FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with New VLC media Player

dude_xyx
Yesterday I ve started using the new version of VLC player which is 1.1.4. Now everytime it changes a one video to another, screen goes black and then comes back. Anyone else experienced this problem ? or this is something to do with my PC.
bjornhoogeveen
Eerm.. I've no problems with the player I must say. You could try to reinstall it first. If it doesn't work, try a systemrecovery Smile
dude_xyx
Yeah I ll try reinstalling. My brother installed so I'm not sure if 1.1.4 is a beta version. I guess better recheck in their official web site.
ibrahim43
VLC player is not qualified . Arrow I recommend Gom Player
dude_xyx
I have that too. But it doesn't have all Codecs which VLC player has.
driftingfe3s
I don't have that problem and I'm running the same version, 1.1.4, as well.

But I usually use media player classic that comes with CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack). CCCP has served me well and I haven't touched another codec pack since I started used CCCP.
FunDa
VLC seems to be working fine for me.
Try reinstalling ...

Or change the video output method in Preferences >Video

Change the options for hardware acceleration too and always remember to restart VLC to make sure the changed settings take effect
Marcuzzo
Hi, what do you mean with:
dude_xyx wrote:
Now everytime it changes a one video to another, screen goes black and then comes back.

I don't think 1.1.4. is beta anymore so it should run fine.
Uninstall VLC, clean the registry, check your local settings and appdata folders for old files and delete them.... then reinstall.

I've been using VLC for years now and I've never seen this
ankur209
I haven't experienced any kind of problem with vlc..it's running perfectly
try reinstalling it.. Razz
dude_xyx
Anyone using VLC Player version 1.1.4 ?
FunDa
Yeah .. 1.1.4 "The Luggage" VLC

Working fine for me ... Cool
dude_xyx
Hmm I Think it has to be something with latest NVIDIA GForce Driver I ve installed. I get Same error with Gom Player too.
mahirh
dude_xyx wrote:
Hmm I Think it has to be something with latest NVIDIA GForce Driver I ve installed. I get Same error with Gom Player too.

i too think that is most probably the problem , try changing your video mode in preferences , that would help
chartcentral
VLC Media Player 1.1.4 is working well on my end. Can't replicate the thread starter's problem with the program. Smile
dude_xyx
Yeah now the problem is I can't find the older driver for my VGA card.
menino
In your Device manager - <right click My Computer, properties, Hardware>, right click on the Display adapters, properties, and in drivers, you can try rolling back the driver, to try and see if it will fix the problem, if its a driver issue.
Good Luck!
silverdown
Nope, never has a problem with VLC however i hate updating it.. but that not a problem.... it me being lazy. Laughing
mahirh
silverdown wrote:
Nope, never has a problem with VLC however i hate updating it.. but that not a problem.... it me being lazy. Laughing

i too experience that same problem , i wish if it could update like google chrome does in future builds
mukesh
dude_xyx wrote:
Yesterday I ve started using the new version of VLC player which is 1.1.4. Now everytime it changes a one video to another, screen goes black and then comes back. Anyone else experienced this problem ? or this is something to do with my PC.

Yes, Same problem on my VLC Player. One week before i downloaded this version (1.1.4) when i open Video files then this problem comes but in MP3 have no generate this problem.

Before I was VLC (Version 1.0.5). This version have no this types of Problem.
mukesh
I capture a photo of VlC

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i30/mukesh180188/Untitled1-3.jpg
JohnTailor
this post is old, I still want to give my own thought with regards to the matter. I'm ok with VLC. I have no issues with VLC Media Player. You shuold reinstalling VLC will do nothing. The problem is with the video files being corrupt.
chartcentral
The thread starter was having problems with VLC Media Player 1.1.4. I hope the latest version (currently 1.1.11) no longer has the issues he mentioned. Smile
SultanMA
I have no problems with my VLC player on windows. I suggest u to try KM player. I think it's the best player i have ever used. i uninstall all other players.
FunDa
There are a lot of VLC player clones out there.

Some of them look really promising.

A few of them which I have seen are Gplayer, Splayer, Mplayer, KNplayer, BSplayer, etc ...

I prefer a player which supports all standards and also supports automatic adding of subtitles and music lyrics

Yes, I play music also on VLC, not on a separate software. But there are not enough music related features in it.

Hope to see a good Video + Audio playing software which also does subtitles and lyrics automaticallly ( and is free)

Any recommendations ?
morkal
i like VLC player because of its simple interface and fast.......
flamepjlh
bjornhoogeveen wrote:
Eerm.. I've no problems with the player I must say. You could try to reinstall it first. If it doesn't work, try a systemrecovery Smile

System recovery will cause a lot of trouble. It''s not worth to do it.                   

Try to recover the media decoder.                                  
Confused Confused
portoskt
if you still have problems just use some other piece of software, my friend
rjraaz
it may be due to directx version just goto your preferences and check output module in vedio preference set to Default.