FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Beautiful women can be bad for your health, according to sci

spring567
Quote:
Meeting a beautiful woman can be bad for your health, scientists have found.

The effects are heightened in men who believe that the woman in question is "out of their league".

Cortisol is produced by the body under physical or psychological stress and has been linked to heart disease.

Researchers tested 84 male students by asking each one to sit in a room and solve a Sudoku puzzle. Two strangers, one male and one female, were also in the room.

When the female stranger left the room and the two men remained sitting together, the volunteer's stress levels did not rise. However, when the volunteer was left alone with the female stranger, his cortisol levels rose.

The researchers concluded: "In this study we considered that for most men the presence of an attractive woman may induce the perception that there is an opportunity for courtship.

"While some men might avoid attractive women since they think they are 'out of their league', the majority would respond with apprehension and a concurrent hormonal response.

"This study showed that male cortisol levels increased after exposure to a five-minute short social contact with a young, attractive woman."

Cortisol can have a positive effect in small doses, improving alertness and well-being. However, chronically elevated cortisol levels can worsen medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and impotency.

You can read more by http://www.2reading.com/portal.php?mod=view&aid=111
Flakky
Cool story Smile When I clicked on the link why do I see a girl who looks like she is 15 and obviously not meant for procreation? The probable reason why men are attracted to girls.

PS: Picture is not property of 2reading.com Wink
Bluedoll
While I’ve heard some men claim that if they had to go they would prefer to die with a big smile on their face, do suspect that the main worry might be “will I need to do jail time, or will my wife slice and dice me for this?”
On a more serious note, I think the research should look at the main reason for this kind of stress for men. Need of better pick up lines!

Laughing
Flakky
I read an article about a few few days ago that proved that staring at breasts lengthens life's duration. They did leave out the emotional aspect so that's not completely fair.