FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you like alternative rock? (AlternRock)

Do you like Alternative Rock?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
I don't know what Alternative rock is
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

speeDemon
I'm always looking for new bands, songs which I would like, and for quite some time now, I've been listening to 'Alternative Rock' or 'AlternRock', and it's impression has been good so far. Even though I like this genre as a whole, I've heard many people saying things against it. People seem to think that heavy metal or even hard rock is a 'real' genre, but I feel that this genre has something different and speacial, and overall I like it.

I generally talk about pop-rock and some other genres as sub-sections of alternative rock(that may not be a correct thing to do, but I just can't handle so many genres while I'm talking about stuff other than metal, Hard rock, Rock n' roll). I believe that this genre(collectively) gives new bands a chance to enter the rock field the 'easy way', I mean I generally charecterise songs with shredding and fast solos as 'metal side songs', and alternRock generally has some power chords and some wild effects(post- production even), along with the inclusion of unusual instruments(as in, which are not used in rock generally), so new bands can easily make songs that fall in this genre.

anyway, what do you think about this genre?