FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there such a wsiwyg editor for sql

twocarlo
Is there such a wsiwyg editor for sql
careyd
for just writing sql code, or are you talking about a specific database product? Access has stuff built in, I think SQL Server has one in it, either in enterprise manager of query analyser. Not sure about other database products, I normally just write it from scratch, sql isn't hard to learn at all. There's many tutorial's online and "The SQL Bible" is a pretty good book.
reshi
There are a few, but I normally just program a quick one in a programming language of choice - you can also use CSS layers to create a web version...
careyd
reshi wrote:
There are a few, but I normally just program a quick one in a programming language of choice - you can also use CSS layers to create a web version...

wtf...it seems to me that making a sql creator with CSS,( if it could be done, which I don't think it can as CSS is for presentation instead of programming) would be more hassle then worth

don't know though,..maybe
Rhysige
how the hell do you get a WYSIWYG editor for SQL? its a DATABASE! it doesnt display anything it simply stores data and retrieves data you cant use Raw SQL data for anything you have to use a programming language to display it.
dkill001
You can use access to develop a query and then view the query as the sql statement. Not sure if this will help you.
desertwind
May be phpMyAdmin will help you. Sorry if not. I didnt get your requirement completely.
kam311
MS Access has wizard which can help create DDL commands, but ERwin diagram editors, like the one CA makes can also generate DDL code when you create the diagram and relationships. No data manipulation commands, though.
headlong
Please describe your question more clearly. SQL is a powerful language to access database. If you know about relational database, you can use SQL very well. I can not see any good reason to develop a general WYSWYG tool for SQL. But it is always good to find some way to visualize your data.