FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My complaint with today's music

petgraveyard
Listen to what I have to say. Do you always hear the people around you talking about pathetic bands *cough*Green Day*cough* and wonder if they are just talking about them to seem cool? I think so. I mean, the world is obsessed with rap. Rap isn't something a lot of people like, yet they listen to it anyway just to be accepted as cool. Have you noticed this? We should all just listen to what we like...and not listen to it because our friends or social status superiors do.
BioHaZaRD
I think this is a double post: http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11992
Hippie
I'm going to have to agree, ESPECIALLY on the topic of green day. I'm almost ashamed to say that I ever liked them (dookie and insomniac, and the first two cd's nobody knows about) because of what they have turned into now. TERRIBLE maimstream crap is what its turned into. It would be ok, but bands like that are ruining genres like rock, because they still cling to the title of alternative. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, these "rock"/"punk" bands are swiftly becoming the new "boy bands". They will RUIN rock/punk, and everything it stands for.
Deji
Hippie wrote:
I'm going to have to agree, ESPECIALLY on the topic of green day. I'm almost ashamed to say that I ever liked them (dookie and insomniac, and the first two cd's nobody knows about) because of what they have turned into now. TERRIBLE maimstream crap is what its turned into. It would be ok, but bands like that are ruining genres like rock, because they still cling to the title of alternative. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, these "rock"/"punk" bands are swiftly becoming the new "boy bands". They will RUIN rock/punk, and everything it stands for.

ever think that they recorded their first albums back in 1990, Dookie was out in... what 1994, the members of the band have kinda changed since then (IE grown up) pretty sure they have kids now...

things change as you grow up, and as does the music you are going to write......

>_>
Hippie
I definitly agree that as you grow up, your music can change as well, but with greenday, it appeared to me that the FOCUS changed as well. It changed from making music to making money.
Stellaris
Rap's awesome - I'm not saying that to seem cool or whatever. But I've liked it ever since Public Enemy XD
-But I do agree. I know a lot of people who seem to fake to like Hip Hop just to seem in.
soilgrain
My favourite types of music are rock, metal, jazz and funk. However, i still love rap and hip hop.
Nameless
That's up to personal opinion. I know *I* like rap, and not just because the media tells me to. And trust me, I am just about the most UNcool person ever.

Though I do agree with you about Greenday.