FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Windows OS you use?

Which Windows OS you are using?
Windows 7 x64
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Windows 7 32 bit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows Vista x64
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows Vista 32 bit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows XP x64
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows XP 32 bit
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Windows 2000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows Me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Windows 98
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other Windows OS
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Non-Windows OS
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

nam_siddharth
Windows 7 is here for last 1 year. Windows 8 is to to release in 1 year or so on. But yet I have seen many people still using Windows XP. Some are even using Windows 2000 or Windows 98.

So, which Windows Operating system you are using.

I am personally using Windows 7 x64 on most on my PCs, Windows XP x64 on 1 PC and Windows XP 32 bit on 1 PC.
hmghaly
I think windows XP is quite light and quick, and still supports all the programs I would need. I tried Vista but it is so bad, slow and complicated, so I returned to XP again. I don't know what's in windows 7 that can be so useful so that I would need to switch to it, would it be worth the hassle (and the money) to upgrade? Thank you very much...
Fire Boar
hmghaly wrote:
I think windows XP is quite light and quick, and still supports all the programs I would need. I tried Vista but it is so bad, slow and complicated, so I returned to XP again. I don't know what's in windows 7 that can be so useful so that I would need to switch to it, would it be worth the hassle (and the money) to upgrade? Thank you very much...

Certainly not. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
nam_siddharth
hmghaly wrote:

You cannot install Internet Exlorer 9 and Microsoft Office 2010 on Windows XP. You cannot open XPS file on Windows XP (Although you can do it after installing some third party software). Over all you cannot block applications in Windows XP.

The best feature I like in Windows 7 is AppLocker, which makes your computer bulletproof against virus and malware attacks.
LostOverThere
Yeah, using Windows XP 32-bit. Honestly, I see no reason to upgrade yet, really. It's light (for Windows) and does everything I need it to.

64-bit support would be nice, but that can wait.
thnn
I have been using Windows 7 64bit since the day it was released to manufacturing! I would never go back!

I used 98, XP and Vista. I know you can't really compare XP, Vista and 7 to 98 as they are such totally different operating systems, but when I went from 98 to XP, XP to Vista and now Vista to 7, I must say each was always an improvement in some way (yes some features in Vista were improvements, and only a fool would deny it).
I think Windows 7 combined the best of Windows Vista and Windows XP. Alot of businesses that I know of didn't upgrade to Vista from XP, but now that 7 is out, they are starting to make the switch straight to 7, and the extra features it provides, especially around networking, compared to XP is priceless.
dude_xyx
Still using good old windows XP with service pack 3. I have used XP since around 2002 or 2003 and they had fix soo many things for last 7 years. So I think its more stable and safe than their latest versions. Vista is clearly a failure. They had to stop supporting Windows XP because not many people wanted to buy or upgrade to Visita. I think Windows 7 is too new to be bothered about.
Helios
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-21.html

-close-