FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creating a video tutorial

hmghaly
Dear All,

I need to create a tutorial video to show how a certain software I developed works. What is the best software to do this. That is, to capture what is happening on the computer screen and record my voice in parallel explaining what is going on.

Any idea of a good (free) software to do this?

Thanks very much,

Hussein
Peterssidan
I have used recordMyDesktop to record videos of my screen. I don't know if it's the best but I like it. It's a nice and simple application. I have never used a mic to record my voice at the same time though, but I don't think that should be any problems.
Marcuzzo
for windows you can use Camstudio which is also free.
or if you are looking for a more proffesional (commercial) tool there is Camstudio
The latter will allow you to edit the movie itself like zoom and adding text and so on.
hmghaly
Thank you very much guys, these two suggestions are very helpful Smile Have a nice day
sandmanxyz
I would go for Jing which is free and I think do the the job nicely. Give it a try!

http://www.techsmith.com/jing/
snowboardalliance
sandmanxyz wrote:
I would go for Jing which is free and I think do the the job nicely. Give it a try!

http://www.techsmith.com/jing/

Yup, it does have some limitations compared to the real video software (Camtasia), but it's really awesome for being free. (Disclosure, I have developed some of Camtasia Studio 8 while interning for TechSmith)