FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Raw vegetable soup or vegetable juice recipes?

deanhills
While I was in Thailand on Holiday two months ago I got taken with raw foods and vegetable juicing. I was wondering whether there are any others who are into raw foods and juicing as well? I'm particularly interested in raw vegetable soup and vegetable juice recipes.

Even if you don't have any recipes to share, would be interested what your thinking is about raw foods. Smile
c'tair
deanhills wrote:
While I was in Thailand on Holiday two months ago I got taken with raw foods and vegetable juicing. I was wondering whether there are any others who are into raw foods and juicing as well? I'm particularly interested in raw vegetable soup and vegetable juice recipes.

Even if you don't have any recipes to share, would be interested what your thinking is about raw foods. Smile

I prefer my vegetables raw ie. without dressing or cooking if it's possible. However, vegetables are only a tiny addition to my diet, which mostly consists of meat and dairy Razz
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I prefer my vegetables raw ie. without dressing or cooking if it's possible. However, vegetables are only a tiny addition to my diet, which mostly consists of meat and dairy Razz
I've put myself on a health sabbatical of one year. No meat, no fish, no eggs, no dairy, no processed food, just raw vegetables, now and then some nuts, and I may try sprouting as well, although that looks pretty messy to me. I've never really liked sprouts that much anyway. I don't have a fixed programme. I more or less follow my nose all the time, and it is quite fun. After a while you don't miss all the other foods as there is such a great variety to choose from. One staple every day is avocado. I used to be careful with avocado in the past, but seem to be consuming those in large quantities these days. Great in vegetable soups, for example with pineapple, bell peppers, tomato, cayenne pepper, plenty of garlic, and plenty of lime juice. There are real benefits for me in this so far. I find my mind is much clearer than before. I can see it in my work. I pick up on detail like I have never picked up on before. I'm also enormously energetic. I'm not sure that I will do this indefinitely, as I have been losing a lot of weight, but am enjoying it while the going is good. Smile
c'tair
I think it also has to do with a lifestyle change. I feel very energetic, concentrated, enthusiastic and upbeat since I started working out every day and running. So despite eating lots of meat and dairy (I was really skinny before, so I thought I need more proteins, fats, carbs), I'm in good shape and I feel great.

However, I will admit that I eat 'cleaner' than most people I know, because despite the fact I eat lots of meat and less vegetables, I buy lean meat like chicken or turkey, I prepare most meals by myself and usually I use only herbs and spices to spiff up the meal a little bit - no sauces, no gravy, no soda, no fast food, no chemically flavored or colored drinks etc. The less chemicals the better.

It's not a strict diet, but I average at maybe 3-4 burgers, 2 servings of KFC and no more than 5 pizzas per year. I just like my own hand cooked meals much more than those greasy... things. Razz
deanhills
I totally agree c'tair, especially with the role of exercise. I believe that any person can be fit and healthy, even on burgers, when they are very active. I've seen surfers basically living on oily burgers and chips, and rarely seeing any vegetables. Yet I can't imagine any person looking more healthy than those surfers. Totally fit and lean. There are many other factors that are involved in feeling fit and healthy, exercise probably being one of the biggest ones.

Your lifestyle and eating seem to be excellent. Mine is a bit on the extreme side for now, but I just wanted to make a drastic change. If I do feel great at the moment, the regular exercise I'm getting in the outdoors could be even a greater factor, than the raw foods. And if I have clarity of mind, it is more the fact of not eating processed food and fat, than eating raw foods. One could get the same clarity of mind by following a balanced diet with clean foods as you suggested.
nigam
i have my "malunggay" vegetable soup everyday...this give a lot of health benefits. i am very particular of my food now a days...though i am in my early 30's, i should start to eat right of foods and stay away from oily and processed foods. i also have a side dish which is sea weeds during my lunch time. i never skip eating sea foods everyday. plus, a green tea after my lunch and in the evening...
deanhills
nigam wrote:
i have my "malunggay" vegetable soup everyday...this give a lot of health benefits. i am very particular of my food now a days...though i am in my early 30's, i should start to eat right of foods and stay away from oily and processed foods. i also have a side dish which is sea weeds during my lunch time. i never skip eating sea foods everyday. plus, a green tea after my lunch and in the evening...
Is it possible to let us have the recipe for your "malunggay" vegetable soup. Sounds great. Also am most interested in a recipe for sea weeds. I brought some dried sea weeds from Thailand from me and other than my own recipe for marinating the sea weed in lime juice, don't really know what to do with them, particularly since it takes quite a while for the dried sea weeds to soften to an edible consistency.
nigam
deanhills wrote:
nigam wrote:
Is it possible to let us have the recipe for your "malunggay" vegetable soup. Sounds great. Also am most interested in a recipe for sea weeds. I brought some dried sea weeds from Thailand from me and other than my own recipe for marinating the sea weed in lime juice, don't really know what to do with them, particularly since it takes quite a while for the dried sea weeds to soften to an edible consistency.

If you can find "malunggay leaves" in Thailand...this is very healthy as well. malunggay is known as a poor man vegetables but it gives lots of benefits on it. here's some recipe of the malunggay soup..
malunggay leaves, vine spinach, squash, lady's fingers or gumbo.

Here's how to do:

peel the squash and chop, chop the lady's fingers, cut the vine spinach and get the malunggay leaves only.

first boil a water, then put the squash first in order to soften it.next is the lady's fingers or gumbo to soften it also, then once the squash and lady's fingers are soften, put the vince spinach and malunggay together and boil it for 5 minutes then add salt to it for taste. let me know if you do it.
if you can't find some of the ingredients, its fine. sometimes, we cooked only malunggay and squash only.
macky
raw foods is a good one... Smile