FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mrs. B.O. acting badly at the polling place

jwellsy
Eric Holder will protect her, besides she wasn't even holding a nightstick.

Quote:
First lady Michelle Obama may have violated Illinois law today — when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After she finished at the voting machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos with her.

“She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband’s agenda going,” Campbell said.

According to the pool reporter at the scene, the conversation took place IN the voting center not far from the booths.

Illinois state law — Sec. 17-29 (a) — states: “No judge of election, pollwatcher, or other person shall, at any primary or election, do any electioneering or soliciting of votes or engage in any political discussion within any polling place, within 100 feet of any polling place.”

http://www.usbacklash.org/?p=2044
liljp617
Let's stone her.

On a side note, I must add that's a magnificent website linked. Do people seriously have no issue reading from a site like that? I'll never get the attraction to such ridiculous excuses for "journalism" or "reporting." That applies to media from both sides of the aisle.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
Let's stone her.

On a side note, I must add that's a magnificent website linked. Do people seriously have no issue reading from a site like that? I'll never get the attraction to such ridiculous excuses for "journalism" or "reporting." That applies to media from both sides of the aisle.
Right, and the ironic thing about smear campaigns like that is that it always works opposite to what those characters intended it to work. Your savvy people tend to immediately feel protective of her. Husband apart, I admire her greatly, and I find that kind of "reporting" completely pathetic.
ocalhoun
A pretty minor infraction, and certainly not the type of thing that law was enacted in order to prevent.

Just warn her that she should keep any political discussion away from the polls, and let her go on her way.
deanhills
I can just imagine that her and Obama must have had a good talk about it ..... probably initiated by her with great apologies .... I'm almost certain she must have known her "oops" the moment it happened. Almost like Biden did when the microphone caught a swear word when he thought he was out of hearing range. Sort of happens. Probably shakes the person up and they would probably be doubly careful that it does not happen the next time.