FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Roswell Incident

yagnyavalkya
Was the Roswell incident real
There are so many account in the internet
Is there any reality in the claim that Aliens visited Earth
Indi
Yes it was real. No it wasn't extraterrestrials.

It was a special high-altitude detection apparatus mostly used to measure sound waves travelling within a special inversion layer in the upper atmosphere, to get early warning of any Soviet missile launches. Sometimes they also added other stuff, for example, to detect cosmic rays as a precursor to the Apollo program.

Because, at the time, anything to do with their nuclear deterrence net was highly classified, the military went a little squirrelly when one of their top secret detectors crashed right into the public eye. They didn't have any sophisticated protocols in place to handle the media in the event of emergencies, so they ended up saying things that sounded very suspicious, whetting the public's appetite.

Honestly, this "case" has been so thoroughly discredited that even the UFO believers don't believe it anymore.
D'Artagnan
Indi wrote:
Yes it was real. No it wasn't extraterrestrials.

It was a special high-altitude detection apparatus mostly used to measure sound waves travelling within a special inversion layer in the upper atmosphere, to get early warning of any Soviet missile launches. Sometimes they also added other stuff, for example, to detect cosmic rays as a precursor to the Apollo program.

Because, at the time, anything to do with their nuclear deterrence net was highly classified, the military went a little squirrelly when one of their top secret detectors crashed right into the public eye. They didn't have any sophisticated protocols in place to handle the media in the event of emergencies, so they ended up saying things that sounded very suspicious, whetting the public's appetite.

Honestly, this "case" has been so thoroughly discredited that even the UFO believers don't believe it anymore.

That's what they want you to believe!
ocalhoun
D'Artagnan wrote:

That's what they want you to believe!

Or perhaps they encouraged UFO theories on purpose...
If people are busy thinking about little green men, then they won't spend time thinking about top-secret technology.
menino
lol Ocalhoun... or even the current economic situation.

Who knows if it is real. And if it is, how will that help any of us?

People will want to see it, and it will be more of a tourist attraction, than anything else.

But it might inspire someone to actually build a space ship, moreso than today, rather than by just governments and Richard Branson. Laughing
ocalhoun
menino wrote:
And if it is, how will that help any of us?

If a real crashed UFO was found, it could be of great benefit.

A- We would know that we are not alone in the universe, and that others are alive within visiting distance... Which would greatly enhance the effort put into SETI type programs... And it might give them more clues about what exactly to look for.

B- We could study the technology in the UFO, at least what was left of it. Careful, intense study of it should lead to numerous scientific breakthroughs. New materials, perhaps new propulsion/lift systems, and perhaps even a better understanding of how the light-speed barrier might be broken.

C- We could study the remains of the alien life (if any) present on it, learning more about the only other intelligent species found, and learning some about the alternate evolution on that planet, which might even lead to a better estimate of how many planets in the area could support life. If they came from a planet or moon in our solar system, we might be able to identify their home by looking at their bio-chemical makeup.

D- If the UFO had something like computers onboard, they might survive. It would be extremely difficult, but data might be retrieved and deciphered... Just think of the wealth of knowledge that might provide... Heck, it might have a star-map of the local area with all the life-bearing planets highlighted... Or it might let us learn their language enough to communicate next time we see them... Or it might indicate the home-world of the ship... Or it might include schematics of new technology... Or it might contain hints about why they came, and what their plans are for us (if it contained mainly data about Earth's wildlife, our culture and language, et cetera, that would be a good sign; if it contained mostly data on our communications networks and military bases, that would be a very bad sign)...
yagnyavalkya
In June and July 1947, many NYU balloon flights were initiated from Alamogordo Army Air Field in New Mexico. These flights had very long trains carrying up to 24 neoprene sounding balloons, with a total length of about 2000 meters
Many of the materials used in Flight 4 bear striking similarities to pieces of the Roswell debris. Charles B. Moore, Jr. (October 28, 1920 – March 2, 2010) an American physicist, engineer and meteorologist, known for his work with gas balloons was actually a was a graduate student working for New York University NYU back in 1947 says that the hypothesis that NYU Flight #4, which he helped launch on June 4, 1947, was the source of the debris Brazel found on the Foster ranch, and therefore the source of the “Roswell Incident” itself bear prominent resemblance to some of the Roswell debris.
Flakky
Haha,

My bet is that all alien sighting in America are either made up by "attention-loving-people" or are rumors from a cover up. I really liked the rumor that they found an alien metal. This "metal" would go back to it's original form when you crumble it. This was self-repairing metal technology and someone found it in the desert!

It was a mixture of plastic and aluminum, it is invented by top secret American researchers and is found nowadays in bags of crisps Wink
yagnyavalkya
I read that there was something in the wiki leaks about aliens is it true?
Bikerman
Of course not.
Assange believes the US are hiding alien craft/sightings which is actually one of the main reasons that wikileaks was setup in the first place. I think he is out to lunch on that notion.
ham65
Technology is running too fast to me....
ocalhoun
Bikerman wrote:
Of course not.
Assange believes the US are hiding alien craft/sightings which is actually one of the main reasons that wikileaks was setup in the first place. I think he is out to lunch on that notion.

Yep. If the US government really was hiding something like that, somebody would have leaked it a long time ago.
loonix
Indi wrote:
this "case" has been so thoroughly discredited that even the UFO believers don't believe it anymore.

Its nice to have an opinion yourself but such a blanket statement as this? Really? If its okay I'd like to hear their opinions first hand Wink

Bikerman wrote:

For what its worth I believe wikileaks is a tool of the controllers to erode/cease/diminish a 'free' internet. Enter 'Anonymous' stage left. Another character used by the establishment to meet the same agenda.
Indi
loonix wrote:
Indi wrote:
this "case" has been so thoroughly discredited that even the UFO believers don't believe it anymore.

Its nice to have an opinion yourself but such a blanket statement as this? Really? If its okay I'd like to hear their opinions first hand Wink

Then by all means, go ask them.

Some suggestions of where to start
  • Kent Jeffrey. Start with the sidebar.
  • Karl Pflock, perhaps the most dedicated researcher of Roswell ever - the man who tracked down every single alleged witness and grilled them. He ended up publishing a book with the damning title Roswell: Inconvenient Facts and the Will to Believe.
  • ... and many more, of course. In fact, just about the only member of the original crew who made Roswell a major phenomenon who still believes it was an actual alien incident is good old Friedman... and, bizarrely, what he's most famous for in Roswell circles is publishing evidence that his own evidence was fraudulent. Go figure.

Or just wiki it if you're lazy.

i don't make "blanket" statements unless i can back them up.
Bikerman
loonix wrote:
For what its worth I believe wikileaks is a tool of the controllers to erode/cease/diminish a 'free' internet. Enter 'Anonymous' stage left. Another character used by the establishment to meet the same agenda.

It isn't really worth anything.
Wikileaks is a poor tool to use for such an agenda. It would be far easier to release a few 'top secret' documents and credit them to a terrorist organisation. It would also draw support, where as most people I know think that wikileaks is more believable than the Governments concerned...
spinout
One thing is good - there is no death penalty no more for telling about ET's... and the documents stored in goverments are spread.

It didn't make any difference! The only memorable moment is former space travellers telling that there is life elsewhere and they can tell it without beeing shot!

Roswell - WHO??? WHO??? I wonder who wants to land in a shit-house! Why even bother to land in a place that this where we just kill each other!
yagnyavalkya
Now I read a that there was a flying disc crash in Roswel
shomesnehanjan
OUr knowledge only but subjective. This is the count of how many incedents we have faced. Rosewell seems very credible but without proof you cannot vouch for the authenticity of the event.
_AVG_
I think if extraterrestrials had come in contact with us, we would definitely know. It's a bit too difficult to hide such information, no matter how powerful you are.
Josso
Quote:
If people are busy thinking about little green men, then they won't spend time thinking about top-secret technology.

</thread>

imo
Bikerman
shomesnehanjan wrote:
OUr knowledge only but subjective. This is the count of how many incedents we have faced. Rosewell seems very credible but without proof you cannot vouch for the authenticity of the event.
Nothing about the supposed 'Roswell Incident' strikes me as particularly credible. It outrages common-sense to believe that an alien craft would travel 27m* miles (try working out the distances involved, even assuming relativistic dilation and craft capable of speed close to c), and then crash on the first planet it came across.....

* m is a covariant complementary quantity. As such it has no specific value, but can be thought of as a quantity which requires a lifetime of education, a 24mm spanner, and a lot of lubricant, simply to squeeze into a human mind. 27m is therefore a bloody long way.
ocalhoun
Bikerman wrote:
and then crash on the first planet it came across.....

I know you can do better than that.
Surely you can come up with a refutation more robust than that:

The alien spaceship didn't crash on the first planet it came across. It crashed on the first planet with radio signals, after exploring many other planets. The radio signals obviously interfered with its ability to navigate, and it crashed.
...or perhaps another explanation?
It crashed on the first planet with life. They weren't prepared for the effect that bacteria would have on their semi-organic technology.

...There are lots of things that Earth has that most other planets don't have. And some of those things could plausibly cause an alien spaceship to crash.

Oh, and lately, I've come up with a very satisfactory explanation of the incident.
The 'craft' was a balloon, but not a weather balloon as the cover story says.
In WWII, both the Japanese and the British used balloon-carried bombs/cables floating on upper air currents to cause damage to the enemy.
The craft found in the Roswell incident was a further development of such devices... perhaps even with the idea of using them to deliver nukes. It also explains the 'high-tech' materials found: experimental balloon materials to make it more light-weight and capable of higher altitudes.
Since the US government wanted to keep its experiments in that area a secret, they made a cover-up and called it a weather balloon, rather than the attack balloon that it actually was.
It might remain a secret to this day because the US doesn't want the attack balloon concept to be discovered by any of its enemies (despite the fact that it wasn't very effective when the Japanese used it against the US). The idea could be dangerous if terrorists figure out how to use it.