FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

uploading and downloading .exe files and .zip files

hmghaly
Dear All,

I have been trying to store an exe file on my website here hosted by frihost, I uploaded it into public html directory and couldn't find the link to retrieve it (when I type in the browser my website arabesque.frihost.org/helper.exe it tells me:

The requested URL /helper.exe was not found on this server.

the same would go even if I make the file .zip

what should I do to be able to upload and download such files to my site?

Thank you very much,

Hussein
Peterssidan
Are you sure that you upload it to the public_html directory? If not, do that and it will work better.
hmghaly
Yes I am sure it is in public_html directory, I tried this several times, I'm wondering if there is any kind of restriction for such files?
Peterssidan
There has never been any file restrictions that I know of. Your site is showing the standard "Welcome" page. Have you tried to change index.html file to see that it works?
silverdown
I would recoomend uploading to a free upload site and linking to it to keep your bandwidth down for the frihost account. it would also take the load off the servers as well when various users are downloading it. It only my suggestion of what I do.

Mediafire is what i use.
exefiledirectory
EXE files can be beneficial or detrimental to your system and its performance. Beneficial EXE files are necessary for running your applications, however dangerous malware EXE files can seriously compromise your computer system and your security.Please be aware that even apparently valid files may contain hidden code that could damage your computer and/or steal your private information. Ensure that you have all the information you need to keep your computer secure by visiting EXE Labs to find EXE files!So i'm suggesting that you download exe files here <a href="http://exe.paretologic.com/index.php
">texe file directory
</a> Download it for free!Hope it helps!Wink
ankur209
Do u have only one hosting account or u're hosting more than one domains on ur account??
Blaster
Make sure if there are caps then it is capitalized.

So it should be like domains/arabesque/public_html/helper.exe
Peterssidan
Blaster wrote:
Make sure if there are caps then it is capitalized.

That's it. The file is named "Helper.exe", not "helper.exe".
arabesque.frihost.org/Helper.exe
thedinh
Maybe you have not permition to download the file helper.exe.
try to view its permition, anf change to 777.
otherwise, check again your domain,
maybe you have uploaded the file to folder public_html on other domain,
if all above mothode is not usefull, maybe administrator have configed the server to refuse storing .exe file on host service.
good luck Laughing Laughing Laughing