FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PostCrossing! fun with the mail

quex
I ran across this the other day:

Rather than a simple pen pal match-up service, this system allows for a variety of international (or sometimes crossnational, if you set it up that way in your profile) exchanges with as many different people as you want to contact. You get an address and a short profile to send a postcard to someone in the world; then someone else, somewhere else in the world sends a postcard to you. Nice way to make friends, as well as collect cool postcards and foreign stamps. :3

I just sent my first one to Finland~ <3
standready
Looks sort of interesting but I can connect with others around the world with my internet already.
quex
standready wrote:
Looks sort of interesting but I can connect with others around the world with my internet already.

True, but there's something personal and endearing about receiving physical mail from a stranger somewhere in the world. A view of a distant place and a few words about another person's life. It appeals more to some than others.
PureReborn
I know my cousin would love this. She collects post cards from around the world and this would be a great way for her to get postcards from places her or her family wont normally go to.