FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Update home page - 250 to 500 MB

saratdear
Bondings started providing 500 MB to new users as well, right?

Here, Bondings wrote:
currently on Server 2/3 and on Server 4 (currently new accounts are created there) the disk quota is the double as stated on our home page (it is 500MB).

But for me the home page or the main forum page (when not logged in) isn't updated. Shouldn't it be done? 500 MB could attract quite a number of users, maybe. Smile
truespeed
It should,what also needs adding is free domains,the fact that he provides both free hosting and domains is surely unique,so that needs to be emphasised as well.
tingkagol
Now, I did not know space was increased from 250 to 300mb. That's pretty marvelous.
Bikerman
tingkagol wrote:
Now, I did not know space was increased from 250 to 300mb. That's pretty marvelous.

500MB even more spiffing
Bondings
I haven't added it yet because it is currently only on Server 2/3 and Server 4. VPS 1 doesn't have the increase yet and I'll only advertise it once I change it there.
saratdear
Bondings wrote:
I haven't added it yet because it is currently only on Server 2/3 and Server 4. VPS 1 doesn't have the increase yet and I'll only advertise it once I change it there.

You could add the stuff about free domains as well...that will get a flood of new users, hopefully. Smile
deanhills
Probably early times for the domains? Although we can earn coins, the free domain project has not been activated yet. I can see Bondings' point. But agreed that there is some re-vamping and "rejuvenation" needed. Smile
truespeed
Your only 2 coins away from a free domain Dean.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Thanks for picking up on it Truespeed, but that has never been the reason for my posts. I was thinking of the 1-million postings objective. However after today, may not be needing a domain at all. I get a feeling that I am the only person thinking 1-million postings when I post, so need to evaluate exactly why I am posting at Frihost.
Bluedoll
I have no idea why, maybe it was because someone labeled addictive poster or something but I have taken a big interest in Frihost. I think it is very cool that these insentives are here. It is nice to have a little goal to aim for but I am a firm believer in community. Without it, people drift in and out. The incentives are cool but 5oo M’s doesn’t equal one good person. Just stupid thoughts maybe? Sad
truespeed
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:
Thanks for picking up on it Truespeed, but that has never been the reason for my posts. I was thinking of the 1-million postings objective. However after today, may not be needing a domain at all. I get a feeling that I am the only person thinking 1-million postings when I post, so need to evaluate exactly why I am posting at Frihost.

I don't think many people are bothered about whether frihost reach 1 million posts or not,i go on a football forum that has over 2 million posts,probably gets more posts in a day than this forum gets in a month,so 1 million while a good landmark figure,isn't that high compared to a lot of forums across the net.

Surely that shouldn't be your motivation for posting here,you gain nothing from it,your motivation should be either because you enjoy the community,the banter,or because you want the free webspace/and or domain.
Bluedoll
truespeed wrote:
Surely that shouldn't be your motivation for posting here,you gain nothing from it,your motivation should be either because you enjoy the community,the banter,or because you want the free webspace/and or domain.
Thanks for posting that, you know it turned on a light for me! Appreciated. For me it could be community - there is one right? I am not sure about that but ok that is a plus for me. Being somewhat sarcastic perhaps in writing that but maybe it is a just a simple question too. I am not sure at times. The banter, what is banter, ok without knowing I will say, "nope". Yes to the free stuff, can always use free stuff. Smile
Flakky
I think the entire front page needs updated to look more professional and generally portraying the services as awesome as they are Very Happy
Arseniy
Damn, no 500 megabytes for me. But I've still got my pretty shiny cPanel although Smile
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:

I don't think many people are bothered about whether frihost reach 1 million posts or not,i go on a football forum that has over 2 million posts,probably gets more posts in a day than this forum gets in a month,so 1 million while a good landmark figure,isn't that high compared to a lot of forums across the net.

Perhaps you misunderstood truespeed. And that is my fault as I may have misrepresented my objective for posting. I have a goal of reaching 1-million postings. And on my way to that goal, I do like to post at Frihost. By now hopefully you may have registered that, if not, I would be very surprised. Why we are on the subject, what is your motivation for posting at Frihost?
truespeed
I come here out of habit from when i had to post for my hosting,i don't need the hosting now but i still visit,when i am on my own site posting content i browse a few different forums,occasionally posting.