FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestions?

Bluedoll
My attitude is everything for me. If, I feel energy from someone opening a door for me at the shopping center, reading a good book or just something internal like making up my mind to have a great day, I really can be inspired however the opposite applies to.

Should I blame myself if someone slams a door, writes trash or I think something negative?
Some say avoid anything which makes you feel lousy but is that really the answer?

It would be nice to only be only around people that are positive but you can not always have that. I do not wish to turn my self off as like an unfeeling zombie or cold hearted cynic so I am constantly looking for coping methods and positive attitude techniques.
Anyone have any thoughts about keeping yourself up for the benifit of your overall health?
jwellsy
Your attitude and energy are dependent/defined by external sources?
Do you happen to be a psychic/emotional/energy vampire?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_vampire
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
Do you happen to be a psychic/emotional/energy vampire?
Laughing Like your way with words.

Seriously though. Must put an enormous responsibility on a person to want to control positive and negative in him or herself, not to mention others. For me every person's positive is directly connected with an equal and offsetting negative. Today may be on the positive side, and tomorrow the negative, and I think most people (with the exception of self-destructive types) don't really choose negatives. I've also made my peace that I cannot be responsible for other people's positives and negatives. I could have compassion with them when they are out of sorts, or be irritated or appreciative depending on the other person's positive and negative, but the only part that I can be in touch with really is my own positive and negative side, as much as I can. As the two for me are really interconnected, and even with the best of intentions I may wake up in the morning and really be in a lousy mood, and get into an even lousier mood while I am trying to fight and control it. Only part that I'm always happy about is that the lousy mood will blow over eventually and thankfully it always has so far.
Bluedoll
To answer your question jwellsy, no I am not a vampire! That is something I am not interested in so did not click on the link.

I would say that my attitude is not dependent on external sources but would be lying if I said I was oblivious to external sources.

Yes, that is what the post is about how we are affected by things around us both positive and negative. I am being brave enough to use my own person as an example as I know myself well and know that I can speak with some knowledge when it concerns me.

Thank you for you post Deanhills. ďI've also made my peace that I cannot be responsible for other people's positives and negatives.Ē That is so true isnít it? And I think all things pass eventually thatís so true as well, so why sweat it?

Meanwhile, in everyday life, things are still going on as usual and I wonder if that is what I am trying to do, control something, whether it be internal or external when I should only be attracted to it or not.
standready
I hard it difficult to not be brought down by other peoples attitudes. I try my best to stay positive but when you are surrounded by so negative - I need to move.
Bluedoll
Move, move over, move on, get over it, get on with it, yeah? Really have to ask myself the question why am I here when curses surround me but then I suppose if I can learn something the gain is I survived? If I can not move in a positive direction I should take a step back, perhaps. Move where @standready?
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
Move, move over, move on, get over it, get on with it, yeah? Really have to ask myself the question why am I here when curses surround me but then I suppose if I can learn something the gain is I survived? If I can not move in a positive direction I should take a step back, perhaps. Move where @standready?
Or become a terrorist? *... just joking*. Sounds as though you have a very healthy attitude, most of your postings are more than positive in content. Smile
agbor
Health life can imropve or bring out the beauty in you. i have come to notice that those who take good care of their health look good hahahahahah it sounds funny but its the truth. Good food is very impotant in healthy living and dont forget clean environment too.
macky
live life through the fullest... just enjoy and have fun... try not to become too serious... Smile
deanhills
macky wrote:
live life through the fullest... just enjoy and have fun... try not to become too serious... Smile
Excellent philosophy. Personally I like to have at least a few laughs a day. I like to surround myself with people who can always see something light when things get too serious. Smile
Shiny
Hi, Bluedoll, it seems like you are very sensitive to the energies of other people. Don't blame yourself for bad feelings. It's natural to not like something. Try to come to terms with the fact that there will always be things that you donít like. Things are not bad because you donít like them and you are not bad because you donít like something. We live in such a diverse world, there are things, places, people, actions, words and feelings to satisfy each personís taste, but you donít have to like them all. You just need to choose the ones that you do like and pay attention to them and ignore the rest.

Every person has a positive side and itís up to you whether to look at the things that you donít like about this person or try seeing the best in everyone. I personally find it so much easier to be positive and kind and considerate towards others when people see me as such. However, when someone sees a bad quality in me and thinks that that is the entire me, I donít feel like showing any of my good qualities to that particular person.

You cannot avoid negative feelings, but you can learn to appreciate them. When you are feeling bad it only means that you are looking at something you donít like, so you only need to start looking at something that pleases you. The more you practice, the easier it is for your mind to find things around you that evoke positive feelings in you.
deanhills
Shiny wrote:
You cannot avoid negative feelings, but you can learn to appreciate them. When you are feeling bad it only means that you are looking at something you donít like, so you only need to start looking at something that pleases you. The more you practice, the easier it is for your mind to find things around you that evoke positive feelings in you.
I sometimes wonder whether what we see outside ourselves can ever be divorced from who we are. How we perceive the world around us is a direct reflection of who we are. Some people have a tendency to look at things more introspectively than others, and are therefore more vulnerable for being affected by what they observe and experience. I don't think they should fight it. They should see it as a gift and work with it. They should also get past the fact that they are different from others and not worry how others perceive them. For those who don't think on that sensitive level, it would probably be difficult to grasp this kind of introspective thinking other than seeing it as weird or negative.
LittleBlackKitten
They weren't calling you a vampire, Bluedoll. They were asking you if you feed off the energy/mood/mental state of the people around you - the term for that is a psychic vampire; it just sounds worse than it means.
deanhills
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
They weren't calling you a vampire, Bluedoll. They were asking you if you feed off the energy/mood/mental state of the people around you - the term for that is a psychic vampire; it just sounds worse than it means.
Having seen first hand what Bluedoll has been through in the Phil&Rel forum, I don't blame her for interpreting words that come her way in their worst case meanings. I am totally amazed at Bluedoll's courage and lack of fearfulness in exercising her freedom of speech, even when she is in an overwhelming minority in the proverbial lion's den. I admire her for her integrity in standing on her own principles as she has been very consistent with where she stands. She should get some credit for having lots of integrity, for being bold, persistent, completely fearless and a survivor.
ibeadorkable
I think there is no way to completely avoid anything and everything negative. But I know that for me, personally, if I feel like a person around me just constantly is exuding a negative energy and it is consequently bringing me down, I have to separate myself from that person.

I think that for complete mental, emotional, and physical health, surrounding yourself with positivity and limiting the negativity is an essential part of self-care, like taking vitamins or getting enough sleep.