FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unable to Login to Direct Admin

silversurfer
Hi

I am new to this forum but am experiencing all the same problems as posted here previously in regard to accessing my websites through DirectAdmin. I have been using the same host and DirectAdmin Panel for over 5 years for one main and 2 Reseller Joomla CMS websites as well as two Wordpress Blog sites and now all of a sudden I am unable to gain access to any of them through DirectAdmin or my FTP software. All the websites are still accessible from the front end as are the Admin Panels, however, I cannot save any changes, (error message)

The message from the DirectAdmin Control Panel is simply: 'Invalid Login: Please Verify your Username and Password'

Message from FTP
*** CuteFTP 8.3 - build May 19 2010 ***

STATUS:> [12/10/2010 10:20:41 AM] Resolving host name ftp.mydomainname.com...
STATUS:> [12/10/2010 10:20:41 AM] Host name ftp.mydomainname.com resolved: ip = 69.167.134.175.
STATUS:> [12/10/2010 10:20:41 AM] Connecting to FTP server... ftp.mydomainname.com:21 (ip = 69.167.134.175)...
STATUS:> [12/10/2010 10:20:41 AM] Socket connected. Waiting for welcome message...
[12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] 220 ProFTPD 1.3.3a Server ready.
STATUS:> [12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] Connected. Authenticating...
COMMAND:> [12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] USER name
[12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] 331 Password required for user
COMMAND:> [12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] PASS *****
[12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] 530 Login incorrect.
ERROR:> [12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] Not logged in.
ERROR:> [12/10/2010 10:20:42 AM] Can't login. Disconnecting...

I have not changed anything nor added new software as far as I can remember and have been able to access all the websites fine prior to a week ago. One other website I am currently building for a client I am able to access the Cpanel with no problems through my FTP software.

I have tried contacting my host on numerous occassions both through emails and support tickets but there has been no response from him. I have also followed almost all the suggestions and recommendations on this forum to try to sort the problem out myself but to no avail so in desperation I am asking you for help.

Thank you
mOrpheuS
silversurfer wrote:
I have been using the same host and DirectAdmin Panel for over 5 years for one main and 2 Reseller Joomla CMS websites as well as two Wordpress Blog sites and now all of a sudden I am unable to gain access to any of them through DirectAdmin or my FTP software.
I have tried contacting my host on numerous occassions both through emails and support tickets but there has been no response from him. I have also followed almost all the suggestions and recommendations on this forum to try to sort the problem out myself but to no avail so in desperation I am asking you for help.

Judging from the error message you're getting, in all likelihood, your server/host has gone under.
Search the internet to see if other people (who might have been with the said host) are facing similar problems.
FriHost forums is not the place you'll get actual support for problems with other hosts.
silversurfer
Many Thanks for answering my request for help. At least I now feel more confident that it isn't something I have done

Much appreciated

All the best
mOrpheuS
silversurfer wrote:
At least I now feel more confident that it isn't something I have done

Actually, it could very well be just that !
(There have been instances of people being unable to login for reasons as trivial as a bad keyboard !)
Try logging in from a different place/machine.

Your host's HTTP, DirectAdmin and FTP services are all up.
It's just that you are unable to login to any of them.

Your host also lists a phone number in their "Contact Us" page - that's something you could try as a last resort.