FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Valve and DotA 2

weableandbob
Valve announced today that they are working on a sequel to Defense of the Ancients with the original creator. I'm both excited and kind of scared because I love DotA games and Valve, but I don't want League of Legends to die because of it.

Source: http://mmomfg.com/2010/10/13/dota-two-announced-1013/
achowles
There's already a lot of controversy over this game. Not least of all because of the name. But also because of the amount of ideas in other DOTA style games that will be used in DOTA 2.

I'm not against Valve hiring mod makers in the slightest. In fact I think they're giving more hope to the modding community than any other developer. But I think they've taken a bit of a misstep in unfamiliar territory here.

Hopefully it will all work out well in the end. But ultimately only time will tell.
Dementei
Wow, Valve is so awesome. And I love that Steam has a brilliant community network.
I think it's their success with Alien Swarm that is really inspiring them to continue with mod makers, and now it's with DotA. I don't think there should be anything to freight about this, Valve knows what gamers want.
QrafTee
If it's free I might bite, but if not I'm more than happy with League of Legends.
rayxzero
QrafTee wrote:
If it's free I might bite, but if not I'm more than happy with League of Legends.

Very Happy If it is not free,I still stick playing HEROES OF NEWERTH.
PureReborn
I been playing Starcraft 2 version of DOTA lately. It's pretty good, but definitely looking forward to Valve's effort on DOTA.
rayxzero
Looks like valve will try to create an RTS game. I think they also put DOTA campaign for story mode.
90dota
I like dota