FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Craving for Kiwi fruit - natural?





deanhills
I'm going through a Kiwi fruit phase. Kiwi has always been around, but this is the first time I'm really into the fruit. What a delicious flavour it has. I also learned that a small Kiwi fruit has more Vitamin C than an orange. Wonder whether when one has this "craving" for one fruit, whether that is a natural craving for the nutrition that is in that fruit. Kiwi fruit is apparently very high in anti-oxidants. I've just had a cold, so wonder whether this is a natural craving for that which repairs the cells in the body, which Kiwi Fruit apparently does do?
Source: WHFoods - Kiwifruit-Nutritional Profile
Flakky
You can buy juice with kiwi in it. At least for me the best way to have fruit is by drinking it as oranges and bananas often go to waste as I do not eat them on a regular basis.
I got a problem with kiwi. When I have one my tongue gets all itchy. My parents and friends say it is ridiculous while my sister has the same problems.
Bondings
I like kiwis a lot, or at least the good ones since sometimes they have a weird taste.

I eat them with the skin (apart from the hard parts at both ends) since that is the easiest way to eat them. The skin is actually the healthiest part, but also contains most of the pesticides, if they are used, of course. But that's probably the exact same case for apples and those are frequently eaten with their skin too. Most people don't seem to know that you can eat the skin of a kiwi, too.
watersoul
I think a craving for anything healthy is quite natural, sometimes I'll crave certain foods and usually it's just the thing needed to make me feel better. Maybe at some instinctive or subconcious level our body "knows" what it needs.

...and as for the kiwi's, I eat them with the skin as well, although my friends think it's strange - good to know I'm not alone there! Laughing
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I eat them with the skin (apart from the hard parts at both ends) since that is the easiest way to eat them. The skin is actually the healthiest part, but also contains most of the pesticides, if they are used, of course. But that's probably the exact same case for apples and those are frequently eaten with their skin too. Most people don't seem to know that you can eat the skin of a kiwi, too.
watersoul wrote:
...and as for the kiwi's, I eat them with the skin as well, although my friends think it's strange - good to know I'm not alone there! Laughing
I was unaware that you could eat them with the skin on until I checked up on a Kiwi (New Zealand) Website a short while ago. Up to that point I was thinking of all those hairs on the skin, but apparently they are easy to rub off. But yes, I would be worried about the pesticides too. Think I have to try the skin however just to see what it tastes like, so may do that with my kiwis tomorrow. I seem to have settled down with the kiwi fruit now. They seem to last longer in my fridge than they did a couple of weeks ago. Smile
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
I seem to have settled down with the kiwi fruit now. They seem to last longer in my fridge than they did a couple of weeks ago. Smile


I know what you mean there, I go through stages with different things and the "length of time in the fridge test" speaks volumes, at the moment it's black grapes that are being replaced almost daily! Laughing
Related topics
Your Strategies against lazyness?
Survey: Which type of advertisements are you interested in?
science vs. religion
Getting Drunk
Conservative Christian Dictionary.
how many of the four cardinal virtues do you practice?
Brain Or MIND?
FOOD AS MEDICINE..
Most people are addicted to carbs, not because the food says
Kiwi's eten met de schil
Proteins and vitamins
Poor Sleep?
What to eat in winter
Health, Benefits Of Kiwi Fruit.
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Health and Beauty

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.