FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Request renewal of negative point reminders/notifications

Would you like to receive a reminder every time you get below zero points? (as opposed to only the first time, which is currently the case)
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
other (will explain in post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

zbale
If I'm not mistaken the first time one gets below zero points, one gets a reminder/notification. I think that's excellent.

However, if one makes amends, posts and goes back above sea level, but then, for whatever reason, drops back under zero, one currently does NOT receive a new reminder that they got below zero. One only gets the "minus five" notification (and possibly under but I don't know about that).

It seems to me a sound and useful request that one should get a notification EVERY TIME one gets below zero (or below whatever existing thresholds), because we're all busy people and even though we are committed to keeping this forum alive, we sometimes lose track.

Does it sound unfair, or contrary to the forum rules, or technically complicated, that reminders should be sent even if reminders for the same threshold have been sent in the past?

I would love to hear some feedback,

Thanks.
speeDemon
Well I would say, that in a way you basically have to have more points than a certain limit, which in case of extremes(in frihost) is -10, and in general is -5, so if you decide to keep more points than that limit, then all you need is a notification when you go under it..

In my case I'm happy with the -5 limit, and hence a reminder under -5 is good enough, while I don't exactly care about me being under 0, I do come and post asap if I'm under -5(well, I try to).

So it's all about your own limits, and the way you think. In my case, I can say that in a way, 'my
zero' is -5, and 45 in my case is 50.. I don't know If I'm clear enough or not, but that's just the way I see it, and can explain it
Bondings
No, currently (and this was always the case) a notification is sent if you get below - 5 or below -10 points, it doesn't matter if it is the first time this happens or not (and it isn't recorded, it's simply an email). It was never at below zero points.
zbale
Oh, sorry, my mistake, I must have gotten the -5 twice then, and thought the first one was 0... I'll delete my post...
zbale
well, looks like I can't so if a moderator can just erase this thread, to prevent everybody from joining in...
Ghost Rider103
It's good to keep it just in case someone else has the same question or a question similar. They can use the search function to find this thread.

-close-