FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many languages you speak?

How many languages you speak? (At an intermediate level)
None
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
40%
 40%  [ 17 ]
26%
 26%  [ 11 ]
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a genius. I can speak more than 5 languages.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

cemica
How many languages you speak at least at an intermediate level in addition to your native language?
Lets's say that intermediate level is equal with level B1 in Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Level B1.
Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc. Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken. Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.

There's a poll too. Answer to that and then post, what languages you can speak at least at intermediate level?

I can speak only one language at least at an intermediate level. Yes, you tought right - this is English. Very Happy And I think I can speak and write in English at an intermediate level (trying to get to upper-intermediate level).

And please, maybe someone can correct my mistakes in this post, so I can correct them. Embarassed
meep
Currently I can speak two languages at an intermediate level, those two being English and Dutch.
Dutch is my native language, and I've known English since I was six years old. Not sure if my English grammar is perfect, but at least it's good enough for people to understand it.
I can also read and write latin, but since that's a dead language I doubt it counts Laughing

P.s I don't think the 'none'-option in the poll is useful, since everybody that visits this forum will probably be able to speak English at an intermediate level and maybe another native language.
joostvane
3 - I speak Dutch, French and English, like most Belgians. Most people from Flanders (Belgium)are raised Dutch. At school, you'll be thaught French in primary school. In secondary school, you'll learn English.

I can write/read Latin, but that's not of much use anymore Razz You'll also get an initation German at school, but I dropped it in the third year in exchange for more Physics & Maths.
inuyasha
I speak Chinese, English and Japanese, though my Japanese needs improving Very Happy Actually I needn't have learnt it, but I'd like to.
Arseniy
Three actually, Russian, Ukrainian (they are quite the same and both are my native) and English (Advanced level). Not long ago had started to learn Japanese - that's really interesting for me.
metalfreek
First of all good poll and great thread. I would love to know peoples' language skills.

Talking about me, I know Nepali (my mother tongue obvious)
I also know how to speak Hindi but not that much. I can understand but speaking is not that good.
I am good at English, both speaking and Listening since we study our books in English since childhood. But I cannot claim I am too good.

I know basic of Spanish as well. I have studied Spanish for over a year and I can do some basic conversations. I would really love to improve my Spanish and take it to the next level.
ratanegra
I speak fluently 2 languages (Spanish [native] and English [advanced]).

I am studying French, Esperanto, Swedish and German. So, when I finish those languages in about 4 years from now, I'll come back here and do another poll like this just for voting "more than 5, I'm a genius".

Oh, wait, I won't be able! We'll all die in 2012... What a shame, isn't it?
miyustar
I speak English and Mandarin.
As for my Japanese, I'm still a beginner. Same goes to my dialects Hokkien - my listening for it is much better than speaking
janus
my english is so bad
gipsy
5 in total: I speak Dutch, French, English, German & Spanish...which is great....as I love languages ( or maybe I just want to understand what others are saying, hahaha Laughing
Cheeldash
I speak 2 languages, italian and english. I know some latin, finnish and german and i can understand spoken/written spanish and basic written french.
artasua
i know 3 languages (ukrainian, english, russian) and i want learn spanish
Insanity
I want to be able to speak French as well as Spanish and Chinese. I've been trying to learn French by myself, but it's hard. I want to be able to speak four languages total. Anymore than that and I think it will be too difficult to maintain.
rsbw
I speak German and currently learning English
Hexes
I'm using Russian, English and Polish languages. Most of the time I'm speaking Polish but since i was studying Russian philology it's my second language. English is the least used language but I'm trying to improve it all the time. I hope this forum will help me to do it! I regret that I haven't started to learn German but now I'm to lazy to do it Razz
Vanilla
I speak English and Spanish at an intermediate level. Portuguese is my native language and I truly adore it, but if you want to make it anywhere, you need to speak English. I also learned Spanish because I lived 3 years in Bolivia, so my Spanish is pretty good. It was more a necessity. Rolling Eyes

I want to learn Italian (half of my family is italian), German (the other half!) and Japanese (because I really find lovely the way that it sounds). Very Happy
ZeytinGrafik
english and turkish. and some german (beginner)
iliyasshaikh
hi
currently i know four langauges

1.gujarati(indian)
2.english
3.hindi(indian hindi)
4.urdu

thanks this all i speak and understand perfact
thank you[/i]
lima4real
Hi! i speak two languages, spanish is mi native one and english is my second language. I have been an on a of teacher of both languages throughout my life besides the carreer i actually studied. I have experience in translating but sometimes have a hard time with terms related to education level, like titulada, licenciada, etc. even among latin america the same term varies (is that rights¿?¿?) in its meaning from country to country :S
anyway happy to help and to get any feedback when asking
thanks!
bogisha
i speak two languages, my native language is serbian and i speak english. I can understand french but i can't speak it very well. I would like to learn finnish language but it is hard to find conversation partner to help me out.
lkglacier
That would be two languages for me, I guess. English being my native tongue, and then I consider myself an intermediate in French. I truly love linguistics, though. I've delved into many different languages. For a while I was studying German, and I'm currently doing some work with Japanese. My favourite language is Russian, though I only know key words and phrases.

Hexes wrote:
I'm using Russian, English and Polish languages. Most of the time I'm speaking Polish but since i was studying Russian philology it's my second language. English is the least used language but I'm trying to improve it all the time. I hope this forum will help me to do it! I regret that I haven't started to learn German but now I'm to lazy to do it Razz

Man, these are the languages I wish to be fluent in. Absolutely LOVE the sound of a Russian tongue, and I also like Polish.
Ircher
I can read and write U.S. English at an intermediate to advanced level.
pravojednostavno
I speak German and English.
chatchat
我是中国人, 我说中文.
Je parle français aussi.
Off course, I speak English.
今は わたしわ 日本語を 勉強して います。