FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


"Run (N-word) Run" email from GOP candidate for NY





handfleisch
Why is the press giving this Tea Party Republican, Carl Paladino, a pass on the incredibly racist, vulgar, and pornographic emails he has sent out? These should be the death knell for any candidate, they should be front and center in all coverage (he has admitted them and blamed "bad judgment"). And now, at the same time New York city is reeling from a vicious hate crime incident against some gay men, Paladino is calling Gay Pride parades "disgusting". It's more proof of the moral collapse of the Republican party, the true face of the Tea Party and the sad shape of American politics.
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/tea-partys-carl-paladino-who-sent-racist-emails-wins-n-y-gop-gov-nomination/
Quote:
Carl Paladino, the Tea Party candidate who won the Republican primary for the nomination for Governor of New York, has a history of controversial veiws and racist jokes. Paladino sent a video, popular on the neo-Nazi website, Stormfront, showing African tribesmen titled “Obama Inauguration Rehearsal,” a picture of Barack Obama dressed like a pimp and Michelle Obama dressed like a prostitute, a picture of a plane crashing into a group of Africans with the title “Run Niggers Run” and a video called “Proof The Irish Discovered Africa” that featured monkeys dancing in emails that were recently uncovered.

Paladino also sent several pornograpic videos in his emails, including one of a woman having sex with a horse.

http://gothamist.com/2010/10/12/giuliani_calls_paladinos_gay_remark.php
deanhills
Good point Handfleisch. If NewsOne (never heard of it before) should carry a smear article like that, why aren't the real Media saying anything about? Are the allegations really true?
handfleisch
deanhills wrote:
If NewsOne (never heard of it before) should carry a smear article like that, why aren't the real Media saying anything about? Are the allegations really true?
Apparently you don't know the meaning of "smear". This isn't a smear article, simply the shortest and easiest one I could link to. My point is why isn't this damning issue mentioned on every story about Paladino?

As I noted in my post, Paladino admitted through a spokesman sending these type of graphic emails in the past
Quote:
"“It’s behavior that Carl regrets, and it’s e-mails with some regrettable material,” Mr. Caputo said."
There isn't much question that Paladino sent them.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/howard-kurtz/2010/09/scandal_time_paladino_gets_a_p.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/13/nyregion/13paladino.html?_r=1
Proof that some Republicans have decency, there's this:
Quote:
The e-mail drew criticism from Ed Cox, the state Republican chairman, who is backing Mr. Levy. “The racially and sexually inappropriate nature of Mr. Paladino’s e-mails is disturbing to say the least,” Mr. Cox said in a statement, “and stands in stark contrast to what the Republican Party stands for and the values it promotes.”
But I think this is more true:
Quote:
The state’s Democratic Party chairman, Jay Jacobs, said in a statement that Mr. Paladino’s e-mail messages “disqualify him completely from public service.”
jwellsy
Where was the outrage at democratic KKK Grand Cyclops Robert Byrd? This feigned outrage is just desperation from a crumbling party. More distractive noise away from the unpopular B.O. agenda.
ocalhoun
jwellsy wrote:
This real outrage is just desperation from a crumbling party. More distractive noise away from the unpopular B.O. agenda.

Fixed.

Yes, the outrage is real...
And yes, it is mostly politically motivated.
(Fits in nicely with the 'right-wingers hate brown people' stereotype.)
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:
deanhills wrote:
If NewsOne (never heard of it before) should carry a smear article like that, why aren't the real Media saying anything about? Are the allegations really true?
Apparently you don't know the meaning of "smear". This isn't a smear article, simply the shortest and easiest one I could link to. My point is why isn't this damning issue mentioned on every story about Paladino?
I checked up on the Internet to see where it has been published. The closest only media name I could recognize was The UK Guardian. All of the other titles were unknown media sources or blogs. I'm still puzzled. Why not in the regular media? Were they hesitating to go to press with this information?

handfleisch wrote:
As I noted in my post, Paladino admitted through a spokesman sending these type of graphic emails in the past
I thought that you had been in agreement during a previous thread that anecdotal evidence was not real evidence, in fact could be considered "a LIE"?
handfleisch
deanhills wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
deanhills wrote:
If NewsOne (never heard of it before) should carry a smear article like that, why aren't the real Media saying anything about? Are the allegations really true?
Apparently you don't know the meaning of "smear". This isn't a smear article, simply the shortest and easiest one I could link to. My point is why isn't this damning issue mentioned on every story about Paladino?
I checked up on the Internet to see where it has been published. The closest only media name I could recognize was The UK Guardian. All of the other titles were unknown media sources or blogs. I'm still puzzled. Why not in the regular media? Were they hesitating to go to press with this information?

handfleisch wrote:
As I noted in my post, Paladino admitted through a spokesman sending these type of graphic emails in the past
I thought that you had been in agreement during a previous thread that anecdotal evidence was not real evidence, in fact could be considered "a LIE"?

The confusion in your posts is really quite bizarre. I linked to the Washington Post and the NY Times, did you miss that?

Also, like your post about smearing, you don't seem to know what anecdotal evidence is. A spokesman for a politician admitting guilt on behalf of the politician is not anecdotal evidence; it's an admission.

Still, if we get around your inability to understand that Paladino did send these emails and that is not even at issue, your last question is directly to the point: Why has this gotten only back-page mention in the media, instead of front page? Why not constant coverage on the TV networks? It's a glaring with sex-and-scandal story that the media usually loves (Tiger Woods, Brett Favre). Ethnically diverse New York would reel in horror from Paladino even more than they already are, and yet this is getting underplayed.
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:
The confusion in your posts is really quite bizarre. I linked to the Washington Post and the NY Times, did you miss that?

Also, like your post about smearing, you don't seem to know what anecdotal evidence is. A spokesman for a politician admitting guilt on behalf of the politician is not anecdotal evidence; it's an admission.
Ditto Handfleisch. Although I don't think you are entirely truthful when you say you are confused. I have never heard a politician using a spokesman to make an admission like that before. Does that sound logical to you that he would?

This is the search I did in Yahoo. I found a link this time to Washington Post, but in the opinion column. Not as a main article. Hope that makes you a little less confused as to my response to the results.

Is it possible to provide the link of the NYTimes article?
liljp617
Sounds more like the "moral collapse" of a handful of individuals. The Republican Party was pretty large last time I took notice and, although it probably doesn't often come across this way (for an obvious reason), there are a variety of views within the party.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:
Sounds more like the "moral collapse" of a handful of individuals. The Republican Party was pretty large last time I took notice and, although it probably doesn't often come across this way (for an obvious reason), there are a variety of views within the party.
Well said, always short and straight to the point. And very true of course as well. As is the case with the Dems as well. Obama has some problems of his own as well, and that is probably universal. But I would say the Republicans have an identity crisis on their hands. As we speak. I can imagine they must be having serious deliberations about quo vadis, and part of that would probably be to come up with a stronger identity, which may mean that they will have to get rid of some of the characters who are creating this kind of stigma. This election is probably going to be very important for them from that point of view as well. Would be a good test for them to see where they stand with their own Party.
handfleisch
liljp617 wrote:
Sounds more like the "moral collapse" of a handful of individuals. The Republican Party was pretty large last time I took notice and, although it probably doesn't often come across this way (for an obvious reason), there are a variety of views within the party.

I wish you were right. If you were right, Paladino would have been rejected by the GOP. (In the past, when extremist candidates or organizations officially associated themselves with the Republicans, they publicly distanced themselves.) What was once the extremist fringe of the Republican party -- the John Birch Society, for example -- is now being allowed into the main party structure.

It's getting pretty obvious now. I suggest you read this
Quote:
The pressing historical question is how extremist ideas held at bay for decades inside the Republican Party have exploded anew—and why, this time, Party leaders have done virtually nothing to challenge those ideas, and a great deal to abet them.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/10/18/101018fa_fact_wilentz#ixzz12S0fiXCX

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/10/18/101018fa_fact_wilentz

edit to fix link
Related topics
What is the best antivirus progrem?
CHEAP DOMAIN FOR YOUR SITE!
Jaki portal php polecacie?
Not Voting is Reasonable for People Who Want Freedom
Best Download Manager/Accelerator
"Socom 2" vs. "Socom 3" for PS2
What is better? AMD or Intel
Public Speaking URGENT
[SOLVED] Offensive words...
Should I pull a random move
Calculator Gaming
Outrageous: Denmark re-publish Mohammud cartoons
Another fine Republican candidate
Anti-HCR protesters mock Parkinson's victim
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.