FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WINDOWS 8

ryndel24
Very Happy
Windows 8? ?
soon
nam_siddharth
Windows 8 will come in 2012.
ryndel24
Quote:
As we’ve known for some time, Microsoft had already begun work on Windows 8 before Windows 7 was completed. The reason being that different teams work on different aspects of the operating system, which is why Microsoft was able to do this. Microsoft previously shed some light on what we can see in Windows 8 through a job description.

It appears though, that one specific Microsoft employee was not too careful with their LinkedIn profile, and had accidentally leaked some interesting details regarding Windows 8. According to his LinkedIn profile, which seems to have had many of its details removed, Robert Murdon has been working at Microsoft since January 2002. Windows 8 News managed to catch this on the Microsoft employee’s LinkedIn profile before it disappeared:

Murdon seems certain that we will see 128-bit compatibility with Windows 9, while it appears that whether we will see it in Windows 8 or not is still uncertain. Coincidentally, many do believe that Windows 7 will be Microsoft’s last 32-bit OS. So could this mean we will see Windows 8 come in 64-bit and 128-bit flavors? Let us know what you think in the comments.
mOrpheuS wrote:
Quote tags added. Please use quote tags around text that you haven't written yourself.
ryndel24
nam_siddharth wrote:
Windows 8 will come in 2012.

cant wait for the release
bj_espiritu
ryndel24 wrote:
As we’ve known for some time, Microsoft had already begun work on Windows 8 before Windows 7 was completed. The reason being that different teams work on different aspects of the operating system, which is why Microsoft was able to do this. Microsoft previously shed some light on what we can see in Windows 8 through a job description.

It appears though, that one specific Microsoft employee was not too careful with their LinkedIn profile, and had accidentally leaked some interesting details regarding Windows 8. According to his LinkedIn profile, which seems to have had many of its details removed, Robert Murdon has been working at Microsoft since January 2002. Windows 8 News managed to catch this on the Microsoft employee’s LinkedIn profile before it disappeared:

Murdon seems certain that we will see 128-bit compatibility with Windows 9, while it appears that whether we will see it in Windows 8 or not is still uncertain. Coincidentally, many do believe that Windows 7 will be Microsoft’s last 32-bit OS. So could this mean we will see Windows 8 come in 64-bit and 128-bit flavors? Let us know what you think in the comments.

still using windows xp..
nam_siddharth
Quote:
Coincidentally, many do believe that Windows 7 will be Microsoft’s last 32-bit OS.

There is no reason to release Windows 8 in 32 bit. No new CPU is coming in 32 bit now. So when Windows 8 will come, all 32 bit CPUs will old enough to not support any new Operating System. Even today only few 32 bit CPUs support Windows 7.
dude_xyx
I guess there is no need for Windows 8 or whatever next released to be 32 bit though they will release a 32 bit version as a standard. I till use a Dual Core PC with 2 GB RAM and Windows XP is my Operating system (use Linux in another PC). I didn't upgrade to Vista and have no plan to use Windows 7 in this PC either. Window XP is enough for me. But next time I buy a new system it will be a 64bit one since there is no point of buying a 32bit computer anymore. Then I ll have to buy latest Windows version whatever it will be.

I hope New Windows version will have something which makes old version users press to upgrade to it.
slashnburn99
No need for 8

Windows 7 is the best yet it is how Windows 1 should have been Twisted Evil
thedinh
Laughing Laughing , I wonder how we will use the products of microsoft??
because win xp, vista,7 are still good. is it right??
Now there are a lot of people all over world using win XP.
do we need win 8??
I think the answer is NO
Laughing Laughing Laughing
watersoul
I'm happy enough with XP, it does the job I need it to and enough people have had plenty of time to look at security holes etc so I feel comfortable hiding away in what is now an "old" MS OS, using firefox to surf the net.
amperx
i find it hard to really make a move to win8 when it will be release, cause last time i remember i didnt move frm winxp to win7 if i hadn't lost my install disk and had to get one from a friend XD
LostOverThere
This topic might be useful. Wink
newage34
i think dont will good windows 8 Very Happy
metalfreek
Let us first enjoy windows 7 because in my view its the best OS from Microsoft after windows 98.

We don't need windows 8 for at least 5 years I guess.
The-Nisk
Windows 7 is ok. But as for 112-bit architecture (incidentally, isn't it 128-bit?), I'm pretty sure (hope) linux will be first. Regardless hardware has to come first!
ProwerBot
I'm still using XP, 512mb ram and a celeron :/ time for an upgrade soon.
ankur2010
Yes,Windows 8 is Coming in 2012 for sure.
I've read it in a article by Microsoft. Cool Bill Gates and Steve Confirmed this...!!

n It will be more fabulous that what we are experiancing in Windows 7 Razz

Waiting for it...!!
Abhishukla
well, windows XP is really very very ggod OS till date, but if we want to use some new software on our computers then their may be case that, Windows XP is not going to support, in that case you have to upgrade to a higher version of OS.
After Windows XP the release of Vista by microsoft was one of worst OS i have seen ever in my life.
But now we are using WIndows 7 which has lots of new features and it has lots of features which we where missing in XP. So still we are missing many many such more things which we can hope in WINDOWS 8 and in higher version release.
nivinjoy
I don't think they will release it with the name Windows 8.. There are chances to introduce a new name for the Operating System. And for sure they will be releasing the 64 - Bit editions on a large scale from now on.
menino
As far as windows releases have been concerned, every alternate release seems to be better.
like windows 3 was bad, then came windows 3.1 which was a bit better and then windows 3.11 which had some quirks with networking.
Then came windows 95 which was ok, and then windows 98 which had some quirks, but then windows 98 second edition was really quite good.
After that came XP, which again had some quirks, but after service pack 2, it was quite stable.
Then came Vista which again had quirks, but then came windows 7, which is quite good.
I'm sure windows 8 may have some quirks before they release a service pack again to stabilize it, and subsequently, the next release of Windows, which would be windows 9, or codenamed something else.

We can only wait and see.
nivinjoy
There are many unofficial websites related to Windows 8 launch and features coming up. For more details have a visit to the following sites:

http://windows8center.com/

http://windows8news.com/

http://windows8beta.com/

Though all the information given in the websites may not be true to that extend they provide some links to the MSDN blog leaks.
Bikerman
menino wrote:
As far as windows releases have been concerned, every alternate release seems to be better.
like windows 3 was bad, then came windows 3.1 which was a bit better and then windows 3.11 which had some quirks with networking.
Then came windows 95 which was ok, and then windows 98 which had some quirks, but then windows 98 second edition was really quite good.
After that came XP, which again had some quirks, but after service pack 2, it was quite stable.
Then came Vista which again had quirks, but then came windows 7, which is quite good.
I'm sure windows 8 may have some quirks before they release a service pack again to stabilize it, and subsequently, the next release of Windows, which would be windows 9, or codenamed something else.

We can only wait and see.

Well,
first was Windows 1 - a poor offering - just a shell around the MS-DOS executive.
then Windows 2 - improvement - could use expanded memory.
then Windows 2.1 - the 386 version could multitask for the first time on a PC
then came
Windows 3, 3.1, 95, 98, me, xp and 2007
(the NT/2000 platform was designed for servers and high-end machines so wasn't really a normal consumer range - it wasn't till XP that m/soft integrated the two).

I don't think the 'alternate issues' theory holds up if you consider all the releases.
I tend to go with the 'wait until the first service pack is released' method of deciding when to upgrade.
menino
Quote:
I don't think the 'alternate issues' theory holds up if you consider all the releases.
I tend to go with the 'wait until the first service pack is released' method of deciding when to upgrade.

Yes Chris, I guess you are right and I was kind of generalizing and making a figure of speech.
Its true, that the first release is usually buggy, until the service packs are released.
Bikerman
menino wrote:
Quote:

Yes Chris, I guess you are right and I was kind of generalizing and making a figure of speech.
Its true, that the first release is usually buggy, until the service packs are released.

That is one of my major gripes with M/Soft. They tend to use the paying customer as beta testers far too often for my liking. I know the counter argument - Operating Systems are hugely complex and 'there is always one more bug'. Microsoft, however, have been deadline driven too much in previous years. Get the product out was more important than make sure it works...
mahirh
nam_siddharth wrote:
Quote:
Coincidentally, many do believe that Windows 7 will be Microsoft’s last 32-bit OS.

There is no reason to release Windows 8 in 32 bit. No new CPU is coming in 32 bit now. So when Windows 8 will come, all 32 bit CPUs will old enough to not support any new Operating System. Even today only few 32 bit CPUs support Windows 7.

are you mad ? there are tons of them which support this windows seven my dell from 2004 still supports this windows seven ultimate complete with aero capability (its 32 bit) even a processor from 2001 can support it , which is obviously 32 bit
Fire Boar
It sounds like you're the exception there. 64-bit is a technology that has been struggling out of the door for a while now, and now it's sufficiently established I think dropping support for 32-bit hardware (not software, obviously) in their next operating system would be a sound move for Microsoft.
Plaintiff
Why should i take windows 8? Windows 7 sucks, vista sucks too and xp is PRO?
surdy
ryndel24 wrote:
Very Happy
Windows 8? ?
soon

You are just to impatient for a windows user. Razz Razz
If you want a new release often use Linux Razz
mahirh
Fire Boar wrote:
It sounds like you're the exception there. 64-bit is a technology that has been struggling out of the door for a while now, and now it's sufficiently established I think dropping support for 32-bit hardware (not software, obviously) in their next operating system would be a sound move for Microsoft.

but not worldwide , that is why people still use 32 bit with the exception of Us and Europe and that is why 32 b it software still exist (im not writing from a time machine , )
the-guide
Nothing but just try to get more money!!!

It seem that Microsoft try to leave old versions behind!!!
They always create new versions... too often
but NEVER allow existing users upgrade for FREE
or even at special price.

I HATE THEM!!!

If Windows 7 is no longer work well
I will go with LINUX soon,

NOT WISH TO BUY WINDOWS again. Twisted Evil
mahirh
the-guide wrote:

well , for office 2007 , they offered upgrading to office 2010 for free
and if you have windows vista you can upgrade to windows seven directly at harf or quater the price and time
and from your post , i think your writing is based on reviews (often exaggerated) and not from experience
nivinjoy
mahirh wrote:
the-guide wrote:

well , for office 2007 , they offered upgrading to office 2010 for free
and if you have windows vista you can upgrade to windows seven directly at harf or quater the price and time
and from your post , i think your writing is based on reviews (often exaggerated) and not from experience

Upgrade is preferably not recommended as compared to fresh installation..
mahirh
nivinjoy wrote:

Upgrade is preferably not recommended as compared to fresh installation..

well , financially its better , or if you still have vista installation cd , install vista again (i think you could even do it as a trial installation) after than , install the upgrade only windows seven cd and enjoy low price and a almost fresh windows 7 installation , because microsoft did not want to buy a os licence for high prices again after you have bought another os from microsoft for high price ~4 years ago and they even allowed free upgrade from office 2007 to office 2010 , they gave low prices for students in america with .edu email adresses and still some are shouting macs(over priced slabs of silicon gaffer-taped) are better
Calebskillen
Windows XP is very ggod operating system to date, but if we use a new software on our computers, then your case may be that Windows XP is not compatible, in this case is necessary level to a higher version operating system .
altafbhai
Yes,Windows 8 is Coming in 2012 for sure.
ankur2010
Microsoft recently told that Windows 8 is supposed to be the 8th windows but it may come up with a different name rather than windows 8 and by the mid of 2012,it will be in the market...!! Razz
gs-resume
At the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Microsoft announced that it would be including support for system-on-a-chip (SoC) and mobile ARM processors in Windows 8.
Abhishukla
recently we have news that, Microsoft will launch Windows 8 in 2013.
maicoprince
Windows 8 will be revolutionary evolution. A completely new file system is mentioned. No details on this new file system is public, but we can speculate on its origins. Microsoft's R & D at any time, several new operating alternative systems research.
deanhills
I'm still on Windows XP and can't understand why I need another operating software. Exactly what bells and whistles are going to make things easier? As far as I can see, it will just make it more confusing? I would have to upgrade my hardware and buy new software?
mahirh
maicoprince wrote:
Windows 8 will be revolutionary evolution. A completely new file system is mentioned. No details on this new file system is public, but we can speculate on its origins. Microsoft's R & D at any time, several new operating alternative systems research.

seems like microsoft has decided to go in the way apple did , new filesystem , ms branded laptops etc.........
inuyasha
I'm looking forward to the new features. Very Happy It was said that no 32-bit version would be released. As a result, I would probably have to buy a new computer. Though I don't want to throw away my current one.
ProwerBot
I don't think there's gonna be 128bit because we have not heard of it yet. I also think 32 bit should stay because it's still plenty useful. Hell I'm running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, and my processor supports 64.
br0909
looking forward to it, not
ProwerBot
I guess it doesn't matter if they discontinue 32 bit because there will still be millions of people using 32bit OSes so they will be forced to still write drivers for them.
Arty
Windows XP will be discontinued around 2014. The majority of computers and laptops released today are running 64 bit systems. the majority of programs released are running 64 bit. it's only a matter of time for 32bit to die.

RAM is getting cheaper and cheaper, and you need 64 bits to support more than 4GB of ram. 64 bits is also faster and better performing.

When Windows XP becomes discontinued, 32bit will descend in obscurity.
Asap170
dude_xyx wrote:
I guess there is no need for Windows 8 or whatever next released to be 32 bit though they will release a 32 bit version as a standard. I till use a Dual Core PC with 2 GB RAM and Windows XP is my Operating system (use Linux in another PC). I didn't upgrade to Vista and have no plan to use Windows 7 in this PC either. Window XP is enough for me. But next time I buy a new system it will be a 64bit one since there is no point of buying a 32bit computer anymore. Then I ll have to buy latest Windows version whatever it will be.

I hope New Windows version will have something which makes old version users press to upgrade to it.

My CPU supports Windows 7 32Bit!
socialsp
I had seen a lot of previews about windows 8, so far is looking great, but I don't believe on leaked versions. Last week I did download one of those famous windows 8 leak versions and what I found was a Windows 7 ultimate with a transformation pack. So as soon as Microsoft release the beta, I will test it out.