FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Remove the introduction section

speeDemon
I just don't see the reason for having it in the first place.
I don't see how saying "Hi, my name is xyz and I'm from pqr" really does anything. If a person has any problems/queries with the forums or hosting, he/she always has the support and other sections to post in, so the introduction should not be used for that purpose, right? So the only thing you do in the introduction section is what I stated above.
saratdear
I don't agree. The Introductions forum is a place for new users to familiarize themselves...you know, makes them feels welcome. Smile Also, they could ask minor doubts there (where any user could help them) instead of opening yet another thread on "what are points/frih/coins".

Also, since Bondings disabled earning points and frih$ in there, it doesn't hurt anyone.
Lady Elensar
In my opinion it's a polite manner to give new members a change for introducing themselves. It's not always been (in many cases) a prosperous way, when people got immediately to the point. Not it's that big important for Frihost, I guess, but it's still polite.
deanhills
Lady Elensar wrote:
In my opinion it's a polite manner to give new members a change for introducing themselves. It's not always been (in many cases) a prosperous way, when people got immediately to the point. Not it's that big important for Frihost, I guess, but it's still polite.
Probably the only place that will be polite, so from that point of view at least a good beginning for newbies. Always good to have an introduction forum, at least gives a modicum presentation of wanting new Frihosters to be welcome.
ocalhoun
Perhaps most importantly, it provides a playground in which newbies can make (and learn from) some of the common new-user mistakes... without having them spread all over the other forums.