FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


My songs





speeDemon
I don't know if this is the right place to post these, but I don't seem to have a lot of options.
These are two songs that I've made. I've written, composed, played, and sung them, and I'm pretty sure they're not really any good, but still I like to make tunes, and so I decided to have a take on songs. Tell me what you think about them!

Awake



Who I am



and if someone knows where this post belongs, then please move it there accordingly
edit:
Thanks to bikerman for moving the post and embedding the videos.

I have actually made 4 songs, and recorded 3 till now,
Here's a page I made myself for downloading the 3 recorded ones(Hosted on frihost Smile )
zahd
very nice

songss will done sweety

thankx for sharing

regards
liljp617
Not bad. The acoustic work is actually really nice -- aptly suited for a singer/songwriter type deal. Singing wasn't bad at all, but mediocre currently (don't take that personally, I could barely hold a note if I wanted to). I suppose I'll throw a few things down here as well Very Happy Instrumentals specifically.

Pretty much all improv in terms of the soloing, as I never can find the patience to sit down and organize a structured solo. I always end up just having a go at it. Usually to my own disappointment haha





Second one is actually the very first "song" I ever recorded. Not perfect but it always has some special significance to me.
speeDemon
thanks!
What's your gear? do you play drums as well..?
liljp617
speeDemon wrote:
thanks!
What's your gear? do you play drums as well..?


The first video was played with my first guitar, a fairly cheap Ibanez RG that I still really like. The second was played with the ESP LTD MH-1000 (image in the video is that guitar). Both were recorded directly into my PC and into Mixcraft 5 using a Line 6 Pod XTLive, through a Marshall MG50...though the amp only serves as a PA/speaker when I use the Pod with it.

And no I don't play drums. The first video is just guitar and some random synth I BS'ed using a Mixcraft virtual instrument...no drums. The second is actually just a backing track I came across on the Internet, I think off guitarbackingtrack.com. I use EZDrummer to do drums in most of my original material -- basically just a virtual instrument plugin that goes into your recording software and it has a bunch of drum loops for various genres that can be edited, so it does its job.
speeDemon
Hm... I've been looking for some good drum loops for a while, I'll check it out. I'm pretty sure the plugin will work for Adobe audition, and if not, then there must be some other one out there which will fulfill my needs, though my Effects processor (Zoom G2.1u, it's so-so) has some in-built drum loops, but they're not that good...
liljp617
speeDemon wrote:
Hm... I've been looking for some good drum loops for a while, I'll check it out. I'm pretty sure the plugin will work for Adobe audition, and if not, then there must be some other one out there which will fulfill my needs, though my Effects processor (Zoom G2.1u, it's so-so) has some in-built drum loops, but they're not that good...


EZDrummer is great from my experiences, though there are numerous similar products. It works as a MIDI virtual instrument, so you can really do some work editing the drum loops to fit your needs relatively easily within your recording program. It has a nice "human feel" to it as well, which is obviously great.
Bikerman
Hi,
here's how I would proceed with the first song if I were working in the studio on it. It might be helpful - if not then feel free to ignore it Smile



PS - here's a track I've just finished mixing and mastering. It's a Soca track for Notting Hill Carnival - hence the heavy bass..check the lock between the kick drum and the bass guitar....nice....took me hours Smile
http://camres.frih.net/music/Midnight.mp3

And here's a track from the last Album I engineered as a complete contrast - the female vocal was the focus of work here...Bloody woman insisted on having the string backing, against my advice. Everytime I hear this track I hear that damn violin - it is marginally flat and it grates on my senses (perfect pitch can be a curse)...I got the voice nicely though, I think Wink
http://camres.frih.net/music/Daydreamer.mp3
ankitdatashn
Hey I saw your first song by the link in the other thread, nice song dear, wordings are good and touchy... all the best with your streak of song creation!
speeDemon
Bikerman wrote:
Hi,
here's how I would proceed with the first song if I were working in the studio on it. It might be helpful - if not then feel free to ignore it Smile

PS - here's a track I've just finished mixing and mastering. It's a Soca track for Notting Hill Carnival - hence the heavy bass..check the lock between the kick drum and the bass guitar....nice....took me hours Smile
http://camres.frih.net/music/Midnight.mp3

And here's a track from the last Album I engineered as a complete contrast - the female vocal was the focus of work here...Bloody woman insisted on having the string backing, against my advice. Everytime I hear this track I hear that damn violin - it is marginally flat and it grates on my senses (perfect pitch can be a curse)...I got the voice nicely though, I think Wink
http://camres.frih.net/music/Daydreamer.mp3


That helped a lot! thanks! now I just have to figure out how to make midi tracks, and how to work with them...

@ankitdatashn thanks a lot!
ujjawall
i love only rock song......... Laughing Laughing
Bikerman
speeDemon wrote:
That helped a lot! thanks! now I just have to figure out how to make midi tracks, and how to work with them...

@ankitdatashn thanks a lot!

You are welcome. For MIDI you need to work with a decent edtor. I use Cubase VST but there are quite a few free editors out there and a quick google should help.
speeDemon
ujjawall wrote:
i love only rock song......... Laughing Laughing
Rock sucks without drums... and as I too love rock, I didnt want to insult it.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
ujjawall
np brother....... Laughing Laughing
ujjawall
i hate from bass song Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
speeDemon
ujjawall wrote:
i hate from bass song Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I think I lost you on that one...
ujjawall
what u tell friend Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
gphoenix
Woh!

Good bro good..!

i can play guitar and harmonica.. Very Happy
granvals
Sing my songs to me
Sing them to me softly
Sing me sunlight and shadows
Browne Jackson
Orange groves and meadows
Let your voice ring back my memories
Sing my songs to me
Bring my dreams to me
Bring them from the darkness
Show my mind strange new flowers
But I'd like to know where they go
when the morning comes
Bring my dreams to me
Because it seems to me that there may never be
A better chance to see who I am
Come timelessly dancing
Through my dreams to me
ULLE-GOOOSCh
not bad Smile
ujjawall
granvals this is ur song Question
mugundhan
speeDemon wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to post these, but I don't seem to have a lot of options.
These are two songs that I've made. I've written, composed, played, and sung them, and I'm pretty sure they're not really any good, but still I like to make tunes, and so I decided to have a take on songs. Tell me what you think about them!

Awake



Who I am



and if someone knows where this post belongs, then please move it there accordingly
edit:
Thanks to bikerman for moving the post and embedding the videos.

really nice to see this
rocking
sounds cool
I like it
Very Happy
gangstermo12
wow very nice done i like it
Check out my ychannel YOUTUBE
gangstermo12 i sing some things of 2pac
tomisme
speeDemon wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to post these, but I don't seem to have a lot of options.
These are two songs that I've made. I've written, composed, played, and sung them, and I'm pretty sure they're not really any good, but still I like to make tunes, and so I decided to have a take on songs. Tell me what you think about them!

Awake



Who I am



and if someone knows where this post belongs, then please move it there accordingly
edit:
Thanks to bikerman for moving the post and embedding the videos.


I am quite impressed with "Awake". Keep on working. Cheers!
speeDemon
Thanks to everyone who took a look!
speeDemon
I have actually made 4 songs, and recorded 3 till now,
Here's a page I made myself for downloading the 3 recorded ones(Hosted on frihost Smile )
Related topics
Depressing songs
Favorite Songs
Bollywood Has Too Much Songs
your favorite song
Songs that recharge
The best songs
Best Songs of All time
Favourite/Best Songs (no more new threads on this please)
Do You Listen Any Chinese Songs?
Keyboard =D
Greatest Xmas Songs
funeral songs
Need help locating songs!
help...please
Your top 10 favorite songs
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Music

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.