FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

could i Upgrade my free account upto 50GB bandwidth

thedinh
my admin,
I'm building a system website, but the bandwidth 10 is not enough,
and could i upgrade my hosting bandwidth to 50BG?
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thanks and regards
Bondings
No sorry, that's not possible.

By the way, you have very negative points and your hosting can be removed at any moment now. I suggest you request a points reset (on your account page) and then keep your points positive.
thedinh
Quote:
By the way, you have very negative points and your hosting can be removed at any moment now. I suggest you request a points reset (on your account page) and then keep your points positive.

yes, thank admin. I will do that now
nepalstar
Bondings wrote:

May I know what is the "request a points reset" means..? is that reset negative points to 0 without posting... or something else? but I'm happy my points are not in negative...!
sonam
nepalstar wrote:
Bondings wrote:

May I know what is the "request a points reset" means..? is that reset negative points to 0 without posting... or something else? but I'm happy my points are not in negative...!

Yes this request reset negative points to 0 without posting. But if you don't start to post this is useless request. The better solution is keep your points over 45 and get coins for any post. Actually 45 points is new ZERO for someone who want to gain coins. Very Happy

Sonam
gphoenix
yeah...very very right sonam...and mate who posted this post..youre points are way too low..youre getting everything here for free. why cant you just post atleast one simple post per day..afterall frihost seems to be reliable..
sonam
AdenKevin wrote:
I know what a "request for the restore point" means ..? is that it points to zero for negative without sending ... 0 or something else? but I'm happy that I have negative points ...!

How I see you haven't negative points and this is good if you want to apply and keep free hosting. Some very busy members sometimes go to negative points. In that case Bondings allow them to request "Points reset requests" (not "request for the restore point") and start again from zero. But I don't think he allow this option for new members but maybe I am wrong. Shocked

Sonam
ocalhoun
The points reset request is for people who had hosting, but then left for a long time, which made their points go very far into the negative.
It is that way so that they could start back earning new points from 0. Without a reset, they would have to earn a huge amount of points just to get back to 0, and then they would still be at 0, and back at -1 on the next day.

It lets people who have come back from a long lapse in posting get a fair second chance.

--And it's intended for people who have a lot of negative points. You shouldn't use it if your points are only slightly below 0.
sonam
Quote:
It lets people who have come back from a long lapse in posting get a fair second chance.

Is it possible to get third/fourth chance, too? For example: I am now on -234points (actually not Smile ) and Bondings reset my points on zero. Then after one year I am again on -123 points (what mean I was half year active). Can I ask for new point reset?

Sonam
ocalhoun
sonam wrote:
Quote:

Is it possible to get third/fourth chance, too? For example: I am now on -234points (actually not Smile ) and Bondings reset my points on zero. Then after one year I am again on -123 points (what mean I was half year active). Can I ask for new point reset?

Sonam

If you start having a pattern of using it over and over again, the requests might be denied.
It's to give you a second chance to post like you're supposed to, not a second chance to let it lapse again for a while.
sonam
ocalhoun wrote:

If you start having a pattern of using it over and over again, the requests might be denied.
It's to give you a second chance to post like you're supposed to, not a second chance to let it lapse again for a while.

Thanks, now is everything clear. Very Happy

Sonam
loremar
Wow, I didn't know frihost has a reset request. Ain't frihost the greatest ever?
sonam
loremar wrote:
Wow, I didn't know frihost has a reset request. Ain't frihost the greatest ever?

Yes it is! Very Happy I am here lot of years and I didn't find any free hosting with more certainty for my site.

Sonam
rajpk
hi
i am very happy with frihost.com
i have hosted one of my site here and also installed forum on it. it was a great experience.
and
the things i like if you cant reply or cant post for a long time your points will be negative:( but don't worry you can request for point reset Smile so your points will be zero and then you can be active to make these point to greater than zero
during this duration your hosting will not be deleted and your data will not be lost Smile
now
frihost offering domains which is another good thing:)
earn 350 coins and request for domain you will get it Smile
FRIHOST The Best

ocalhoun
rajpk wrote:

during this duration your hosting will not be deleted and your data will not be lost Smile

In practice, yes.

But in theory, your data could be deleted any time your points are negative.
Generally, this only happens when the server is full... but since there's no way to tell when that might happen, it's best to keep your points in the positive.
loremar
rajpk wrote:
frihost offering domains which is another good thing:)
earn 350 coins and request for domain you will get it

Don't get so excited about that. It's already a month since I requested for a free top level domain. and I still have not receive a Godaddy coupon. But hopefully you should enjoy visiting the forums inspite how much disappointed you get.
kolastreet
i want have any coins ..
i have posted alot of posts and 2 subjects of them took about hour and no coins XD
what should i do ??
sonam
kolastreet wrote:
i want have any coins ..
i have posted alot of posts and 2 subjects of them took about hour and no coins XD
what should i do ??

A lot of posts is little bit too big sentence in your situation, isn't it? Check around other active members and see how many posts they have. BTW, if you are reading carefully this thread you will find out reason why you aren't get coins. The reason is: only if you have more then 45 points then you will get coins in return. First gain 45 points and then keep the points EVERY day higher then 45 and you will get coins in return.

Sonam
GuidanceReader
If I knew I was going to be away from the forums for a period of time (i.e. to go on holiday/vacation for a period of time) is it possible to request a freeze on the lowering of my numbers in advance???..

It's not that hard to keep my numbers above 45 when I'm around, but I don't usually take my computer with me when I go away, and don't want to be losing my points. (I'd be happy to use my coins to pay for my points to be frozen at 45 when I go away too...).

Not that I am planning any trips in the very near future.

kolastreet wrote:
i want have any coins ..
what should i do ??

You've only done 13 posts... You need about 40-50 posts to get to 45 points and then post every day after that. Any points over 45 at the end of the day get converted to coins, so that your points are reset to 45.
Ghost Rider103
GuidanceReader wrote:
If I knew I was going to be away from the forums for a period of time (i.e. to go on holiday/vacation for a period of time) is it possible to request a freeze on the lowering of my numbers in advance???..

It's not that hard to keep my numbers above 45 when I'm around, but I don't usually take my computer with me when I go away, and don't want to be losing my points. (I'd be happy to use my coins to pay for my points to be frozen at 45 when I go away too...).

Not that I am planning any trips in the very near future.

kolastreet wrote:
i want have any coins ..
what should i do ??

You've only done 13 posts... You need about 40-50 posts to get to 45 points and then post every day after that. Any points over 45 at the end of the day get converted to coins, so that your points are reset to 45.

There is currently no way to put your points on "hold" or anything similar.

Though usually if you go away for a while and you're already at 45 points, unless you take months worth of vacation days, you'll probably be just fine.

If you're real worried about it, PM one of the staff and let us know. We will place an information ticket on your account (visible to staff only) this way of any questions/concerns come up regarding your inactivity, we will have some reference as to why.

It will also give you a better chance at a points reset. Though I wouldn't recommend a points reset unless you are real far in the negatives.