their excess points got converted to coins.
Blaster
ocalhoun wrote:
Ghost900 wrote:

If I remember correctly, some of the non-hosted members had more than that on the first day, as all their excess points got converted to coins.

The top i think was hobopelican and he didnt' get more then 100 and some i believe. I could be wrong

Also on a side note Dean has made it to over the required amount. Congrats Dean!!!
k_s_baskar
Congrats Deanhills.
deanhills
Thanks very much Embarassed ! Although I see quite a number of other Frihosters catching up fast. Would be interesting to see whether it is having an effect on the number of postings.
Ghost Rider103
Well so far we've been improving our overall monthly postings since before we had the coins.

Hopefully we can get up into the 10k posts a month range, I'd really like to see that happen. Then that would mean we have around half a year before we reach the 1million mark (which I'd really like to see!).

And yes, Deanhills was the first. The others that had all of their points transferred into coins never reached 350. The highest I believe was 191.xx coins. Congrats, dean!
standready
Congratulations deanhills! I will get there sometime.