FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Mario Turns 25





nivinjoy
Hey guys..

The most identifiable and iconic character in the history of video games Mario has turned 25..

Created by acclaimed game designer Shigeru Miyamoto back in 1981,Mario has become a unforgettable character in the world of video games.

Still Mario and his adventurous games remains to be the favorite of many youth and old aged people.. Mario and his games remains still in many game stations as a top level game and is still played to heart's content by many..

Now go and get a free copy of a very simple Mario game from CNET Download.com from the following link..!! Have a playful and maybe a nostalgic gaming time..!!

http://download.cnet.com/Super-Mario-Bros-3-Mario-Forever/3000-7433_4-10344976.html
LostOverThere
As you mentioned, Mario himself was created in 1981 under the name of Jumpman (although before that he was known as "Mr Video" to Miyamoto internally). So that does make Mario 29 years old, although Super Mario Bros. is 25 years old.

Also, I'd remove that link of Super Mario Bros. 3 if I were you. Wink
nivinjoy
LostOverThere wrote:
As you mentioned, Mario himself was created in 1981 under the name of Jumpman (although before that he was known as "Mr Video" to Miyamoto internally). So that does make Mario 29 years old, although Super Mario Bros. is 25 years old.

Also, I'd remove that link of Super Mario Bros. 3 if I were you. Wink



Why would you remove the download link...?? Its a free software...and i think Frihost doesn't object from posting links to free downloads..??
driftingfe3s
Hard to believe that Mario is my age! I loved the Mario games, too bad I don't have a Wii. I haven't been able to play any of the Mario Galaxy games.

I would have to say of all the Mario games, I'd have to say my favorite is Super Mario World. I think it is still one of my favorite games too.
nivinjoy
driftingfe3s wrote:
Hard to believe that Mario is my age! I loved the Mario games, too bad I don't have a Wii.


That is why i gave the download link.. Maybe you can atleast try them and have a nice time..
speeDemon
Wow, he looks different too, lol Smile
LostOverThere
nivinjoy wrote:
Why would you remove the download link...?? Its a free software...and i think Frihost doesn't object from posting links to free downloads..??

Sorry, I thought it was a ROM of the real Super Mario Bros. 3, instead it's just some fan made rip-off. Nevermind.
amperx
hard to believe marios has been there for that long, ive played it since mario 1 when i was a kid Very Happy thanks for the link
menino
I remember playing mario Bro's as a kid, and I played it some time ago on the mobile and its still addictive and fun.
nivinjoy
LostOverThere wrote:
nivinjoy wrote:
Why would you remove the download link...?? Its a free software...and i think Frihost doesn't object from posting links to free downloads..??

Sorry, I thought it was a ROM of the real Super Mario Bros. 3, instead it's just some fan made rip-off. Nevermind.


Ya..That's why i was confident enough that all will like this version..!!
nikjerry
I have played this game and I really like that too much but the other thing that I want to say you that it is hard to believe, but a certain running, jumping, mustachioed plumber named Mario turned 25-years-old today. From his early days jumping on bricks and collecting coins in the classic Nintendo game.
rayxzero
Super Mario is one of the best game i played on my early days of video game. Since now I still playing mario games on my WII.
alugueldelanchaangra
Mario is the best
eday2010
I am hoping to hell that the Super Mario All-Stars compilation that is coming out in Japan and Europe is also released in North America. I would love to play those games again without having to pull out the Super NES that is in storage. Plus I would love the bonus music CD and DVD and booklet.

The red celebratory Wii is also neat, though it would have been better if they decorated it with Super Mario Bros. sprites and stuff. Oh well. That is something the dedicated fan can do themselves, I suppose Smile
newage34
very nice game thnx
LostOverThere
Quote:
The red celebratory Wii is also neat, though it would have been better if they decorated it with Super Mario Bros. sprites and stuff. Oh well. That is something the dedicated fan can do themselves, I suppose Smile

Yeah, it would have been really awesome if they put an 8-bit Mario sprite on the top or something. That would be hardcore.
rayxzero
LostOverThere wrote:
Quote:
The red celebratory Wii is also neat, though it would have been better if they decorated it with Super Mario Bros. sprites and stuff. Oh well. That is something the dedicated fan can do themselves, I suppose Smile

Yeah, it would have been really awesome if they put an 8-bit Mario sprite on the top or something. That would be hardcore.


If they do that they will think that it is a waste if they will not used the capability of the new hardware it is rendered. New Super Mario Bros Wii I think is the closer one to the 8-bit Mario sprite although rendered in 3D environment. Very Happy
eday2010
rayxzero wrote:
If they do that they will think that it is a waste if they will not used the capability of the new hardware it is rendered. New Super Mario Bros Wii I think is the closer one to the 8-bit Mario sprite although rendered in 3D environment. Very Happy


If they are commemorating the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros., using the 8-bit version as a decal on the side of the Wii would be a perfect match. They're using his 8-bit sprite for the 25th Anniversary logo, after all.
macky
Oh mario back to my old days... when i woke up in the morning i started to play mario and before i go

to bed i still play mario... oh mario, mario you where my childhood bestfriend ever! Very Happy
recked
Mario is a legend and the most classic character of the gaming world although I do not wish to continue on playing with the Mario series. I am sure it is fun but legends to not always become bigger hits when it keeps releasing a new game every year.
LostOverThere
recked wrote:
Mario is a legend and the most classic character of the gaming world although I do not wish to continue on playing with the Mario series. I am sure it is fun but legends to not always become bigger hits when it keeps releasing a new game every year.

Well, luckily this hasn't happened yet. The latest release, Super Mario Galaxy 2, represents the 4th 3D Mario game in 15 years and is also one of the highest rated games of all time.

Mario is better than ever.
Nameless
'Super Mario' is 25 years old.
Mario's video game character is actually 29 years old.

This really annoys me for some reason. Store advertising needs to get it right. >_<
LostOverThere
Nameless wrote:
'Super Mario' is 25 years old.
Mario's video game character is actually 29 years old.

This really annoys me for some reason. Store advertising needs to get it right. >_<

Yeah, this bothers me a lot too. Oh well.
ato784
[quote="LostOverThere"]
nivinjoy wrote:
fan made rip-off. Nevermind.


LOL. that is so true. it is just a fan made rip off, and i prefer to just play the original in its original format.
Related topics
Spying on the spyware makers
Windows Tips&tricks!
what should i buy ?
mario
Sonic vs Mario vs Megaman?
Computer Virus Types
My list of musics
New screenshots of the New Super Mario Bros. for Nintendo DS
mario bros
Nore: EuroDNS .be domains not free-email rec'd attached
F. Nietzsche
Types of computer viruses
Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door (NGC)
15 Years @ $4.5 Million
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.