FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to download streaming flash video?

baboosaa
we can easily get programs for downloading video available in youtube because they are in flv format. but some site broadcast video in flash format. i couldnt find any software which lets us to download streaming flash video. Does anybody have any idea?
meep
flash video = flv, so I don't know what you're trying to ask Confused
can you provide more information?
baboosaa
i was trying to say how to download .swf vidoes?
baboosaa
there is a site https://www.richdadworld.com , i was searching about R kiwoshaki and i had found that site and i also signed up for the free access to its program but when i tried to watch the video then i was disappointed because my internet connection was unstable and speed was not upto the minimum level of smooth running of the video so i tried to download the video. then i realized that it wasnt like the video that we find in youtube.so can any one help me.
the video in the site are copyright protected and i assure you that it is only for personal use

to watch video you have to sign up ( it is for free)
https://www.richdadworld.com >>> sign up >> media center>>> richdad coaching minutes archives>>> videos
thankyou
meep
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/765598/how_to_download_swf_files_using_firefox/

in case the video doesn't play, you have to use firefox.
1. open the page where the video is located.
2. right click and select page info
3. go to the media tab
4. find the .swf, select it, and click on save as
5. play it using your favorite swf player.
nivinjoy
If you are using Firefox you can download videos and flash files easily.. Here i will explain how to do it..

First of all install an addon to Firefox named Flash and Video Download with which you can download the video and flash files with a single click..!!

After installing the addon at the right hand corner of the browser screen you will be able to see an down arrow icon, by clicking on which it will show which all video or flash files are downloadable from the website that you are currently browsing..Click on the icon an the video or the flash files gets downloaded to your download location automatically..!!

This is very easy to do and you can get this addon from the following link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/53003/
Marcuzzo
that addon will download the .swf

I use this one: 1-Click YouTube Video Download
you can download FLV, MP4 and 3GP.

Then you could use ffmpeg to convert the video. or for those that don't like the command line, there is a front end for it hyper video converter
Arseniy
All mentioned above... or you should just launch your windows explorer and crawl into your browsers cache to take out the file you need. Google for the link to the cache, I don't remember them for different browsers plus I use Ubuntu, and there everything is different.
Works pretty well to me with a shortcut at a quick launch bar.
nivinjoy
Marcuzzo wrote:
that addon will download the .swf

I use this one: 1-Click YouTube Video Download
you can download FLV, MP4 and 3GP.

Then you could use ffmpeg to convert the video. or for those that don't like the command line, there is a front end for it hyper video converter

The 1 click Youtube video download addon is only for downloading the Youtube videos and with that you can't download flash videos.

So in that case the Flash and video download addon would be a better option when it comes to multi tasking with which we can download flash files, video files and even audio players with the mp3 file embedded..

Also i want to tell you all one thing. Please keep in mind to restrict yourself from the usage of these addons if they seem to cause an infringement of the copyright condition or ownership policy..!!
soljarag
you could just dig through your internet temp files for the .flv file, then use winvlc to play it
nivinjoy
soljarag wrote:
you could just dig through your internet temp files for the .flv file, then use winvlc to play it

I don't think this would work out properly..!!
speeDemon
ah.. I think Real player SP can download all kinds on online streaming videos.. I'm not a 100% sure about .swf files, but I do remember downloading some games in .swf format which did work and some which didn't.

You can google for the software on google, btw it's free
amperx
use firefox, then install the addon videodwnloadhelper it just desnt download videos, but also all the media files with in the page, including swf files Very Happy
nivinjoy
amperx wrote:
use firefox, then install the addon videodwnloadhelper it just desnt download videos, but also all the media files with in the page, including swf files Very Happy

Actually i had tried this addon before..But i couldn't make it work successfully. That's why i switched on to Flash and Video Download addon
nam_siddharth
Have you tried "Download Accelerator Plus". I hope it will do the job.
nivinjoy
nam_siddharth wrote:

No mann.. DAP is for speeding up your downloads..not to particularly download some files..(I think so)..
rjraaz
baboosaa wrote:
we can easily get programs for downloading video available in youtube because they are in flv format. but some site broadcast video in flash format. i couldnt find any software which lets us to download streaming flash video. Does anybody have any idea?

Ok if i understand you want to extract video information from swf file.

for that you need some software that can decompile swf file to its elements
(called swf decompiler).

i think i give you enough hint for that.
mahirh
nivinjoy wrote:
nam_siddharth wrote:

No mann.. DAP is for speeding up your downloads..not to particularly download some files..(I think so)..

if my memmory is correct , it has a built in media downloader (swf files)
icechild
i think internet download manager(IDM) also works. try downloading and installing it. after which you right click on any flash video and simply download.

www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html or http://www.brothersoft.com/internet-download-manager-4896.html
Flakky
nivinjoy wrote:
If you are using Firefox you can download videos and flash files easily.. Here i will explain how to do it..

First of all install an addon to Firefox named Flash and Video Download with which you can download the video and flash files with a single click..!!

After installing the addon at the right hand corner of the browser screen you will be able to see an down arrow icon, by clicking on which it will show which all video or flash files are downloadable from the website that you are currently browsing..Click on the icon an the video or the flash files gets downloaded to your download location automatically..!!

This is very easy to do and you can get this addon from the following link:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/53003/

Downloadhelper is another good'un. Can download almost all streams. Smile
gamato
thanks
uzzy22
atube catcher is free app,
jaska is for advanced user
rjraaz
uzzy22 wrote:
atube catcher is free app,
jaska is for advanced user

Can you provide link for it. Rolling Eyes
Abhishukla
Well, if you are using firefox to browse internet than i will suggest you to install one click you-tube downloader. but, if you are using any other browser or you want to download any flash or .swf from any other site than i will suggest you to install orbit. Orbit is a great software, you just install it and enable the grab++ option, before playing the video which you want to download. Now, after playing the video you will see that a window will pop-up their you will find the link for .flv or .swf file. Now. just select that link and hot download. it will download that file.
SultanMA
Just install Internet download manager program and it will show you a pop up for every flash video to download.

Sultan ,,,