FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Republican to send squads to black areas to monitor voting

handfleisch
This Republican candidate says he's sending squads to the black areas in his district to supposedly monitor "voter integrity". Once again they're yelling "voter fraud" with no zero evidence and using it to intimidate minority voters at the polling place.

http://archpundit.com/blog/2010/10/06/where-the-other-side-might-be-tempted-to-jigger-the-numbers-somewhat/
ocalhoun
1: I don't see why you can be so sure he has "no zero evidence" for fraud. It happens, and it happens on both sides.
2: It is NOT his job to enforce any anti-fraud measures; if he has any evidence, he should present it to the authorities, and he should lobby for a more fraud-resistant voting system.
handfleisch
ocalhoun wrote:
1: I don't see why you can be so sure he has "no zero evidence" for fraud. It happens, and it happens on both sides.

If you care to research what you are talking about, you would find that there's no evidence of widespread voter fraud (people voting when they should not) in the USA. But there has been voter intimidation and ballot manipulation. As the article says
Quote:

"Voter fraud" has been the rally cry for conservative groups seeking to make it more difficult to cast ballots and suppress minority voter turnout. In particular this election cycle, Tea Party groups have taken up the issue, and Democratic groups have called for assurances that poll watchers trained by such groups are clear on polling station rules.

There are more registered Democrats than Republicans, so if there were 100% Democratic voter turnout, Republicans would lose. Hence the efforts to keep voters away from the polls in heavily Democratic areas.
Voodoocat
Proof of ACORN voter fraud:
Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Bradley J. Schlozman, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced that a Kansas City, Mo., man who was hired by ACORN to work in a voter registration drive pleaded guilty in federal court today to voter registration fraud.

Quote:
Franklin worked as a voter registration recruiter for ACORN in late September and early October 2006, obtaining voter registrations prior to the Nov. 7, 2006, election. Franklin admitted that he knowingly caused to be furnished to the Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners a voter registration application on which Franklin forged the signature of the applicant and on which the address and telephone number listed were false.

Source: http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2007/franklin.ple.htm

All parties should diligently persue free and fair elections. Why should anyone worry that the Rebuplicans are monitoring the election? If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to find. I expect that the Democrats are monitoring the election also. If they are not, they should.
handfleisch
Voodoocat wrote:
Proof of ACORN voter fraud:
Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. Bradley J. Schlozman, United States Attorney for the Western District of Missouri, announced that a Kansas City, Mo., man who was hired by ACORN to work in a voter registration drive pleaded guilty in federal court today to voter registration fraud.

Quote:
Franklin worked as a voter registration recruiter for ACORN in late September and early October 2006, obtaining voter registrations prior to the Nov. 7, 2006, election. Franklin admitted that he knowingly caused to be furnished to the Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners a voter registration application on which Franklin forged the signature of the applicant and on which the address and telephone number listed were false.

Source: http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2007/franklin.ple.htm

All parties should diligently persue free and fair elections. Why should anyone worry that the Rebuplicans are monitoring the election? If there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to find. I expect that the Democrats are monitoring the election also. If they are not, they should.

ACORN was cleared off all charges. Are you intentionally lying about this?

You think it's okay for Republicans to intimidate voters? How about stripping voters from the roles from voting rolls for bogus reasons, so people show up to vote and find out they are not on the list? Another Republican tactic.
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:
ACORN was cleared off all charges. Are you intentionally lying about this?.
Bush was never charged, yet I believe quite a number of people have serious cases that they would like to be heard. I use this as an example that clearing ACORN's charges doesn't make ACORN's business affairs necessarily squeaky clean, they just got cleared period. There was enough concern everywhere to have taken very serious decisions at Senior Government level. Also, I never hear Obama talking about ACORN, since his election he and the Dems in the Federal Government have very carefully distanced themselves from ACORN. For someone who has had a strong association with ACORN during his Chicago days, Obama's silence speaks louder than words.
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
Voodoocat wrote:

Quote:

Regardless a court's decision to clear charges, I'd say a clear admission of guilt like that one qualifies as proof.
I find it odd... why do you bother defending someone who admits to fraud?
(And why do you insist that one side is guilty of this and the other is quite innocent? Vote rigging in various ways is certainly a bipartisan affair... and it needs a solution that recognizes this.)

Voodoocat wrote:
Why should anyone worry that the Rebuplicans are monitoring the election?

Because they could be intimidating voters... especially when they're focusing on black (mainly democrat) districts.

No candidate's staff should be monitoring elections; that's a job for the current elected and appointed officials. Why? Because of the obvious conflict of interest.
(Yes, the current officials may also have a conflict of interest, but we don't have any guaranteed disinterested parties to use, so we just have to use the best we've got.)
jwellsy
Good. I hope they do stand up to the New Black Panther thugs.
ocalhoun
jwellsy wrote:
Good. I hope they do stand up to the New Black Panther thugs.

What is good?
Who is the 'they' you mention?
What are the 'new black panther thugs' dong that needs standing up to?
And are there really so many of them that this is a major problem?
Voodoocat
Quote:

Did you even read the quote where he admitted his guilt?

Quote:
Franklin admitted that he knowingly caused to be furnished to the Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners a voter registration application on which Franklin forged the signature of the applicant and on which the address and telephone number listed were false.