FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to find clients

D'Artagnan
So i was just wondering, starting a company seems fairly easy, if you have the skills and the equiment and a place (besides the paperwork) you can just open, but what about the clientele? how to find clients in general, there is a formula or it depends on the niche?
Blaster
My friend just opened up his own gun store/ reloading store. Since it is something that is sort of to specific people he first sent it out to family and friends via E-Mail first. He asked if they could forward it to their friends that were also into the same thing. He also had me make him a website. I set this up so that it is on every major search engine and websites such as manta and all. The key to having a good website for something like this is SEO

Also he goes to gun ranges wearing his shirt and will hand out business cards and such.
standready
It really depends on the type business you are trying to start. Are your clients businesses that you are providing a service to or just general consumers (retail)?
Bluedoll
Makes me think of the possibility of just having a business just for the sake of having a business. If it is the kind of business that stocks up on product for example, just produce as long as the money will let you? After that I guess you slow down production until you get sales. Yeah, you do need clients to have a business if you are not filthy rich but if your business is active people will notice? Word of mouth is a term people use to describe being talked about and when you are talked about you are noticed. Lots of people will argue that strategy though and say you should target your audience.