FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need some dubstep recommendations

[FuN]goku
So, I've always been into electronica, but about 2 months ago, I started getting more into dubstep. I've mostly been listening to underground/amateur stuff on youtube which, I actually find better than some of the "professionally" done stuff.

DatsiK and Excision seem to be alright, Cookie Monsta I didn't much like. There's a few my friend recommended me, but honestly, they all sucked..... to me anyways.

Does anyone know of any good dubstep artists, that have a slower 'wub' beat to it? Most of the one's I've found seem too fast for my taste. Last.FM wasn't much help either Sad
watersoul
One of my fave's at the moment - UK based Skream, some deep n clever ambient dub going on, here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5kN9SgsIRI

http://www.myspace.com/skreamuk
[FuN]goku
Seems pretty good! Still not quite what I'm looking for though, though the tempo is right.

One of the ones I've been listening to is Mt Eden Dubstep.

watersoul
Like that too Smile

If its any help, there's a site I used to use (Pandora.com) which is now restriced from the UK unfortunately. You type a few artists/tracks in, and using some groovy algorithm it searches for any music with similar backbeats/tempo which you might like. Surprisingly accurate when I used it, but like I say, no longer available for me, maybe Canada is "allowed" still.