FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats happening with our marketplace?

jossylala
I know of a time where when one make a post for a job to be done in our marketplace,such a person gets responds within minutes and hours but the situation now is totally different. I now takes days,weeks and even years for someone to get a marketplace response.Whats wrong?
Regards
jds10912
I just noticed this as well. I returned today after years(?) of inactivity, but now it seems very dead.
It's a shame, there used to be a lot of high quality services offered here but now it seems that theyve all died away.
I wonder if it is because of people losing interest in the website or because of people losing interest in the site's economy. With the coming of coins, it makes me view frih$ as soon to be worthless. Maybe I'm not understanding it well, but if frih$ go away, why would anyone want to accumulate more now?
truespeed
Frih have always been worthless,they never had any real value as they were never given a purpose,coins have a value and a purpose but can't be traded.
mahirh
truespeed wrote:
Frih have always been worthless,they never had any real value as they were never given a purpose,coins have a value and a purpose but can't be traded.

i oppose that , according to the big guys , they do the same thing but the difference is that coins are not rewarded on spot and according to them , you can trade them , but that feature was turned off by bondings for now and you can earn more coins than frihs if you can maintain the point level above 45 because the formula is
Code:
coins=points -45^0.6
like if you have 50 points , it would be subtracted from 45 and powered by 0.6 even if the points are reset every day , you could atleast make some use of the missing points
meanwhile the formula for frihs is
Code:
frihs=points
like the amount of points you get will be the equal of the amounts of points but the points system is reset every day
the only difference i can actually find were exchanging them for a domain and the increase in the payment rate and daily rewarding instead of on spot
jossylala wrote:
...... get a marketplace response.Whats wrong?
Regards

it is because , as i mentioned earlier , the coins you get are exchangeable but that feature is disabled and this is one of the key causes of the diminishing of the market place and the other reason is unfortunately the frih currency is about to be brought to an end by bonding because it is worthless once coins are introduced
truespeed
mahirh wrote:
truespeed wrote:

i oppose that , according to the big guys , they do the same thing but the difference is that coins are not rewarded on spot and according to them , you can trade them , but that feature was turned off by bondings for now and you can earn more coins than frihs if you can maintain the point level above 45 because the formula is
Code:
coins=points -45^0.6
meanwhile the formula for frihs is
Code:
frihs=points
the only difference i can actually find were exchanging them for a domain and the increase in the payment rate and daily rewarding instead of on spot

I am not sure what your opposing,frih have/had no value,you couldn't purchase anything with them,domains/bandwidth/webspace,the only thing you could do was ask people to do tasks for them in the marketplace or run contests in the contest forum,either way the recipient was only really doing it for fun or as a favour as the frih had no real use.

(Bondings has apparently said he will create a use for those with remaining frih,access to an arcade or something,maybe then if they are still tradeable will they have some kind of value for those who want to access the arcade)

Whether coins become tradeable is still undecided,if they do become tradeable i can see both the marketplace and contests forums becoming active again,as not everyone wants/needs a domain,but would be willing to trade the coins they do have for banners and the like.
mahirh
truespeed wrote:

I am not sure what your opposing,frih have/had no value,you couldn't purchase anything with them,domains/bandwidth/webspace,the only thing you could do was ask people to do tasks for them in the marketplace or run contests in the contest forum,either way the recipient was only really doing it for fun or as a favour as the frih had no real use.

i oppose your opposition , i had seen a guy exchanging frih dollars for money which can be used to buy all these suff like bandwidth(on other hosts),webspace (in other hosts ) domains (at registrars) and the list goes on ....
jossylala
I see,it seems like the intoduction of coins is the cause of all this. I everybodies frih should be converted to coins rather than one loosing the frih and start accumulating new coins
mahirh
jossylala wrote:
I see,it seems like the intoduction of coins is the cause of all this. I everybodies frih should be converted to coins rather than one loosing the frih and start accumulating new coins

no , you are mistaken , you could use frihs but you could not earn them after the big guys put an end to it (you could use your unsed frih dollars) , which hopefully they are going to do very soon but coins can be more powerful than frih$ once the big gouys allow people to people transaction of this stuff (they promised us that they will do it once there is much demand for that feature)
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
jossylala wrote:

no , you are mistaken , you could use frihs but you could not earn them after the big guys put an end to it , which hopefully they are going to do very soon but coins can be more powerful than frih$ once the big gouys allow people to people transaction of this stuff (they promised us that they will do it once there is much demand for that feature)
I speak under correction but as far as I understand the Frih$ is still a going concern. Until further notice. So there is no need for worries currently and people can keep trading in Frih$. Earning of Frih$ may be discontinued in the distant future, or who knows, maybe not, so again, don't worry about then. Everything is OK for Frih$ for NOW. So trade away! Coins will be used for buying Website domains. Also for running competitions. Coins and Frih$ will be used for completely different objectives. We're not to worry about the coins right now either, except "earning" coins. As the trading of coins will take some time before it will start. So forget coins for now except for "earning" coins, and focus on Frih$ for trading.
Ghost Rider103
mahirh wrote:
truespeed wrote:

i oppose your opposition , i had seen a guy exchanging frih dollars for money which can be used to buy all these suff like bandwidth(on other hosts),webspace (in other hosts ) domains (at registrars) and the list goes on ....

Where exactly did you see this done? Use of real money for any services on Frihost isn't allowed, not even in the marketplace. The only currency allowed in the marketplace is Frih$.

Frih$ do still have some value. The value of frih$ will actually increase once the earning of frih$ stops and Bondings adds more things to exchange frih$ for.

If I had the chance and time, I would try to earn more frih$ than before, considering they will stop being produced, which will make them more valuable in coins in a sense since they will be much more difficult to accumulate.

But all that aside, I too remember when the Marketplace was flowing with activity daily. It unfortunately doesn't see as much activity anymore, which is disappointing. I enjoyed the Marketplace back in the day. Hopefully it will start to get more activity and be like how it once was.
Flakky
The only solution for this is to give value for the Frih. I can think of many things that make the Frih useful without really costing a lot for Bondings.
The market will soon open up when Coin trade is allowed. This will mean that you can spend delicious coins which do have a value.
deanhills
I think the solution is for people to place orders for work in the market place. The currency is secondary to that. Somehow the flow has completely stopped. Doesn't look as though there is any demand.
Flakky
deanhills wrote:
I think the solution is for people to place orders for work in the market place. The currency is secondary to that. Somehow the flow has completely stopped. Doesn't look as though there is any demand.
Alright. Let's all try to make a topic Smile
Flakky
I think I know something to make stuff easier.
Though I doubt this idea will actually get any support.

What about closing all support forum (like the PHP/MySQL forum) and people having to ask for help in the Marketplace forum. Or only allow a topic in the support forum when paying a 25frih fee (which 25frih goes to the best selected answer).

Bit crazy these ideas but at least the frihs will be rolling more. And money needs to roll Wink

PS: Just read this thread title: FRIH$5000 for best website name
Those weren't the prices back in the old days xD
mahirh
Flakky wrote:
I think I know something to make stuff easier.
Though I doubt this idea will actually get any support.

What about closing all support forum (like the PHP/MySQL forum) and people having to ask for help in the Marketplace forum. Or only allow a topic in the support forum when paying a 25frih fee (which 25frih goes to the best selected answer).

Bit crazy these ideas but at least the frihs will be rolling more. And money needs to roll Wink

PS: Just read this thread title: FRIH$5000 for best website name
Those weren't the prices back in the old days xD

i think that isnt completely useless as you wrote , even though there a re a few problems associated what that ,
people would actually hunt for answers to the question so that he can some how get points or coins or whatever
but instead of creating extra points , the points get actually transferred from the asker so , people may not abuse the system by creating new account and asking and answering by their main account so they get points and if the asker does not have enough points , they get negative points and they will be denied from posting anymore if it reaches more than 25 negative ones and if they dont bring it back to positive by answering questions and posting posts , the answerer will have the points disappearing , till the asker reaches positive points
william
I don't even think coins are the reason for a decline in the marketplace. I remember back in 2006/2007, I would come to the Marketplace and Contest forums and there would be activity daily. I often got responses in under a minute. But since then, things have quieted down gradually, and now it's just empty. Not sure if it's just the marketplace to blame, though, because other forums have declined as well. I'm not completely sure what the cause is, but at one point, I never went below 45 points. As fewer people posted and participated, I slowed down as well. I remember this place full of enthusiasm and constant exchanges and sales, but now it just seems forced, and the marketplace doesn't have much of a purpose to posters anymore with this little activity.

I don't know, I really do miss those days. I am crossing my fingers that coins accelerate things, and not just in this section, but the entire forum. Heck, I'd be willing to open a couple marketplace topics and run a couple contests, but without activity, it's not going to happen. I really feel we should take advantage of featured discussions more to get the marketplace running again.

Just my 2 cents.