FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you/do you work at McDonalds?

Parkour_Jarrod
I do work at McDonalds as a part time job to pay for food and gym and phone and board when i can afford it...

I am being trained to be a Crew Trainer XD

But i find the work is constant so not boring at my particular store there is a good bunch of people and all in all it is a friendly workplace...

If you do/have ever worked at a McDonalds what is/was your experience?
pll
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

But i find the work is constant so not boring at my particular store there is a good bunch of people and all in all it is a friendly workplace...

There's always tons of people at McDonald's loll!

Where I live it seems to be a good place to work for students and it seems that since the company is really big it's real plus on your Resume.

Here, it's a plus on a student resume when he goes to another job application.
watersoul
Never done it myself, but done similar work, and have many friends who walked a path with that corporation when it suited their lives.

Its a job, be proud when you're paying for the things you buy with the money you earn.
It can be a career as its a multinational, and that will suit some people. But it can, and is, a corporate beast that everyone can use every now and then to raise a bit of income if they need to.

I don't do McD's that often, but I always treat the people serving me, when I do, just the same as the people who serve me at the bank - with respect.

It's customer service, and hard work having to smile and be friendly when you're dealing with some of the less desirable elements that "the public" sometimes brings...respect to you Smile
PureReborn
Never worked there myself. But my friends who worked there during high school/early uni seem to enjoy it somewhat. Good clean place to work at least.
Bluedoll
Never worked there but had a nice friend that did and they liked it. Always wondered later how they made out in life? He told me at that time (long time ago) there was a Mac-college somewhere in USA that trained people. He wanted to enroll and someday actually manage his own francise.
c'tair
Never worked in McD's, but I probably wouldn't like the chaotic, fast environment.
Now I work as a computer technician in a very big electronics chain store and it ensues a lot of lulz because people bring in their laptops with things stuck in their PCI slots Shocked Razz .
And the pay is good, well above average and it's just an entry level seasonal job with a chance I might stay for part time.
deanhills
Friends of mine worked there and although the work was really hard, and sometimes unforgiving, the management training they received was fantastic for their later careers.
Blaster
I go into McDonalds and laugh at how many people they have working. I work at a sort of fast food restaurant and we make harder food for about just as many people.

And no I have never worked there. My parents own there own business so I work there instead
Parkour_Jarrod
Blaster wrote:
I go into McDonalds and laugh at how many people they have working. I work at a sort of fast food restaurant and we make harder food for about just as many people.

And no I have never worked there. My parents own there own business so I work there instead

With the McDonalds enterprise and the procedures we have (in Australia we have a Made For You MFY style line) we have to have that many people (around 7-8 our back 4-5 drive through and 2-3 counter on our busiest times) We make on average 112 burgers every 15 minutes. Though last week we make ~228 every 15 minutes for an hour...
macky
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
I do work at McDonalds as a part time job to pay for food and gym and phone and board when i can afford it...

i tried before to worked on the other.. .and it is really a tiring job...i earned a lot, thats why i also helped

my parents earning a money...it is quite enjoy also... Wink Wink Wink
inuyasha
I've never tried to get a part-time job, actually. I really appreciate the way most western college students live. Yet in China it's not quite common. We usually devote ourselves to studies and aim at the scholarship. It seems that we Chinese students rely on our parents too much.
therimalaya
I think there is not any McDonalds in my country, so there is no question for me to work there... But i usually hear a lot about McDonalds.
Mrs Lycos
I have, I just commented on another thread about McDonalds. In my experience, as a job it's very stressful, and it was ok when there are a lot of clients, we had to serve them as fast as possible. But I didn't like tha fact that even when there were no clients, we had to work nonstop as well, and even clean over cleaned.
A positive thing is that I learnt to organize myself to do a lot of things at the same time in a short time - just as you are forced to keep the pace of the kitchen timers at McDonalds. For example, you place the burgers at the oven, then you got like 4 minutes, so in the meantime, you toast the bread, then the bip sounds, and turn burgers over, then the bip sounds, and get the bread out, and put lettuce, tomato, etc and then the bip sounds and the burgers are ready, so there you go to finish them up and wrap them up and get them to the bin so that they are served hot.
So whenever I have a lot of things to do, then I think about what can be done while another thing from the list doesn't need my full attention, so I give an order of priority, - time overlapping - and I can manage to do them all.
linux1993
I don't do it before. But I am considering to do this in next summer days.
nguyenvulong
well I rarely come to MC Donald, and sure I don't work at MC Donald, but I think part time job there would be nice, at least you're gonna get bored with such fast food like that.

Good for your health Wink
standready
I don't even go to McDonalds if I can avoid it. Service at my local one sucks!
Afaceinthematrix
I have never worked at McDonald's - nor would I ever work there. I have no problem with food service - I have done it. But I am against the type of food that McDonald's promotes (meat eating and unhealthy obesity giving food in general) and so I will not be a part of it. I sold tools and fitness equipment throughout my high school and college days and those are things that I use, that people legitimately need, and that help people. I had no problem selling those and would have no problem doing food service at a health food (preferably vegetarian) place.
TheLimey
No I have never worked there. I know people who have. The only fast food place I worked is subway... defiantly very clean there and I will continue eating there.
subhan1
i have never worked there but keep in mind no work is small - we should not feel ashamed of doing anything Smile
PS I would love to work there to earn some $$$ for my bills Very Happy
bluepig83
I've never worked at McDonald's, although I imagine it might be stressful what with sometimes unreasonable and belligerent customers. Or possibly uncooperative co-workers or disgruntled managers. But I guess it depends on each location - some seem a lot more nicer than others.
johans
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

wow! that is an amazing work experience. Fast food chain specially mcdonals program is a nice idea. many here in my country finished school due to financial aid working as a part time in mcdonals.

Now a days i hard many successful person was have experience working with mcdonals as a part-time. Great new!

I hope mcdonals will continue its program until the next generation. of-course the have also benefits for it since you are working a t mcdonals you got low salary including some other benefits with runs there store profits a millions.. really nice ideas
mshafiq
i did not have chance to work at mcdoneld.but i am going there almost daily for a cup of coffee.i like cofee from mcdoneld.
jordivh
I don't work at MCDonalds but it seems fun
RoylanM
I've never ever worked at a McDonald's fast food. As soon as I finished all my college stuff and walked out with my masters degrees in Technology and Law, I got me a job as a lawyer and when I decided to change careers I became a web developer and so on. I've always made good money so I'm able to pay for pretty much everything I want and need. Because I made the right choices in life and stayed on task I was able to get a decent job. Now I'm earning thousands of dollars in my line of work. A fast food joint is below me.
mshafiq
i did not work at McDonald.I completed my master Degree in electrical engineering and got job.
SpaceInvader75
I have taken fast food jobs when I couldn't find anything else. I don't like it, but maybe it is just my personality. I worked at Sonic and Whataburger, which I think are similar to McDonalds. I found that working in such a fast paced environment was pretty stressful for me, and I would prefer to work somewhere I am learning more valuable experience, since I do not plan on being a fast food manager.

Now, I may find it necessary to work at McDonalds or a similar place in the future, but I will avoid it if I can for the reason I listed above, plus some more important ones:

McDonalds is a good example of a business system designed to primarily hire people at low wages. I don't like this concept in principle, or personally. I don't like it personally, because I would almost have to be the manager of the store to get paid more than a marginal wage (this is based on relative's experience at similar places). And in principle, I would rather work for or do business with a smaller business.

I know there are many other companies that operate on this same sort of model (which is why we have outsourced so many jobs) but that doesn't mean I want to work for those companies either. I would rather focus on being self-employed, and NOT build my business so that I hire employees for minimum wage because almost none of them need to have very many skills (that would increase their pay).

I know somebody mentioned this to, but I don't even like the food at McDonalds, and I don't like the principle of just eating something fast and cheap that doesn't even taste good and is bad for your health, so that is another reason McDonalds will probably be one of my last choices as an employer.