FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Malwarebytes detect frihost as potentialy malicious website

bukaida
I have recently installed Malwarebytes Anti-malware. But when I am trying to open www.frihost.com,
It is blocking the site by identifying it as potentialy malicious website.The log report is attached below-

Code:

09:29:57   (null)   MESSAGE   Protection started successfully
09:30:10   (null)   MESSAGE   IP Protection started successfully
09:32:55   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
09:32:58   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
09:33:01   (null)   MESSAGE   IP Protection stopped
10:02:11   (null)   MESSAGE   Protection started successfully
10:02:35   (null)   MESSAGE   IP Protection started successfully
10:10:54   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
10:10:57   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
10:10:59   (null)   MESSAGE   IP Protection stopped
10:48:22   (null)   MESSAGE   IP Protection started successfully
10:48:50   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
10:48:53   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
10:48:59   (null)   IP-BLOCK   64.120.224.222
10:49:36   (null)   MESSAGE   IP Protection stopped

I have to manually stop the protection to open this site. Is there any compatibility issue with MBAM?
dude_xyx
Strange. I use NOD32 and COMODO Internet Secuirty and they have never had problem with Frihost.
Bondings
It seems like they block our ip address. I don't know why it happens, though. You can ask for it to be removed in their forum I think: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=42 .
thedinh
I think the antivirus bukaida uses has problem. I'm using the software kaspersky internet security and everything is right.
Arseniy
Hehe, Linux pwns. No protection and all works great for almost one and a half year.
bukaida
Quote:

I think the antivirus bukaida uses has problem. I'm using the software kaspersky internet security and everything is right.

I am using KIS 2010 too and it is not complaining anything. I wouldnot have bother if any other program complained. But Malwarebyte's Anti-malware is quite reputed program.
jmlworld
bukaida wrote:
Quote:

I am using KIS 2010 too and it is not complaining anything. I wouldnot have bother if any other program complained. But Malwarebyte's Anti-malware is quite reputed program.

Bukaida, this is called false alarm! I use Kaspersky, one of the few best anti-viruses ever created and I have never seen anything identifying Frihost as potentially malicious website!
menino
Malware bytes is a good software for anti-malware and anti-spyware.
I'm surprised that it found frihost as potentially unsafe.

I use TrendMicro AV, and it has website filtering and it doesnt give me a porblem with frihost.
bukaida
I have complained about this in their forum as suggested by Bondings. Let me hope that they remove frihost IPfrom blacklist, in their next defination update.Till today's update, it is trying to block.

MBAM forum
nivinjoy
I strongly feel that it is a false alarm.. Because i use Nod 32 antivirus, Comodo Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security suite 2011 and till now i have not received any alerts..

And for more convincing report just now i ran a virus check for the URL www.frihost.com in the site www.virisutotal.com. The site generated the following results..

URL Analysis results
Firefox - Clean site
Google Safebrowsing - Clean site
Opera - Clean site
ParetoLogic - Clean site
Phishtank - Clean site
TRUSTe - Clean site
URL info:
Normalized URL: http://www.frihost.com/
URL MD5: c1d2a1167b10e5726e66cd018b712d27

Hence i feel that the alert reported by Malware Bytes is just a bug or a problem with your ISP routing.. Anyway try reporting this issue in the Support forums for Malware Bytes Anti malware..!!

Even the issue continues after that means just throw the thing out and install a new and more efficient antivirus like NOD32 or Kaspersky..!!
bukaida
It seems this is a frequent aspect with them.

See The list of Complains

They have added a ignore function with the latest release.So now I can create my personal white list.

BTW, MBAM is not a substitute to antivirus or firewall.I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 along with that.
nivinjoy
Ya.. Then its better to uninstall the thing right..?? Because you are very much protected by Kaspersky. Then what is the need of Malwarebytes..I think Kaspersky would take care of all that this thing does and may be in a better way..!!
jmlworld
nivinjoy wrote:
Ya.. Then its better to uninstall the thing right..?? Because you are very much protected by Kaspersky. Then what is the need of Malwarebytes..I think Kaspersky would take care of all that this thing does and may be in a better way..!!

I agree with Nivinjoy. You don't need another ant-virus along side Kaspersky, unless you're defending the White House network system Very Happy
nivinjoy
jmlworld wrote:
nivinjoy wrote:

I agree with Nivinjoy. You don't need another ant-virus along side Kaspersky, unless you're defending the White House network system Very Happy

Hey thank you mann and i love that statement..!! If there was a LIKE option as in Facebook then i would have liked it..
bukaida
Finaly they have added frihost to their white list. I have posted some of our forum's reaction to the malwarebyte people. Perhaps that acted as catalyst. I think that the suggesstion of removing the product by nivinjoy and some others, is the key Wink .Thanx nivinjoy.
mOrpheuS
bukaida wrote:
Finaly they have added frihost to their white list.

Applause

As "MysteryFCM" on Malwarebytes forum says, it probably was some other site that was hosted on the IP, before FriHost acquired it -
Quote:
I'd like to point out, it was never the frihost.com website that was the problem.
nivinjoy
bukaida wrote:
Finaly they have added frihost to their white list. I have posted some of our forum's reaction to the malwarebyte people. Perhaps that acted as catalyst. I think that the suggesstion of removing the product by nivinjoy and some others, is the key Wink .Thanx nivinjoy.

Always welcome mann.. And thank you all for extending support for Frihost.com. It shows the unity among the Frihost members in any matter..

And finally a Happy Ending.. Thanks to all..
D'Artagnan
never heard of it, still until chrome doesn't pop an malware notice i'm never aware