FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SLIPKNOT

Kurt Cobain
Who likes SLIPKNOT here? Alquem knows some site where has videos for downloads?
petgraveyard
Alas, I do not know where you can find videos, however I would like to offer some friendly critique of Slipknot for you to digest.

Why do we need to wear masks and act like we are in Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The world may never know. Have they ever actually sung a song? No. Screamed it, yes, but sung, no. Still, I can't get over the Texas Chainsaw Massacre look. What is the deal with it? Can you explain that for me?
althalus
Actually, Slipknot "sing" on quite a few songs (Vermillion pt.2 comes to mind). I don't listen to them as much anymore. Dunno why... And about the masks, why not? Should everyone look the same and sing the same music? Dress in fancy clothes and have a slick haircut? Sing with clear high (ugh) tones, and maybe dedicate every song to love?

Seriously, Slipknot is doing *their* thing and I believe it would be very dreadfull to listen to music after a while if they (and all other bands) weren't allowed to have their own idea and do what they like.
nakamaru
althalus wrote:
Actually, Slipknot "sing" on quite a few songs (Vermillion pt.2 comes to mind). I don't listen to them as much anymore. Dunno why... And about the masks, why not? Should everyone look the same and sing the same music? Dress in fancy clothes and have a slick haircut? Sing with clear high (ugh) tones, and maybe dedicate every song to love?

Seriously, Slipknot is doing *their* thing and I believe it would be very dreadfull to listen to music after a while if they (and all other bands) weren't allowed to have their own idea and do what they like.

Wait and Bleed also is mainly sung.
Zero
Th dummer is awesome Very Happy I was in one live-concert and enjoyed lots of it
threezeroone
I don't like Slipknot.
snowflake
I like People Equal ----, lol. Slipknot is okay.
Hippie
I'm not a huge fan of slipknot either, but in their defense, they can put on a pretty kickass live show. A lot of things that they do are quite smart, for example they have the two guys that don't really play anything. They just hit these big keg-like drums with baseball bats, and fight with each other...But it definitly gets the crowd into it. Yeah and Props to the drummer as well. Anyone that can make a cool sounding drum solo while strapped to the set, and hanging upside down has some skill.
Twikki
I like the song before i forget
MasterC
Hihi, Slipknot, nice band Very Happy

I liked them a lot last year, they were my favourite band. I still have a t-shirt with this band Very Happy

Anyway, Vermilion Pt.2, nice song Smile
soilgrain
The two guitarists, drummer and singer are extremely talented. The rest are just there for shock value. It's great, theres always something to look at on stage.

To answer the masks question......Why do people go and watch movies where the actors are playing/doing something that doesnt in anyway represent themselves in real life?

It's because their real personalities arent exciting! It's much more fun to watch someone play an interesting character then to watch them be themselves.

And no, im not saying you have to neglect your true self, rah rah rah.
alto_elfo
Self titled is your best album imho.. second one kill feed etcetc :)

regards,
silli
I prefer more melodic metal. Slipknot just beats they're drums and scream to mic Sad
lpbrasil
Yes i like much this band, and i have a brazillian fan site of this great band Very Happy
xisong
Confused I don't like them...and theyrs musik as well too
Marston
computers pwn slipknot
leandrow
Slipknot is one of the best bands of the present time..!

Cool

Left Behind is very crazy \m/ !!!
nakamaru
They have a great video of Slipknot performing Duality on Leno on google video.
silentkarma
I love Slipknot! My favorite album is Iowa! I wish I could see them in concert. Joey Jordison is my idol, my favorite drummer of all time. Laughing
BlackMask
I don't like Slipknot.
trilogy456
Kurt Cobain wrote:
Who likes SLIPKNOT here? Alquem knows some site where has videos for downloads?
launch.com has videos (and commercials every few videos) . The sound quality is bearable and the video q. is so-so.
anxiety1
i dont really like them

all though i wouldnt mind seeing them live, they do make me laugh
soldeinvierno
nakamaru wrote:
They have a great video of Slipknot performing Duality on Leno on google video.

Thanks, I'll have a look
serdar47
I love SLIPKNOT...number one.
jeremyyak
Yup yup Very Happy
Slipknot is awsome, got every album execpt for the Slipknot Live one. Live albums never sound too good Razz

Duality is probably my favorite song Wink

And yes there slipknot has alot of 'singing' songs...Volume 3: The Subliminal Verses for example, that entire album has many 'singing' songs.
~Jeremy~
eqdsign
OK, Slipknot... Not my favourite band ever, but Slipknot kicks ass!!! now i would really like to say somethong about their masks: first of all they are starting to show their true faces more and more (Corey and Jim are in Stone Sour, unmasked, Joey is in Murderdolls, again, unmasked, and Shawn plays in To my Surprise). OK, the thing with the mask is to hide their own identity and to show a different part of their own self!

Slipknot has some great lyrics to their pieces, my fav song is The Shape, followed by The Nameless and Left Behind!

BTW, their last album, the live one sound really good! it has some nice intermission parts and sounds OK, except Duality, i don't quite like how it sounds on this release!
ninjakannon
Slipknow are great, although I have a grand total 0 songs by them. I really should get some. I like their style and the overall sound of the songs that they sing/play, but I can't comment on the lyrics as I can't remember any of them Razz
Ducksteina
I pretty like Slipknot - some songs from them are really good. Also, I think they have a pretty cool live show. Smile
theSilverstein
I was obsessed with slipknot back in the day when there first LP dropped. I had that whole thing memorized. It was a teenage angst type phase I guess. They just came across as a bunch of mentally ill MF's pissed off at the world, and I totally dug that. I saw them live during that time, and the show was sick. I even made my own jumpsuit for halloween (i know its dorky, but like i said, i was obsessed). Anyway, I guess I grew out of the whole thing - I'm still a cynical bastard who hates the world, however.
Sickness
From Slipknot I only like the Mate, Kill, Feed, Repeat album... I think it's the best.
Francisckrs
slipknot is one of my favorite bands of all times, they rule
cyph33r
I really enjoyed their first album, and Iowa was good too. I haven't bought the Live album though. They have some really cool videos, i especially like the video for 'Left Behind'. I'd have to say my favourite songs of theirs are 'No Life', 'Diluted', "Only One' and 'I am hated'. I tend to like their heavier songs over the 'signing' ones. The original 'Mate feed kill repeat' was quite good, although i haven't head all of it and most songs were redone on 'Slipknot'.
achowles
They're okay. I can't help but feel that they're massively overrated though. There are a lot of similar groups out there that are far superior in every respect.

Amorphis springs to mind as a good example of what I'm talking about. There's also Strapping Young Lad, Gojira, Sybreed, Interlok, Turmion Kätilöt, Ram-Zet & Meshuggah all of which completely own Slipknot amd aren't too different in terms of sound.

My advice would be to check out some of the groups mentioned above. I think that you'll see what I'm talking about.
Ozzy
I only liked there first two albums, "Slipknot" and "Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat."

After that they turned to mainstream, and I disliked them, but each their own...