FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you hope US dollar exchange rate get lower?

Cliffer
the US government hopes dollar exchange rate lower? do you hope so?
deanhills
NO! I don't hope so. My salary is directly connected with the US Dollar, as the UAE pegs its currency against the US Dollar. If it continues to fall however as it has been doing over a long period of time, then probably the UAE will have to let go of this peg, and when the UAE does that, there will be a large number of other countries in similar situations that will have to do the same. That may not be so good for the US for logical reasons.
c'tair
Oh no I don't. I make USD and I get usually about 3 times as much currency when I go on vacation to my motherland.
If the dollar failed then I'd have to work a lot more so I could visit my friends and family back in my country or I may not even be able to do it because it isn't easy to cover both your education and traveling whilst being in college full time.
ocalhoun
Of course the dollar will continue to fall.

It's the US government's policy to encourage slow, steady inflation.

Ostensibly, this is to benefit the poor (in debt) and hurt the rich (holding capital).
It does, however, also greatly and directly benefit the government, given the government's large amount of debt. (And there is also a substantial amount of corporate debt to consider.)

(Why does inflation help those in debt?
If you owe money, then when the money becomes less valuable, you owe less in terms of real resources. If you have money saved up, you're hurt by the money becoming less valuable.).
menino
I think the dollar right now is steady and rising a bit, based on the current economic conditions, and therefore the exchange rates are a bit high and increasing as well.

This will be steady, until there is some bad economic news in the future, but I dont think that will happen very soon.
pll
I hope it will continue to drop as I'm canadian I'll be able to come and see you americans this holiday season! Cool
deanhills
pll wrote:
I hope it will continue to drop as I'm canadian I'll be able to come and see you americans this holiday season! Cool
Aha ..... another good reason to return to Canada. Either that, or throw myself into a brand new life aimed at helping people in third world countries.
PureReborn
I sure hope so ^_^ at least for the short term. I need to convert some Canadian to US soon.
nigam
Definitely not! I hope it will not drop nor fail....I am earning in USD here as I exported our native products worldwide. My company as well as other exporters in our country will suffer and companies might shut down if it will continue to drop US exchange rate.
watersoul
I hope not, it means less $'s spent by Americans on holiday here, or less exports of the few things we actually still make in the UK!
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I hope not, it means less $'s spent by Americans on holiday here, or less exports of the few things we actually still make in the UK!
Wouldn't that demand be taken up by those who benefit from the drop in the dollar? In the end it would balance itself out? You may just get people from other countries who take up the slack, such as the Canadians for starters, but also other Europeans including Eastern Europe and especially China?
menino
In today's G20 summit, Obama mentioned that all countries would benefit from a stronger US economy, whereby it also implies to a certain extent, the rate of the dollar. Laughing

Now with the republicans winning the mid term elections, its taken a toll on the dollar as well, which may be a good time to invest in the dollar, and it might be possible that the dollar will increase later on.