FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tattoo's

jwellsy
What kind of tattoo's do you like or don't like?
Any funny tat stories?

I'm thinking about getting my first one. Might have the words "Your Name" put on my butt cheek, for the fun in winning bar bets with it.
deanhills
I think one needs to be intoxicated to make the whole tattoo thing work. Different courses for different horses, but just can't see why one has to decorate oneself permanently. Why not just get a sticker, and when you get tired of the sticker, get another sticker. At least that way you will always have a choice, but once you have that tattoo you are stuck with it, or you could get a painful operation to remove the tattoo and have a scar to remind you of it for the rest of your life.
Cliffer
tattoo is like logo of your website.you can creat one and enjoy it.
menino
I agree with Deanhills - get a temporary tattoo, which you can change when you get tired of it, or of other people get tired of it.

Some tattoos look good on some people, and it kind of becomes their insignia or reflects their personality, I guess.

Also tattoos look quite bad, once the body also changes shape. Laughing
Perhaps that is the motivation to always keep in shape probably.
c'tair
That's the thing - you have to pick a tattoo that you won't get tired of. A lot of people get such lame tattoos and no wonder they want it removed after a few years.

I've been thinking of my tattoo for about 2-3 years now and I finally have accepted a certain design. The design involves everything that shaped me, everything that is important to me and the design would basically "show" me in one simple image.

Except it's not that simple Razz . It's pretty intricate but it performs two functions - it exposes my ideals and it is also aesthetically pleasing.

Only problem is, I've asked around and the price to get it done would be about 1000$ plus 10-15 hours of needling. Gonna have to save up some funds and get it done, but it won't be anytime soon.
Vrythramax
I like tattoos very much and I am heavily tattooed myself (50+ and still counting). They are ceratinly not for everyone, and much thought should be taken into what it is you are putting on your body. Tatotos are not as permanent as they once were, they can be removed in a variety of ways now-a-days, but from what I have seen sometimes the removal is worse (and a great deal more expensive) than the tattoo itself.

Personally I like fine lined black work and traditional Oriental (Japanese styled irizumi especially) artwork. For those not familiar with this style it leans towards large pieces that have a alot os vibrant colors with little to no shading.

@deanhills

Ironically drinking can actually make the tattooing process *more* painful, and many tattoo artists will not work on you if you have been drinking. Alcohol thins the blood, so you bleed more which causes the artist to have to stop to wipe the area with a dry cloth...which is *very painful*.
shinodan
Everyone says getting a tattoo is'nt that bad, well, thats a lie, it was a horrible horrible pain that im tottaly unfimilar with, had to stop half way through to throw up.

Everyone also says im a wuss, i dont belive them. Razz

I got a tattoo of the keywork (a logo from the band coheed and cambria)
One of my favoruite bands ever, on my right forearm.
watersoul
I had a professionally drawn tattoo on my lower leg illegally when I was 14 years old, I don't particularly like or dislike it these days as it is just a snapshot of "who I was" back then.
I would say to anyone thinking of having one to think carefully though, a tattoo is not just for Christmas, it's for life.

...unless you have loads of spare cash for lazer treatment lol
macky
I like tattoos that is very artistic... like am rock and roll style...
imera
I like many types of tattoo, but not really the ones where people tattoo their name all over their back, it's a bit stupid I think.

And now a funny tattoo story:
A boy I knew from school got drunk once and went to a tattoo studio, he spent thousands of his savings to get his nick name tattooed on his back. Because of that he was almost kicked out of his apartment because he couldn't pay the next month. Okay, so maybe that part isn't funny, but he got a story to tell at least
ujjawall
i like funny tattoo Laughing Laughing
eday2010
I don't like any tattoos, regardless of how artistic they are. I don't like anything that vandalizes the nice look that skin has.
loyal
I prefer natural looking skin.
However for a temporary tattoo, why not try henna/mendi? It's nice.

Peace.
driftingfe3s
My cousin is covered in tattoos. It really makes me want to get one. So for some time now I've been wanting to get one but I can't, for the life of me, think of something I'd want to be on me permanently.
fayeberns
I don't think I can ever get a tattoo. Aside from my low threshold for pain, the idea of being permanently branded by an image that I might end up regretting one day is appalling (no offense!).
loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna#Traditions_of_henna_as_body_art
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
I think one needs to be intoxicated to make the whole tattoo thing work. Different courses for different horses, but just can't see why one has to decorate oneself permanently. Why not just get a sticker, and when you get tired of the sticker, get another sticker. At least that way you will always have a choice, but once you have that tattoo you are stuck with it, or you could get a painful operation to remove the tattoo and have a scar to remind you of it for the rest of your life.

As Max already said, you cannot really get a tattoo while drunk. It doesn't work correctly. Although it's fun to think about and it leads to this youtube classic:

Quote:
I like tattoos very much and I am heavily tattooed myself (50+ and still counting). They are ceratinly not for everyone, and much thought should be taken into what it is you are putting on your body. Tatotos are not as permanent as they once were, they can be removed in a variety of ways now-a-days, but from what I have seen sometimes the removal is worse (and a great deal more expensive) than the tattoo itself.

Jesus Christ! 50+ tattoos? If you don't mind me asking, over how many years and how many dollars/euros/pounds/whatever did you get all those tattoos? Also, how does your job feel about those tattoos (because it seems hard to cover that many tattoos unless they're all micro-sized tats.

I would love a tattoo, and I have an idea of what it would be, but I cannot afford one yet. I'm not worried about regretting it later because it's going to be something very symbolic of who I am. So it's not something I'm just going to regret later... I want this on my back between my shoulders (where it can't be seen when a shirt is on):

deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
I would love a tattoo, and I have an idea of what it would be, but I cannot afford one yet. I'm not worried about regretting it later because it's going to be something very symbolic of who I am. So it's not something I'm just going to regret later... I want this on my back between my shoulders (where it can't be seen when a shirt is on):
So what would the point be then to have it on your back? You won't be able to see it?
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
So what would the point be then to have it on your back? You won't be able to see it?

My shirt is off plenty. It's the best of both worlds. I can cover it easily in any business situation since many companies won't hire people with visible tattoos but then I can show it off easily at many situations. Every time I go to the beach, go to a show (I usually take my shirt off since I get sweaty in the pit), in bed, etc. then my tattoo is showing. I always see young people go and get visible tattoos the day they turn 18. I think that this is foolish because at that age, you do not know what occupation you're going to end up in and so you're just hindering yourself. It's a little more reasonable if you're in your forties and are quite established in a job or industry that will allow it.

Besides many people get tattoos for some symbolic reason (which is why your sticker idea won't work for everybody). Perhaps you had a child that died during infancy and so you want to tattoo their name onto your chest so that you can remember them for the rest of your life. The tattoo I want represents a lot about me including my: religious beliefs (or non-beliefs), political views, identification with the metal culture (which has been a huge part of my life), etc. The last one will be the most important to me since most of the time when my shirt is off I'm at a metal show (I go to tons of shows, and my shirt is on in many other situations such as the beach - I wear a shirt to prevent getting burned). Plus, that would be a tattoo that would identify well in the metal culture...