FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Green Day

riyadh
When i first saw 'American Idiot' i thought Green Day was another one of the new rock bands wantingto hit big in the charts. But afetr i saw 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' and 'Wake me up when september ends' i have changed my view. They r now one of my favourite rock bands. Very Happy
angelo
I don't like greenday before but after boulevard and wake me up tracks, I began to like this band! I don't know why their music have shifted from punk to something smooth and ballad.
Well I guess, I have to say....two thumbs up for this group!
wwe4life
I very Like GreenDay!!
The Best Album: "American Idiot"!!

I like - "She's A Rebel"! That COol!
Twikki
I think green day are the best band ever!!!111one

but i think that too many people like them and it has become annoying to hear there songs everywhere
avblue
I like them. I saw them in concert about a month or so ago. They were awesome live. I was never really a huge fan of them until their American Idiot CD came out. I mean I liked a few of their songs but I was never a huge fan. It's too bad their music now is overplayed on the radio, though. :p
dan751
Green Day is one of my favorite bands also. I have about 30 songs from them. They're a pretty good band.
Craneses
dsfds
valkyrie-heavens
ummm... green day isn't new. they've been around for a while. they had the song "time of your life". it was a pretty popular song. but yeah, I LOVE GREENDAY!
Twikki
dan751 wrote:
Green Day is one of my favorite bands also. I have about 30 songs from them. They're a pretty good band.

u should get international superhits to boost ur collection
MasterC
Greem Day went a bit commercial in now. They rocked when they released Dookie, in `94. Now... they are not punk anymore Sad
Splitlife
My number one favorite band is Green Day. Some of their old songs aren't that good, say like, Jaded. But a couple of my favorite albums by them are American Idiot and Warning.

My favorite songs by them are in this order:

1 ) American Idiot
2 ) Holiday
3 ) Boulevard of Broken Dreams
4 ) Jesus of Suburbia
5 ) Wake Me Up When September Ends
6 ) Warning
7 ) Blood, Sex, and Booze
8 ) Letterbomb
9 ) Minority
10 ) Basket Case
11 ) King For A Day
12 ) Longview
13 ) Welcome To Paradise
14 ) Deadbeat Holiday
15 ) St. Jimmy
16 ) Nice Guys Finish Last
17 ) Whatsername
18 ) Poprocks and Coke
19 ) Isomniac
20 ) Burnout

So yeah, Green Day, is, like I said, my all time favorite band.
Travis
Splitlife wrote:
My number one favorite band is Green Day. Some of their old songs aren't that good, say like, Jaded. But a couple of my favorite albums by them are American Idiot and Warning.

My favorite songs by them are in this order:

1 ) American Idiot
2 ) Holiday
4 ) Jesus of Suburbia
6 ) Warning
8 ) Letterbomb
9 ) Minority
10 ) Basket Case
11 ) King For A Day
12 ) Longview
13 ) Welcome To Paradise
14 ) Deadbeat Holiday
15 ) St. Jimmy
17 ) Whatsername
18 ) Poprocks and Coke
19 ) Isomniac
20 ) Burnout

So yeah, Green Day, is, like I said, my all time favorite band.

I have the same taste that you
practically taste of the same music of the green day

some tie in the same order
jarcelao
you guys should listen to their album Dookie... imho, that is the best green day album ever... pure punk with melodic tunes... Cool
marekdebowski
Green Day is awesome! My favourite songs are:
1. Holiday
2. Basket Case
3. American Idiot
4. Boulevard of Broken Dreams
5. She's a Rebel
6. Extraordinary Girl
7. Wake Me Up When September Ends.
ealonfena
Yes it is very popular in Turkey and I like it too
twiztid
jarcelao wrote:
you guys should listen to their album Dookie... imho, that is the best green day album ever... pure punk with melodic tunes... Cool

the dookie album owns that new american idiot thing
mckenneth
wwahhaa... I think thyr cool,,,, I even made a friendster (bloggin site) skin of GREENDAY...

U guys might wana check it out...

>> http://mckenneth.mc.funpic.org/kenneth.php

note that you have to use IE... otherwise you may see wierd thingzz lyk shifted tables and stuff...
dan751
I will post all the songs that I have of Green Day on Monday (I have to go for now) in this post.
Twikki
I have about 4 green day albums so I have quite alot of there music *calculates*...62 plus alot more songs on my computer

The albums I have
American Idiot (13)
International Superhits (21)
Warning (13)
Dookie (15(including extra track in F.O.D.))

Altogether this equals 62 (well it should)
Raijenki
I like American Idiot and Boulevard Of Broken Dreams...
They are coool !!!
JoeCool
MAN, That really dissappoints me! Everyone keeps thinking that Green Day is A New band, WRONG! Green Day has Been Around since 1990 and has released many chart toppers, and excellent albums since. DOOKIE was excellent my fav until American Idiot. Unlike some of the Green Day Fans Just because i was angry to see Green Day go Commercial and "soften" a little doesn't mean I don't appreciate thier new album. I own the American Idiot album and I have decided it is my fav album from them. Anyway just thought I should poin that out to those who wasn't aware! oh and looking forward to a new album release. Anybody know of one?
Twikki
Yeh I hate the opsers that say im a hard rocker cos I listen to Green Day it annoys me
hcjgh
i like the most When september ends and basket case!! They are one of a few good bands at this time:)
babaoriley821
I'm not a big fan of American Idiot. Not because I think they "sold out" or "sofened up" I just don't like it as much. Dookie is excellent. I am sick of hearing about Green Day like they just busted on the scene. If you haven't heard their old stuff then don't claim they are your "FAVE BND OMG!!!" at least listen to their old stuff once.

As far as American Idiot goes, it's not so much that I don't like the songs on it, its more the overall feel isn't to my liking. Also the pseudo-political songs need to have more to do with what's actually going on rather than just songs about how war is bad and Bush sucks. It's okay to be political but if you're going to make your whole album political at least make it go deeper than that. But as long as you enjoy the music than who really gives a shit but me.
pldunbaracademicteam
yea i like the song, holiday, the most. it just seems to sound btr than the other songs. american idiot is another decent song and prolly somewhere in my top 5 songs made by them. yea but i think almost evry song made by green day is awesome!
sergio_ykz
Green Day is cool and "She" is your best music...
Twikki
i prefer when i come around a bit better but whatever floats your boat
Yvonne
I think Greenday is very cool. I saw them on Rock Werchter. Great!
My favorite song is Boulevard of broken dreams. But American Idiot and Wake me up when september ends are also very nice!
af169
very good !
Huhnteufel
I've always liked Green Day, but they aren't my favorite band. American Idiot would be good, but there's too much hype with the album. Yeah, it's a good album, but it's nothing astounding, and it's definitely overplayed on the radio.
ddukki
Dookie is my all time favorite Green Day album. Followed closely by Warning and Nimrod. Of course, these are their old stuff.
Luis
green day rox
my favorite music of green day is basket case
i play drums in my band and play this music Wink
4patlar
lie lie green day not popular in Turkey...ahh dont like this music..dont like green day ......CARLCOX::::::::
hiroki-star
Greenday are so crap it hurts.
Honestly they are so mainstream they make manson look normal.

Greenday suck, and I hope people will realise that soon
pencapchew
Wow

Yeah for one, green day has been around since like the late 80s. Back when they were good. I'm sick of those "OMG GREEN DAY!!!1 I LOVE WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS!!!!! BILLIE JOE IS SO HOT!!111" fans. Those are the kinds of people who only like green day because they are mainstream. They were cool when they actually did it to make good music, not just to sell out.

Billie Joe died his hair black and wears eyeliner
hm that's not queer at all
ya emo

as for "wake me up when september ends," it's one of the most blatantly obvious songs I've ever heard. It's got no lyrical or musical depth, and the fact that everyone loves and it's being played all the time annoys the piss out of me.
hiroki-star
pencapchew wrote:
Wow

Yeah for one, green day has been around since like the late 80s. Back when they were good. I'm sick of those "OMG GREEN DAY!!!1 I LOVE WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS!!!!! BILLIE JOE IS SO HOT!!111" fans. Those are the kinds of people who only like green day becasue they are mainstream. They were cool when they actually did it to make good music, not just to sell out.

Billie Joe died his hair black and wears eyeliner
hm that's not queer at all
ya emo

as for "wake me up when september ends," it's one of the most blatantly obvious songs I've ever heard. It's got no lyrical or musical depth, and the fact that everyone loves and it's being played all the time annoys the piss out of me.

*applauds*
headless
Yeh Green day's pretty kool. i started to be a fan like around this year. since than i've enjoyed there songs. the first album i ever bought was american idoit which is like the BEST! and my favorite song off american idoit is probly track 1 "american idiot". its fully fully Sic Man! Cool
1day
Green day is alright but when you listen to them a bit too mcuh its gets boring (my bro listens to them ALL the time and tries to play them on his guitar). One thing i odnt undertsnad about some of you is that you actually like American Idiot when it actually sucks a bit..

i still prefer the music they released a while back compared to these one Cool
traxion
the now album of them is so cool
i cant get it out of my head and i will never do it

im listing it over 1 mond now and i still love every bit of it

greenday is just so cool
Twikki
The new video came out the other week

12 minutes long!!!! which is probably a record holder

The song itself is a record holder
stiffler
Green Day has always had a place in my CD/playlist rotation. Basket Case is my favorite song...!
Tom7
Green day is probably my favourite rock band, in fact possibly my favourite band, i really like 'Wake me up when september ends' i saw the film clip today, its pretty good.
tingkagol
They're even much better live. They are one of those bands that sound really good in a concert.
jlbribeiro
Green Day rules! I think their great, especially American Idiot of course. Because of that, they received an EMA for the Best Rock band.
annihialator
I like Green Day alot!

Mostly these songs:
1 ) American Idiot
2 ) Holiday
4 ) Jesus of Suburbia
6 ) Warning
8 ) Letterbomb
9 ) Minority
10 ) Basket Case
11 ) King For A Day
12 ) Longview
13 ) Welcome To Paradise
14 ) Deadbeat Holiday
15 ) St. Jimmy
17 ) Whatsername
18 ) Poprocks and Coke
19 ) Isomniac
20 ) Burnout

I saw that somebody else in here had the same likes, well I with ya!
criticaldensity
TRUE STORY!!! On the back of Dookie, theres a photo of an audience and someone holding up a Bert doll. That photo was taken at The Trocadero in Philly in ... 1992 or so, during the Kerplunk tour ($13 tix and a crowd of about 200). And I was at that show. Also, in the photo is a young guy with long straight blonde hair you barely make out. His name is Jim and though we didnt know each other then, we would eventually become friends 3 years later in college.
word!!
pldunbaracademicteam
GREEN DAY IS BALLER!!! of course coldplay is awesome too but green day is still most definitely my favorite. their american idiot album really caught me!!! thats why my top 2 songs are american idiot and holiday
4patlar
dont like green day
Rolla76
I really like them. I admire that they are standing up for their political beliefs and using their music too get their message accross. Good on them!!

Love Ya Greenday
inesquecivel
I love this song...

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends

like my fathers come to pass
seven years has gone so fast

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost

the innocent can never last

ring out the bells again
like we did when spring began

here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are

as my memory rests
but never forgets what I lost

The innocent can never last

Like my fathers come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast

Very Happy
Dino
yea, wake me up when september ends is great song
CamiBor
Green day are ROCKKKK!!!! they are very good!!!!!
Aki
I usually don't like rock all that much but I have to say greenday has some really good songs. Boulevard of Broken Dreams has to be my favourite out of their songs.
Eyanir100
green day rulez
basket case is the best song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tior
I like Green Day,but im unhappy that they now dont play any punk.Its still more an more commercial shit band,sry i had to say it Laughing
Marston
The newer Greenday stuff is suckage.

The older Greenday stuff is amazing.
joshwong
I was a fan of greenday a while ago, back during Dookie. They never grew very popular until American Idiot, which is a shame because their older albums have far better music.
fayettemat
riyadh wrote:
When i first saw 'American Idiot' i thought Green Day was another one of the new rock bands wantingto hit big in the charts. But afetr i saw 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' and 'Wake me up when september ends' i have changed my view. They r now one of my favourite rock bands. Very Happy

i have to say the same thing for myself
cute
i love green day my favorite song is holiday
onemoment
I used to love them when i was 13.. and all through high school. now that im 21, they're still around and as big as ever, but they've lost what made them so great in the first place. their raw energy and originality...

now they've just been sucked in to this homogenised mainstream version of rock for the masses, and they sound just like any other generic rock band on the radio. Mad

remember when billie used to be obnoxious, and that rockin light blue guitar? long live dookie. Very Happy
anxiety1
what are greenday doing?

releasing songs with U2?? thats ruined them for me
soulman
Oh I love Greendays, their music is awesome~~
BlockUp
I've listened to Green Day since Kerplunk! and since then theyv'e changed. I think that too many people got into them when they released American Idiot. Not that it's a bad album, just that Green Day suddenly became extremely mainstream. Most #1 FANS don't even realise that they've been a band for almost seventeen years.

When they released American Idiot, everything changed. Their look, what their songs were about, what the songs were actually like. The list is endless. I did enjoy Homecoming from American Idiot a lot. I think they matured a lot and are now singing songs with serious, relevant political messages.

To be perfectly honest, I'm suprised I haven't seen many Green Day bashers on these forums. Green Day were outcasted by their own punk scene when they became mainstream, that's what their song 86 was about.

To all you new Green Day fans: get to know the band a bit better, and you'll realise that there older stuff is just soooooo much better than American Idiot.
Cole
Completely the way I feel BlockUp.

I love there older stuff a lot. Very good stuff!
PunisherLee
i like greenday

esp the songs that they sing in the concert

so amzing~
googliz
green day isn't new. they've been around for a while. they had the song "time of your life". it was a pretty popular song. but yeah, I LOVE GREENDAY!
Dredge
riyadh wrote:

You didn't know anything about Green Day until American Idiot? Check out some of their older stuff, it's much better.
tizziano
i hate that
The Phoenix
Actually..i hated almost all of the previous songs b4 American Idiot, except for 1 or 2 like 'Time Of Your Life'(that song is damn good).
It was only after that album that ther popularity skyrocketed cuz that album wuz waaaaaay better than their previous 1's.
rfarrand
do you really think green day is a new band? they have been around for like ever now...cd albums by them: dookie was the first that i can think of, but i think there was even one more that, but maybe that was the first one...then came, time of you life, can't think of the album name that, that hit song was on, and then i think there was even one more before american idiot hit the stands ... if you think they are new, you should do some research...and listen to some of their other songs...they are great as well!
tumpat
Dookie album best...

espeacially chump...
pinkpeople
From the moment that I heard Green Day for the first time I became a big fan. There music is so different from all the other music that ons tv or on the radio.
I don't like the fact that now every body knows them. And is listning to it. You hear there music every where, the music is great but I like bands that are unknown here in the Netherlands.
My favorite song I think is Longview. I can hear it all day and don't get sick of it.
Twisted Evil
Blu_Spykz
A band can't really expand and become "famous" without achieving fame...

Although, I prefered Greenday pre 2000. Now they are over hyped, over-rated and overly crap.
Kelcey
Green Day has to be one of my favorite bands of all time.
Nutteloos
I actually prefer American Idiot over most of the older albums... especially the longer songs. The older albums are just not that much my style, though every once in a while I listen to them, too.
iNs@nE
I will not deny the fact that I was a hardcore fan of Greenday until pretty recent.
If you observe properly, Greenday's music is good but it aint better than most other rock bands.
They have a different kind of melody which people prefer.
Most of you here say that you became great fans of Greenday after "American Idiot"...
That album rocked but anyday I feel "Dookie" was much better...!!

Greenday will live..only hoped Billy Joe didnt waste his voice for it..!
welshsteve
Good band. If you like the American Idiot song, you should check out an earlier album of theirs called Dookie. Excellent stuff on that. Basket Case, Welcome to Paradise, When I Come Around. Plus if you leave the CD playing after the last song has played, there's a bonus track on there called All By Myself. It's hilarious and sounds like that "Half Way Down The Stairs" song from the Muppets (Kermit's nephew) HAHAHA
jds10912
Dookie kicks ass
i justed listened to the whole thing last night, along with blink's Dude Ranch and Enema of the State (i'm in a very mainstream pop-punk mood)
suuch great albums

American Idiot was alright, and it was a good listen through, but it isnt anywhere near as timeless as Dookie
Dr Carruthers
I know they are hyped. I know they can't play their instruments. But I can't deny that I love them.
Okay, maybe that thing they did with U2 a few months ago, that was a bit too much for me.
But their concert was awesome (saw them a year ago), they did a very tight, fast, energetic gig. I mostly listen to other bands now. But Green Day still makes me dance and jump around my room, air guitaring and shouting.
BlockUp
Also, I love the bass line of Longview...
It's wierd, it has no definate key but its a brilliant bass line!
My friend Simon gets puzzled when I play it during jams because he has no idea what to play on keyboard with it.. ha...
tingkagol
dookie was pretty much mediocre. insomniac was ok- better than all their albums just by an INCH. nimrod ok. warning ok. american idiot ok.

i feel indifferent for this band. haven't heard kerplunk yet.

and yeah, 86 is one of the better songs off insomniac
BlockUp
^^Kerplunk = AWESOME
Love Christie Road
mattyj
Green Day's best stuff is from their earlier albums...

my favourite is Dookie, cant go passed songs like She and When I Come around, Nimrod is also a good album and has my fav green day song, The Grouch Smile

American Idiot is ok, but Wake Me Up When September Ends is too slow!!!
random
Green day were once my fave bands, they stood against everything that was mainstream music, they didn't follow trends or give into selling out.

Their earlier albums like Slappy hours and Kerplunk and freakin amazing and they show what TRUE punk/rock is, Gree Day have now just evolved into another band that are cometing for people's attentions.

All those kids who now want to be seen as 'cool' are running around saying how great Green Day are and how they are their biggest so you ask them what album they like best and they look confused and didn't even realise they had more then American Idiot, but they do, they have like 12 albums out but all these wannabe kids are just yalling 'Billie-joe is so hot!'...if you ask me his former chubby self is so much better and yes to all those wanna be Green Day there is more to Green Day than just Billie-Joe, if you ask me Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt don't get half the respect they should.

There seems to be a trend for band like these with people liking them because it's cool, bands like Fall out Boy and My chemical Romance.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying these bands aren't good all i'm saying is the people running around thinking it's cool to pretend to like them...they suck!

Ok this wasn't meant to offed anyone but it's how I feel.

Rant over.
RhysAndrews
This saddens me. Green Day used to be an alright band - not my style, but I still appreciated them because their old music was fairly good compositions. Their new music? Absolute mainstream stereotypical crap. It might sound nice, and if people like it fair enough - but it's no different to the music composed by all the other Punk/Emo Bands - Power & Open Chords in the same scale, and very similar lyrics. Good Charlotte, MCR... I could go on. I can only differentiate them from their singers voices.

Really. If they sound good, fine - but they're no different to all the other punk bands out there.

-Rhys
welshsteve
Stereophonics have gone the same way. Their first couple of albums were very good, but it's been ordinary ever since.

Having said that, alot of bands are the same. Oasis are another prime example of losing that rawness in latter albums. Their first album, Definitely Maybe, is by far their best album.
rongsen
I say greenday is a great band......mos call them grand-daddies of punk.....their album nimrod was one of the best i listened to....then warning ....their album american idiot is just great i must say.....i wonder if they are working on a new album...?
anticitizen1
BlockUp wrote:
^^Kerplunk = AWESOME
Love Christie Road

That's right!
Great Song!
One of my lies also is a great song.
pinkpeople
I LOVE them!
A few years ago I heard one of their song and from that moment I'm a huge fan!
Greatest song: Brat.. but also Jinx is very cool!
I like almost every single one of them!
Twisted Evil
Green day for ever hahaha Wink